The PEARL Lovers Thread!

Since I have pearls on the brain right now, does anyone wear an enhancer with their pearl strands? If so, can you post a pic? thanks!
Finally got around to taking some pics of my enhancers. I have several pendants that I would wear as enhancers so I've been looking at some of those enhancers that will attach to a regular pendant bale to convert it. These are the 5 I have....1 vintage Jade with a gold dragon holding a pearl & the other 4 are crosses designed by Barbara Bixby. Sorry about the picture focus. A Photographer, I am not. :graucho:
20170718_121925.jpg 20170718_122544.jpg 20170718_122922.jpg 20170718_124114.jpg 20170718_123238.jpg 20170718_123432.jpg

Finally got around to taking some pics of my enhancers. I have several pendants that I would wear as enhancers so I've been looking at some of those enhancers that will attach to a regular pendant bale to convert it. These are the 5 I have....1 vintage Jade with a gold dragon holding a pearl & the other 4 are crosses designed by Barbara Bixby. Sorry about the picture focus. A Photographer, I am not. :graucho:
View attachment 3767319 View attachment 3767320 View attachment 3767321 View attachment 3767322 View attachment 3767323 View attachment 3767324
WOW, those crosses are beautiful. Please post a pic if you find an enhancer that would work with a regular pendant bale. I have a few crosses that I would love to attach to one of my strands.

Reactions: cdtracing
I can't for the LIFE of me take a good neck shot. So Ill just post the glamour shot I got from Pearl Paradise when I had this assembled, and hope I can take a good neck shot soon! I am wearing my faux harvest tahitian strand and necklace. The "Faux" is because this didnt come from one harvest... rather I collected these pearls over time to achieve a harvest strand style piece.

Attachments

• 111myharveststrand.jpg
    111myharveststrand.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 440
View attachment 3767319 View attachment 3767320 View attachment 3767321 View attachment 3767322 View attachment 3767323 View attachment 3767324

Omigosh! Those are exquisite! :love: I don't know which one I like more than the others but I love all of them. Do you get a lot of wear out of them? They all are just so stunning! I've seen the Bixby crosses online but putting them together with pearl strands makes them all the lovelier. Thank you so much for posting pictures!

I tried to snap a photo of my cameo enhancer on a pearl strand but I kept getting a blurry askew photo of my wrinkled neck. When I tried to post it from my old Nexus tablet the tablet kept going into a special Share mode and I started to worry that I was about to share my wattled neck with everyone in my e-mail directory including a few house contractors and former coworkers, and so quickly deleted it. I will try again with another device.

Reactions: cdtracing
Omigosh! Those are exquisite! :love: I don't know which one I like more than the others but I love all of them. Do you get a lot of wear out of them? They all are just so stunning! I've seen the Bixby crosses online but putting them together with pearl strands makes them all the lovelier. Thank you so much for posting pictures!

I tried to snap a photo of my cameo enhancer on a pearl strand but I kept getting a blurry askew photo of my wrinkled neck. When I tried to post it from my old Nexus tablet the tablet kept going into a special Share mode and I started to worry that I was about to share my wattled neck with everyone in my e-mail directory including a few house contractors and former coworkers, and so quickly deleted it. I will try again with another device.

Yes, I wear them quite often. I wear them with pearls, chains, omegas, & neck wires. I wear them dressed up or casual....just depends on what I wear them on.

I can't for the LIFE of me take a good neck shot. So Ill just post the glamour shot I got from Pearl Paradise when I had this assembled, and hope I can take a good neck shot soon! I am wearing my faux harvest tahitian strand and necklace. The "Faux" is because this didnt come from one harvest... rather I collected these pearls over time to achieve a harvest strand style piece.
Beautiful and very interesting strand. Love it.

I ordered an inexpensive enhancer to add some pendants to my strand. What do you think? ( excuse the 50+ neck)

I Love It! I love that madeira citrine color. That's a common color found in Czech glass beads from the early 20th century by the way. If you go on ebay and search for "amber Czech glass beads" you'll find lots of vintage strands and chokers that would pair well with the pearls and the enhancer. Blue Nile also offers a nice selection of earrings in madeira citrine.

I Love It! I love that madeira citrine color. That's a common color found in Czech glass beads from the early 20th century by the way. If you go on ebay and search for "amber Czech glass beads" you'll find lots of vintage strands and chokers that would pair well with the pearls and the enhancer. Blue Nile also offers a nice selection of earrings in madeira citrine.
Thanks, it's actually a topaz my mother-in-law gave me. It was once a very large ring she had cut down to make the pendant, ring, and matching earrings. She gifted them to me since we both are November babies.

Thanks, it's actually a topaz my mother-in-law gave me. It was once a very large ring she had cut down to make the pendant, ring, and matching earrings. She gifted them to me since we both are November babies.

Wow! That must have been some topaz ring!

That's sadly a gemstone you don't hear mentioned often these days even though it is far more beautiful than citrine and many other popular stones. Seems like one heard about topazes often in the 1950s and '60s. My mom wore a perfume called Topaz which came packaged with a beautiful faux topaz on the bottle or jar. :love: But I rarely hear the stone mentioned much these days.

Enjoy your lovely pendant! I love the enhancer clip. I had never seen one before. Is that something that is easy to find?

Reactions: JenW and cdtracing