You Balenciaga Strap Extension DIY Tricks

24e9clj.jpg

25r09wp.jpg

wrnax2.jpg

Two beautiful Mautto chains . So I can modify the lenght for wearing it crossbody or on shoulder

Last edited:
Reactions: Kendie26
For black bags with regular HW, I purchased the longer strap from Balenciaga.
I also bought a cheap metal strap off of ebay (10 USD) and have been using it with my first. Can also use it for my cities with sh.
Two pics I previously posted elsewhere.
View attachment 3743658 View attachment 3743659
Hey BPC, the Balenciaga strap looks great, what's the range of length of the strap? For me to wear it cross body ideally, I need a strap that's about 90cm? What do you think?

Hey BPC, the Balenciaga strap looks great, what's the range of length of the strap? For me to wear it cross body ideally, I need a strap that's about 90cm? What do you think?

Haven't measured the strap in it's entirety, as it's very difficult to pull the prong/tongue out of the tiny leather hole.
Currently though, the prong is positioned in the shortest part of the strap, and it's just under 38" which is just under 97cm.
You can always have a leather worker or cobbler put in an extra hole higher up the strap to make it shorter.

I did measure the adjustable part separately, and it's an additional 7" (18cm"), so the total length of the strap is 45" or 114cm.

I'll say this, I'm not loving the design at all. Trying to adjust the length is very difficult, and I don't think I can be careful enough without causing damage to the leather around the holes/eyelets.

Haven't measured the strap in it's entirety, as it's very difficult to pull the prong/tongue out of the tiny leather hole.
Currently though, the prong is positioned in the shortest part of the strap, and it's just under 38" which is just under 97cm.
You can always have a leather worker or cobbler put in an extra hole higher up the strap to make it shorter.

I did measure the adjustable part separately, and it's an additional 7" (18cm"), so the total length of the strap is 45" or 114cm.

I'll say this, I'm not loving the design at all. Trying to adjust the length is very difficult, and I don't think I can be careful enough without causing damage to the leather around the holes/eyelets.
Thanks for giving me an approximate idea of length. Much appreciated!

My issue with the original leather strap is it does slip off my shoulders. I tried extending it with a chain but still couldn't wear it cross body; it was uncomfortable. I love my City and I need my hands free, cross body is the only way I can still use it. Thanks for the information again!

Reactions: BPC

If you look closely at the holes you should see a small leather slit on each one, which allows the hole to open up so you can poke the little thingie through (technical term:lol:). On my mini Pom the slit hadn't been opened all the way through on the hole I needed so I carefully used a blade to open it.

Reactions: BPC
If you look closely at the holes you should see a small leather slit on each one, which allows the hole to open up so you can poke the little thingie through (technical term:lol:). On my mini Pom the slit hadn't been opened all the way through on the hole I needed so I carefully used a blade to open it.

Yeah, I see what you mean.. hmm..

love to use different straps
While I totally admire some of the straps you all come up with, I simply can't substitute any other strap for the original. My OCD tells me not to :lol:...even if it would make the bag so much more wearable...I'm probably going to let my 05 City go for that reason. The only City I have left :sad:...

Reactions: Pollie-Jean
For black bags with regular HW, I purchased the longer strap from Balenciaga.
I also bought a cheap metal strap off of ebay (10 USD) and have been using it with my first. Can also use it for my cities with sh.
Two pics I previously posted elsewhere.
View attachment 3743658 View attachment 3743659

love to use different straps

The chains on your bags look lovely, BPC and PollieJean! ❤❤❤ i love this thread as i can learn many ingenious ways to lengthen straps as I have a first. I also love @ksuromax long chain strap for her first outremer. The long chain straps make the bags more wearable! :smile: