Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

mimicry26

Lady in Red
Mar 20, 2015
hi
Initially i cant decide between disco bag with dionysus
But now i cant decide between disco or marmont velvet mini
Which bag do you think is more versatile and suitable for daily use? And will still be in style in the next 10 years
And to those that own the marmont velvet
Is the thread of the embroidered chevron really obvious? Is it White in color? (As seen in the last pic)

Pls advise
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4830.JPG
    IMG_4830.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 6,290
  • IMG_4973.JPG
    IMG_4973.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 4,300
  • IMG_4975.jpg
    IMG_4975.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 1,819
Last edited:
hi
Which bag do you think is more versatile and suitable for daily use? And will still be in style in the next 10 years
Is the thread of the embroidered chevron really obvious? Is it White in color? (As seen in the last pic)

Pls advise
Thanks
Hi mimicry,

I replied you in my thread about the mini velvet. The threads are not noticeable at all, so you don't have to worry. I am not sure why the picture shows that way.

These are my opinions in regards to the three bags you are considering.

1. Gucci soho disco (this is getting discontinued, if it is on your wish list, I suggest getting this first. I think the dionysus and marmont will be around longer)
- definitely more versatile and wearable for every day. Can dress up or down with it
- this will definitely be in style for the next 10 years
- only con for me: it sags as the leather softens. I like my structured bags.

2. Dionysus
- can dress up or down with it.
- versatile every day bag
- (my opinion) probably be in style for the next 10 years
- only con for me: I don't like canvas. I had Gucci canvas and over time, I find it gets dirty easy and the corners start to show wear (I baby my bags too) I feel that if I have to pay so much, it better be leather.

3. Velvet marmont
- I think you can only dress up with it because of the texture (velvet) of the bag. I've seen some ig people dress down with it too. It looks nice
- I don't think it's very versatile for everyday. I find myself babying the velvet more. It needs a lint roller..or I am worried about stains.. or it getting wet
- some people say this is a trendy bag and will probably go out of style... some say it is classy.. I don't follow trends anyways, I get whatever I like and make it work for me :P
- thread is not white. The bag is all black
- con: I love the velvet but I am also worried about the wear in the long run

Reactions: Lavender_Tea
Hi mimicry,

I replied you in my thread about the mini velvet. The threads are not noticeable at all, so you don't have to worry. I am not sure why the picture shows that way.

These are my opinions in regards to the three bags you are considering.

1. Gucci soho disco (this is getting discontinued, if it is on your wish list, I suggest getting this first. I think the dionysus and marmont will be around longer)
- definitely more versatile and wearable for every day. Can dress up or down with it
- this will definitely be in style for the next 10 years
- only con for me: it sags as the leather softens. I like my structured bags.

2. Dionysus
- can dress up or down with it.
- versatile every day bag
- (my opinion) probably be in style for the next 10 years
- only con for me: I don't like canvas. I had Gucci canvas and over time, I find it gets dirty easy and the corners start to show wear (I baby my bags too) I feel that if I have to pay so much, it better be leather.

3. Velvet marmont
- I think you can only dress up with it because of the texture (velvet) of the bag. I've seen some ig people dress down with it too. It looks nice
- I don't think it's very versatile for everyday. I find myself babying the velvet more. It needs a lint roller..or I am worried about stains.. or it getting wet
- some people say this is a trendy bag and will probably go out of style... some say it is classy.. I don't follow trends anyways, I get whatever I like and make it work for me :P
- thread is not white. The bag is all black
- con: I love the velvet but I am also worried about the wear in the long run

Hi again
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question
Really appreciate it.
Im so stucked between this velvet marmont & disco bag..
Ive never own any chain bag like marmont before
When i saw this marmont velvet on YouTube , it looks so gorgeous!!
But at the same time i also want a crossbody bag for traveling/ every day use
I feel that disco bag is more suitable for my need and of course the price point is better for my wallet
BUT
I have always wanted a chain bag like this marmont. N on YouTube someone mentioned that it was difficult for her to get this velvet mini marmont as its always out of stock.. But do you think this velvet marmont Is durable for everyday use?
Thanks again for your help

hi

Pls advise
Thanks
I haven't had experience with velvet bags so I can't advise you on that front. Hopefully someone else can chime in with their experience.

I like the Disco for its casual and carefree vibe. It's very classic and great for everyday, which you are looking for. I think the Marmont is a bit more versatile though. The gold hardware dresses up a casual look and will transition to dressier occasions very easily so this might justify the price tag.

I could have sworn I saw another version of the black velvet Marmont with black thread. Perhaps it's just lighting differences between models. You should try and talk to an SA to confirm.

Hi again
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question
Really appreciate it.
Im so stucked between this velvet marmont & disco bag..
Ive never own any chain bag like marmont before
When i saw this marmont velvet on YouTube , it looks so gorgeous!!
But at the same time i also want a crossbody bag for traveling/ every day use
I feel that disco bag is more suitable for my need and of course the price point is better for my wallet
BUT
I have always wanted a chain bag like this marmont. N on YouTube someone mentioned that it was difficult for her to get this velvet mini marmont as its always out of stock.. But do you think this velvet marmont Is durable for everyday use?
Thanks again for your help

Haha I feel like I had the same struggles as you did when deciding between the both of them. I am not sure if you have ig, but if you type a quick search #velvetmarmont, you will see a lot of people dressing down with the bag and that can give you an idea of how it looks dressed down. Some girl rocked it with jeans and I thought it looks great.

One thing you are right about is the availability.. the velvet marmont esp the mini sells out so fast. The stores never have it in stock (I live in Canada, so it is even harder lol) I ordered mine online and it came in two weeks (box and everything). The bag is more stunning in real life than pictures. It looks way better than the soho disco in my opinion.. even though I feel the soho disco is more practical because leather is generally easy to take care of, I don't think the soho is something you can dress up with. And the marmont velvet has a more wow factor compared to the disco

In regards to wear and tear, this is my first velvet bag and my first experience with velvet. I brought it out to a wedding with me, I am planning to wear jeans and a white blouse with it next. I haven't noticed any significant wear to it yet because I had it less than a month.. but I don't plan on using it every day and I take pretty good care of my bags. I store it with the stuffing that it came with.. I can see this bag losing its shape if you stack something on top of it. And I am sure it will be okay as long as you take care of it and watch where u place it down. There are no feet on the bottom, just soft and lush velvet :biggrin: btw this is my first chain bag too and the bag is not heavy at all! It is really comfortable to wear cross body compared to the Chanel boy. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

I don't think you will regret it once you see the velvet marmont in person. It is really pretty and the hardware goes super well with it ;)

Reactions: mimicry26
Haha I feel like I had the same struggles as you did when deciding between the both of them. I am not sure if you have ig, but if you type a quick search #velvetmarmont, you will see a lot of people dressing down with the bag and that can give you an idea of how it looks dressed down. Some girl rocked it with jeans and I thought it looks great.

One thing you are right about is the availability.. the velvet marmont esp the mini sells out so fast. The stores never have it in stock (I live in Canada, so it is even harder lol) I ordered mine online and it came in two weeks (box and everything). The bag is more stunning in real life than pictures. It looks way better than the soho disco in my opinion.. even though I feel the soho disco is more practical because leather is generally easy to take care of, I don't think the soho is something you can dress up with. And the marmont velvet has a more wow factor compared to the disco

In regards to wear and tear, this is my first velvet bag and my first experience with velvet. I brought it out to a wedding with me, I am planning to wear jeans and a white blouse with it next. I haven't noticed any significant wear to it yet because I had it less than a month.. but I don't plan on using it every day and I take pretty good care of my bags. I store it with the stuffing that it came with.. I can see this bag losing its shape if you stack something on top of it. And I am sure it will be okay as long as you take care of it and watch where u place it down. There are no feet on the bottom, just soft and lush velvet :biggrin: btw this is my first chain bag too and the bag is not heavy at all! It is really comfortable to wear cross body compared to the Chanel boy. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

I don't think you will regret it once you see the velvet marmont in person. It is really pretty and the hardware goes super well with it ;)

Thanks so much for letting me know the ig hashtag
It helps alot too
This velvet marmont is indeed a beauty!
May i know what size is your marmont? Can it fit an iPad mini?
I normally wear white, light blue, stripes oversized shirt , Do you think the gold hardware will looks too dressy for my casual outfit
And do you know what size is her bag?
I thought of getting the mini size
But would it be too small?
i dont want a very big bag cause i want a cross body bag too..
Thanks again
Hope to hear from you soon ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_5105.PNG
    IMG_5105.PNG
    890.3 KB · Views: 2,059
Hi Mimicry, the picture of that girl in IG is the mini size. I have the mini size too and it holds quite a lot. I can fit an iPhone 6s Plus, lv zippy wallet, I have a bulgy 6 key ring holder with a big car remote fob hanging out of it and a ysl lipstick. If you have seen the LV Eva clutch, the mini marmont fits more than the Eva clutch. (I have the Eva clutch that's why I could do the comparison)

As for the gold hardware, it's not a bright gold, it is an antique-y bronze gold so it won't look too dressy with a casual outfit. If you want more exact color reference, my picture in my thread when I was complaining about the hardware is pretty accurate in terms of hardware color. I was pretty shocked when I received it.. I thought it was rusting but was later informed it was normal. Ever since then, the hardware never changed color. It stayed looking somewhat rusty but that's the look apparently. :biggrin:

As for your usual wardrobe, I wear the same colors, and the mini velvet marmont doesn't clash with my outfit.

Ohh another good reference for you to google is that kourtney kardashian and Kendall Jenner have the mini velvet marmont. (I did plenty of research because I had nothing in person to compare to.. so I had to rely on a lot of ig pics and google lol) There are paparazzi shots of them so you can check for reference and size. And they are dressed super down when wearing the bag. I just googled "Kourtney Kardashian velvet marmont"

Good luck and let me know if you have more questions. Happy to help :smile:

Last edited:
Hi Mimicry, the picture of that girl in IG is the mini size. I have the mini size too and it holds quite a lot. I can fit an iPhone 6s Plus, lv zippy wallet, I have a bulgy 6 key ring holder with a big car remote fob hanging out of it and a ysl lipstick. If you have seen the LV Eva clutch, the mini marmont fits more than the Eva clutch. (I have the Eva clutch that's why I could do the comparison)

As for the gold hardware, it's not a bright gold, it is an antique-y bronze gold so it won't look too dressy with a casual outfit. If you want more exact color reference, my picture in my thread when I was complaining about the hardware is pretty accurate in terms of hardware color. I was pretty shocked when I received it.. I thought it was rusting but was later informed it was normal. Ever since then, the hardware never changed color. It stayed looking somewhat rusty but that's the look apparently. :biggrin:

As for your usual wardrobe, I wear the same colors, and the mini velvet marmont doesn't clash with my outfit.

Ohh another good reference for you to google is that kourtney kardashian and Kendall Jenner have the mini velvet marmont. (I did plenty of research because I had nothing in person to compare to.. so I had to rely on a lot of ig pics and google lol) There are paparazzi shots of them so you can check for reference and size. And they are dressed super down when wearing the bag. I just googled "Kourtney Kardashian velvet marmont"

Good luck and let me know if you have more questions. Happy to help :smile:

Thank you so much Esmhlee
You are so kind and very helpful!!
Im so glad i come here to ask.
Im going to order the bag tonight or tomorrow
Will update once i have received it
Thanks again!!❤️❤️❤️❤️Lots of love ❤️

Reactions: Gimmethebag
Thank you so much Esmhlee
You are so kind and very helpful!!
Im so glad i come here to ask.
Im going to order the bag tonight or tomorrow
Will update once i have received it
Thanks again!!❤️❤️❤️❤️Lots of love ❤️

Aww you are welcome! Yay we can be bag twins :smile: can't wait to see the reveal when you receive it! You will love it :smile:

Reactions: mimicry26
Aww you are welcome! Yay we can be bag twins :smile: can't wait to see the reveal when you receive it! You will love it :smile:
Guess what?
Ive ordered the bag today
Im super excited but nervous too at the same time
I have never seen the bag in real life
Just rely on online pic
I hope its really lovely And i will be satisfied with it
So nervous
Will post a reveal once ive received the bag
Thanks again❤️❤️❤️

Reactions: Kmora