You Balenciaga Strap Extension DIY Tricks

While I totally admire some of the straps you all come up with, I simply can't substitute any other strap for the original. My OCD tells me not to :lol:...even if it would make the bag so much more wearable...I'm probably going to let my 05 City go for that reason. The only City I have left :sad:...

Your post made me laugh (in a good way because I'm OCD about many things.)

I know what you mean though, but honestly, the longer straps make the bags much more wearable.
Would never have bought a first if I couldn't do x-body. I think that bag was meant for a long strap- it just suits it so well.
As for the city I look at it this way-
if you're not a fan of wearing it on the shoulder, using a cross-body means saving the handles. Even Bal themselves came out with a longer strap for their city bags. So maybe give it a try and see if it works for you?

Reactions: Pollie-Jean
The chains on your bags look lovely, BPC and PollieJean! ❤❤❤ i love this thread as i can learn many ingenious ways to lengthen straps as I have a first. I also love @ksuromax long chain strap for her first outremer. The long chain straps make the bags more wearable! :smile:

Thanks. But my post should have read, I bought the strap off of Amazon, not Ebay :biggrin:.

Your post made me laugh (in a good way because I'm OCD about many things.)

I know what you mean though, but honestly, the longer straps make the bags much more wearable.
Would never have bought a first if I couldn't do x-body. I think that bag was meant for a long strap- it just suits it so well.
As for the city I look at it this way-
if you're not a fan of wearing it on the shoulder, using a cross-body means saving the handles. Even Bal themselves came out with a longer strap for their city bags. So maybe give it a try and see if it works for you?

If the longer strap made the City work as a shoulder bag perhaps but I'm not huge on cross body with a bag the size of the City. The First, sure, but my First is rouge theatre so no strap match :hrmm:. I have exactly one of each, my black 05 City and my RT First, have sold all of the others. My 09 black, true red, eggplant, mogano, all beautiful City bags, My 03 black First, my Coquelicot First, all sold. I love the look of them but they just aren't the right style for me I guess. I need to try a Town, it's a good size for cross body and big enough I think for all of my junk.

wp_20171117_13_01_47_pro-crop-jpg.3882404
wp_20171117_12_41_27_pro-crop-jpg.3882405

This is pretty ghetto but it will do until I find my black crossbody :heart:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 5.23.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 5.23.15 PM.png
    737.2 KB · Views: 455
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 5.23.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 5.23.08 PM.png
    423.1 KB · Views: 458
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 5.22.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 5.22.55 PM.png