Cartier thin small/Love bracelet thread

Thank you all for your replies! I tried on both today and still can't really decide.. please let me know what you think! (Unfortunately the lighting was dark in the store so they're not great pictures :sad:.. the brighter one is rose gold!)

The white gold was a lot darker than my silver jewellery.. I didn't expect that at all lol.. I'm assuming it just gets darker with time?
You are going to get even more confused by asking because everyone has different preference.

You are going to get even more confused by asking because everyone has different preference.

Yes! It is COMPLETELY your decision! I think both look gorgeous on you and you have to go with the one that calls to you and not base your decision on people from the internet that don't really know you and what you want :smile: you cannot go wrong with either choice, that's why they have all of those options for you! People like different things!

Thank you all for your replies! I tried on both today and still can't really decide.. please let me know what you think! (Unfortunately the lighting was dark in the store so they're not great pictures :sad:.. the brighter one is rose gold!)

The white gold was a lot darker than my silver jewellery.. I didn't expect that at all lol.. I'm assuming it just gets darker with time?

I like rose gold, but I'm very biased because that's my favourite gold colour :P

As for white gold being darker than silver, Cartier's non diamond white gold Loves are not rhodium plated, and unplated white gold is darker/warmer than that with rhodium plating, and darker than sterling silver. Here's a comparison pic I found of different metal colours:
tiLpN9o.jpg

On the plus side, you won't have to worry about the rhodium plating wearing off (it will over time), making the bracelet look uneven.

Yes! It is COMPLETELY your decision! I think both look gorgeous on you and you have to go with the one that calls to you and not base your decision on people from the internet that don't really know you and what you want :smile: you cannot go wrong with either choice, that's why they have all of those options for you! People like different things!

I know everyone has different tastes but I really couldn't decide which one so I thought I'd ask for some help :confused1: it would have been an easy decision if the white gold wasn't so unexpectedly dark compared to my silver jewellery! I think I have to go back and take some more better pictures lol.. thank you ladies for your input!

Reactions: lvjunkyxo
I like rose gold, but I'm very biased because that's my favourite gold colour :P

As for white gold being darker than silver, Cartier's non diamond white gold Loves are not rhodium plated, and unplated white gold is darker/warmer than that with rhodium plating, and darker than sterling silver. Here's a comparison pic I found of different metal colours:
tiLpN9o.jpg

On the plus side, you won't have to worry about the rhodium plating wearing off (it will over time), making the bracelet look uneven.

Wow this was extremely helpful to compare the metals!! Thank you so much!!

I think the rose gold looks beautiful on you.

I only wear silver colored jewelry and originally got a white gold Love. I've since added the other two colors and the white gold one is actually my least favorite now.

Reactions: supersleec
I think the rose gold looks beautiful on you.

I only wear silver colored jewelry and originally got a white gold Love. I've since added the other two colors and the white gold one is actually my least favorite now.

Thanks for your opinion! May I ask why the white gold is your least favourite now? Is it because it ages differently?

Thanks for your opinion! May I ask why the white gold is your least favourite now? Is it because it ages differently?
The "screw" indents have aged in a way that make them look dark grey when light isn't shining directly into the grooves. Before I use to think that I'd add another WG to my stack, but now I think I'd add another RG if I added anymore. The WG looks more industrial and slightly less feminine.

I like the pink gold one on you personally. If you go back you should try on the yellow gold one too, because why not? [emoji3]
I made the mistake of not trying on all 3. I went with pg gold and I love it. A year later I got the yellow and love it even more! :smile: white gold was too dark for my taste.

Hi everyone!!
I've been wanting the cartier love bracelet for years, but I could never justify spending that much on a jewellery item. Now that they came out with a new thin one, I'm very interested and will probably purchase by the end of this year (fingers crossed I can save up enough!!). I've been debating whether to get rose gold or white gold, and that's where I need your expertise! In the very beginning, I always wanted the white gold because all my jewellery is silver, and I didn't like mixing metals too much so white gold would match the best (I don't plan on taking it off, ever). Then, about a year ago, I bought the love ring in rose gold. I wear the ring on my right hand with my watch (silver), and nothing else. I've tried on the rose gold bracelet on my left hand alone and I love the look of it, but now I'm wondering if it's weird to have a rose gold accent on the left hand with all my silver jewellery and a rose gold ring on my right hand?? I haven't tried the white gold bracelet yet but I'm sure it would look fine since I wear all silver jewellery anyway. Would it be best to stick with white gold bracelet to match everything? Also, how does the white gold age? I usually see more rose/yellow gold bracelets on this thread and was just wondering if there's a reason behind white gold being less popular..

So sorry for the long post!! Thank you so much in advance, I really appreciate it! :heart:
Hi it's my first post....I think the RG looks beautiful on you. Try the YG on also for the heck of it....it might just surprise you and I also agree with all the others that the WG will eventually just look like a stainless steel eventually. I also purchased the small model Love in YG in February I have never taken it off it's super comfy and looks great with my VCA sweet Alhambra and Cartier DLCD bracelet and my Juste Un Clou ring . In the end get what SPEAKS to you the most because it has to make you smile...Good Luck can't wait to see what you finally decide on