Nomad Club - Pics and Chat

View attachment 3749074 View attachment 3749076
I don't mind how the strap sits. As it is embellished on my bag, I quite like it crossbody. It is good to be able to see the design on it. However, I've mostly used it as a shoulder bag so far.

That colour is wonderful Lucylu!

That embellishment is beautiful and I imagine it would look nice with the strap showing it off!
You must be much smaller than me if you can wear it with the shoulder strap comfortably! It just made carrying it that way kind of awkward for me.

Reactions: Katinahat
That embellishment is beautiful and I imagine it would look nice with the strap showing it off!
You must be much smaller than me if you can wear it with the shoulder strap comfortably! It just made carrying it that way kind of awkward for me.
Thanks. I'm 5ft 3 and generally quite petite in build. I'm not sure it would fit with a thick jumper in the winter but then I think it's more of a summer bag in this colour.

Reactions: Lucylu29
Thanks. I'm 5ft 3 and generally quite petite in build. I'm not sure it would fit with a thick jumper in the winter but then I think it's more of a summer bag in this colour.

I'm 5' 5", and definitely not petite! I know I would really have a hard time with this bag and a jacket. Of course, I live in the Arizona desert, so thick jackets and coats are rare creatures around here!

Reactions: Hobbsy
I'm 5' 5", and definitely not petite! I know I would really have a hard time with this bag and a jacket. Of course, I live in the Arizona desert, so thick jackets and coats are rare creatures around here!

I am 5'4"/petite, slender build and I still found the shoulder strap tight over my shoulder - drop left bag too close to my armpit for my comfort. That was in a blouse. I am in Canada so thick sweaters, jackets, and coats are certainly not a rarity!

I received the butterscotch Nomad crossbody Monday, but I haven't had a chance until today to post pics of the bag and my modifications to it.

I really love the color and love the style of the bag, but there were two things that were bothering me. First, the shorter strap that sticks out when you use the longer strap, and second, the zipper. It is a little awkward to zip, especially with one hand. I remember seeing someone (I believe teagaggle) had taken the zipper out and added a magnetic snap instead to her crossbody, just like the larger Nomad. I decided I wanted to keep the zipper and use it when I feel I need to have my bag contents secure, but I liked the convenience of the snap also for times when I'm not so worried about security.

So, I decided to bite the bullet and cut the shorter strap off and to add a magnetic snap. I feel it's perfect now for a travel and sightseeing bag. I'm going on a trip with my sister next week and then off to CatConLA in August. I'm very excited to have the perfect bag for both these trips!

I have to give a special thanks to Teagaggle for the inspiration. Seeing her posts as she has customized her bags has given me the guts to do it myself [emoji1]
IMG_1499464540.766481.jpgIMG_1499464569.014919.jpgIMG_1499464589.476634.jpgIMG_1499464613.898539.jpg

I received the butterscotch Nomad crossbody Monday, but I haven't had a chance until today to post pics of the bag and my modifications to it.

I really love the color and love the style of the bag, but there were two things that were bothering me. First, the shorter strap that sticks out when you use the longer strap, and second, the zipper. It is a little awkward to zip, especially with one hand. I remember seeing someone (I believe teagaggle) had taken the zipper out and added a magnetic snap instead to her crossbody, just like the larger Nomad. I decided I wanted to keep the zipper and use it when I feel I need to have my bag contents secure, but I liked the convenience of the snap also for times when I'm not so worried about security.

So, I decided to bite the bullet and cut the shorter strap off and to add a magnetic snap. I feel it's perfect now for a travel and sightseeing bag. I'm going on a trip with my sister next week and then off to CatConLA in August. I'm very excited to have the perfect bag for both these trips!

I have to give a special thanks to Teagaggle for the inspiration. Seeing her posts as she has customized her bags has given me the guts to do it myself [emoji1]
View attachment 3756599View attachment 3756600View attachment 3756601View attachment 3756602

This looks awesome! I applaud your DIY skills and it was brave of you to cut the shorter strap off. I own two nomad crossbodies myself and thought seriously about cutting the shorter straps off because I use it maybe 2% of the time. I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet, though. Kudos to you! Looks great!

This looks awesome! I applaud your DIY skills and it was brave of you to cut the shorter strap off. I own two nomad crossbodies myself and thought seriously about cutting the shorter straps off because I use it maybe 2% of the time. I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet, though. Kudos to you! Looks great!

Thanks! I used a seam ripper to cut the thread on the strap to take it off. That first cut was nerve wracking, but it got easier once I got started!

View attachment 3756599View attachment 3756600View attachment 3756601View attachment 3756602

Awesome! Definitely an improvement. Maybe you could use the strap you removed and turn it into a wristlet.

Looks great! How did you attach the magnetic snap?
You're very brave. I cut a strap off a bag but it took me almost a year to get the nerve!

Looks great! How did you attach the magnetic snap?
You're very brave. I cut a strap off a bag but it took me almost a year to get the nerve!

It was very nerve wracking when I first started cutting the thread, but I knew I'd love the bag a while lot more without that strap so that spurred me on.
I bought the magnetic snaps at JoAnn's. They actually have a small section for diy purses. The color of the snaps are even gun metal like the rest of the hardware on the bag. I think they call the color hematite. It's pretty easy to do. I watched you tube videos first. The snaps have two prongs in the back, you just cut two slits in the leather where you want them to go (I used an exacto knife)and then just poke them through, place the washer that accompanies the snap through the prongs then bend them down with needle nose pliers. I made sure I used a cloth over the pliers so I wouldn't scratch the bag or the snaps. I'm assuming it's a similar process to adding a turn lock closure on a bag.

It was very nerve wracking when I first started cutting the thread, but I knew I'd love the bag a while lot more without that strap so that spurred me on.
I bought the magnetic snaps at JoAnn's. They actually have a small section for diy purses. The color of the snaps are even gun metal like the rest of the hardware on the bag. I think they call the color hematite. It's pretty easy to do. I watched you tube videos first. The snaps have two prongs in the back, you just cut two slits in the leather where you want them to go (I used an exacto knife)and then just poke them through, place the washer that accompanies the snap through the prongs then bend them down with needle nose pliers. I made sure I used a cloth over the pliers so I wouldn't scratch the bag or the snaps. I'm assuming it's a similar process to adding a turn lock closure on a bag.
Thanks. I thought maybe it was just glued on, and I didn't think that would work.