Dawn's small but well-loved collection

It occurs to me that this small update about my new Sac de Jour may be helpful to someone, so I'll share the story.

Mr Dawn ordered it from the Saint Laurent website. It arrived well packaged, without a box, and clearly new (not a return item or anything like that). However I didn't notice until the next day that there were a few small glue marks spread across the bag.

Mr Dawn called and asked for an exchange, only to be told that there was no new piece left in the country!!

Luckily we were going to France the next day so we organised to pick up a new one. Through customer services, Mr Dawn arranged for us to be shown 4-5 pieces in Galeries Lafayette, and we picked the best one. It was a straight exchange and they even boxed it really nicely.

Very pleased with the customer service. And I'm very in love with my SDJ. She's so new and pretty that I can't bring myself to carry her!

I think I need to plan a duochrome outfit: crisp white shirt, black trousers, black patent Jimmy Choo heel pumps, and carry her next week. :love:

Two small SLGs added to my collection for my birthday. Just mid-range brands. I'm still looking for the perfect superbrand compact wallet...

Watch this space.

In the meantime, I picked these for the colours. A bubblegum pink coin purse from Printemps Paris and a rose gold compact wallet from Aspinal London.

Attachments

• IMG_8387.JPG
    IMG_8387.JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 675
Two small SLGs added to my collection for my birthday. Just mid-range brands. I'm still looking for the perfect superbrand compact wallet...

Watch this space.

In the meantime, I picked these for the colours. A bubblegum pink coin purse from Printemps Paris and a rose gold compact wallet from Aspinal London.

Very pretty! Aspinal is one of my favs.

Reactions: Miss_Dawn
What a great collection @Miss_Dawn! I enjoyed seeing your bags, pens, and everything :tup: I felt a sense of comfort since I have been thinking about the bags I have. I have bags in regular rotation but there are definitely bags that I use rarely. Nevertheless, I still find there is a purpose and I already have it if the need arises even if it is not often. Once in a while I contemplate on whether I should sell when I see many bag lovers do this. Each time, I talk myself out of it...lol.

Belated birthday greetings as well! That Saint Laurent fuchsia is phenomenal! I love the color. Well wishes to you! :smile:

What a great collection @Miss_Dawn! I enjoyed seeing your bags, pens, and everything :tup: I felt a sense of comfort since I have been thinking about the bags I have. I have bags in regular rotation but there are definitely bags that I use rarely. Nevertheless, I still find there is a purpose and I already have it if the need arises even if it is not often. Once in a while I contemplate on whether I should sell when I see many bag lovers do this. Each time, I talk myself out of it...lol.

Belated birthday greetings as well! That Saint Laurent fuchsia is phenomenal! I love the color. Well wishes to you! :smile:

Thank you for this kind message.

I know, I sometimes worry about using all my bags too, but most of the time, I don't worry about it. I just enjoy whichever one I'm carrying. For example, I hadn't carried my Louis Vuitton Papillon in more than a year and suddenly I'm carrying it non-stop. Same with my Scotchgrain Mulberry. So like you, I just enjoy knowing I'm covered for every occasion and every mood! :flowers:

Also thank you for the compliments on my Saint Laurent SDJ. I'm very in love, and I haven't dared carry it yet but I will very soon. :giggle:

Next up I think I'll do Mulberry.

I have to admit I've never really enjoyed the classic Bayswater (I know, shock & horror). I just find it too hefty to carry comfortably by hand.
So I was thrilled when the East West Bayswater with long shoulder handles, in white gloss leather came out. I can't remember the year, but I was still in university and there was no store near me. It was snowing, and my DH called the SA at a store about an hour away from us, and they promised to hold it for me. I was on cloud 9 when I picked it up a few days later. Happy days.

I also have a Scotchgrain shoulder bag which is like Chanel's Caviar, but more glossy, more pebbly and practically indestructible. It has a glossy brown leather trim all around the side, which is very stylish in real life, although I didn't manage to photograph it in profile.

Finally I bought the Mulberry Lily Medium in Glossy Black, with soft gold hardware, a couple of months ago. She's a beauty.

So here is my little Mulberry family.

- Mulberry East West Bayswater in White Gloss
- Mulberry Lily Medium in Glossy Black
- Mulberry Black Scotchgrain and Brown Leather bag
That perfume display is getting me way too excited! I'm going to have to leave this thread, calm down, and come back later! (LOL)