The curse of the Pochette Métis

It's definitely small for an everyday workhorse, but I think it's so perfect for running errands on the weekend or going out with friends for dinner. I was just so drawn to the shape and structure; it really spoke to me more than the PM, even though I know the PM was so much more in demand. I was deciding between the two in Rome, and the SA was pushing me so hard towards the PM (and there were two other people waiting to try on the PM right by me). I knew that if I bought the PM though, it would be due to pressure to get a high-demand bag, rather than really loving it.

It definitely helped that I bought in Italy, where it ended up being like... $500 cheaper than in the US! After the VAT refund, I ended up paying about $1000 USD, which I don't think it too bad at all! (Especially when I shell out $3100+ for Chanel minis...).
Actually seeing it in person I thought it resembled the PM, but in DE. I love the little details on it and it was really comfortable. You definitely got it for a great price! Congrats! I don't really think it is overpriced to begin with.

If you think about it all of these canvas pieces are a bit overpriced in general. But that's why they call it luxury! Chanel prices are pretty steep, but it is canvas vs leather. I don't think I would spend $3100 on a canvas bag! Lol. Enjoy your new bag!

My first PM was an infrarouge one that I bought last December. The canvas peeled. I exchanged it for a reverse mono PM. The glazing peeled. I exchanged it for a different bag. Later on, I got another reverse mono PM, but was too afraid of having more issues and exchanged it for the classic mono PM. I've had this bag for less than two months... but I just saw this.
I do feel I'm done with the Pochette Métis. I love this style, but it definitely doesn't love me back.
I'll go to the store tomorrow to have this solved. I hope it goes smoothly.
I got mine last Christmas and this is how it looks now :sad: :sad: :sad:

Attachments

• IMG_1822.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_1822.JPG.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 892
  • IMG_1823.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_1823.JPG.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 898
  • IMG_1826.JPG
    IMG_1826.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 937
Why are you still carrying it? Return it ASAP!!! Mine was from October and the gave me a credit on the spot!!!
When did you return your PM? By the way, where are you from? I'm from Asia and sad to say that most of the shops here are not "PRO Consumer" unlike in US you can easily return and ask for refund or store credit. But I will try my luck to get a store credit hopefully next week.

When did you return your PM? By the way, where are you from? I'm from Asia and sad to say that most of the shops here are not "PRO Consumer" unlike in US you can easily return and ask for refund or store credit. But I will try my luck to get a store credit hopefully next week.
I returned mine around the middle of this month. They usually will do something within the first year. I am in the US, Texas.

Last edited:
The PM glazing issues on the flap are certainly a design flaw. LV SA's, if they've been around long enough, must be aware of it. What is awful about this is that customers seem to be treated differently depending on the S.A., boutique, or even country. I've only brought any bag problems to the Boston boutique, and they have always been wonderful - apologetic & accommodating. I think all customers should get the same CS. It should be standard. It's the same company.

The PM glazing issues on the flap are certainly a design flaw. LV SA's, if they've been around long enough, must be aware of it. What is awful about this is that customers seem to be treated differently depending on the S.A., boutique, or even country. I've only brought any bag problems to the Boston boutique, and they have always been wonderful - apologetic & accommodating. I think all customers should get the same CS. It should be standard. It's the same company.

Sadly and most likely we all know the glazing issue isn't exclusive to this design. But it sure seems to be worse with the metis PM. I've had to either return, exchange or sell nearly every LV I've bought in the last 7 years. I've collected since 1998 and have seen a substantial decrease in the level of quality. That said, I still love some of the designs so I wait for a year or two after they launch to see what the feedback is before I buy.

Totally agree....customer service should be consistent company wide. There's no excuse for bad service, especially when there's a worldwide known design flaw. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I got the PM Reverse from 2017 and I am crossing my fingers. I had ordered the PM mono and got it this week but decided two of the PM was too much for me and was afraid of pushing my luck after seeing these pics. I sent back the PM mono and ended up locating a store that still had one Palm Springs Mini Backpack in mono and ordered that. I think I made the best choice for me.

Yes. I think it was $1780. I'm still trying to decide what to buy.
I already went to LV a while ago. I didn't have much of a choice but to accept their only offer which was Free Repair!!! :sad: I told them I want refund /store credit but they said they need to "try to fix it first" and IF i will experience same issue then that is the time they will issue a refund!!!!! :sad: :sad: