Borough Bag Clubhouse!!

My Borough has magnetic closures. I have a shot at buying one now with zippers. Anything I should know about the zipper bags? I would think they are best worn open most of the time to make things more accessible.
Did you get the one with zippers?

I prefer the zippers to the magnet. I couldn't deal with how easily the magnet opened and ended up returning. I tried twice. That's just my preference, though. I like having the security of the zippers.

Question. I'm new to the Borough fandom. Initially I only saw bags with the hardware at the handle base. Now I see bags with no hardware joining the handles to the bag. Was there more than one design generation for this bag? Which is the older design?

Question. I'm new to the Borough fandom. Initially I only saw bags with the hardware at the handle base. Now I see bags with no hardware joining the handles to the bag. Was there more than one design generation for this bag? Which is the older design?
Are you thinking of the turnlock Borough? To my knowledge all have a ring to attached the handle so they can "flop down".

Are you thinking of the turnlock Borough? To my knowledge all have a ring to attached the handle so they can "flop down".
Not any with the turnlock. I had only previously seen non-turnlock ones like the pebbled ones currently on the Coach site that have a metal loop attaching the handle to the bag. See earlier posts on pg 90-91 of this post of a bag with the handles stitched onto the bag, not attached with a metal ring to the bag ( ex. posted pic of a loganberry Borough). Is the difference because there were different design generations for this bag?

Not any with the turnlock. I had only previously seen non-turnlock ones like the pebbled ones currently on the Coach site that have a metal loop attaching the handle to the bag. See earlier posts on pg 90-91 of this post of a bag with the handles stitched onto the bag, not attached with a metal ring to the bag ( ex. posted pic of a loganberry Borough). Is the difference because there were different design generations for this bag?
You need to let people know the post number if you're referring. Page numbers are different depending on what kind of electronic device someone is using.

I think you're talking about the nappa leather soft boroughs. They don't have zippered compartments or metal loops at the handles

Reactions: carterazo
I see. Appreciate the explanation.
Incidentally, the nappa Boroughs such as the one shown in post #1807 were from a later generation of the bag. Per the Coach Outlet salesperson I spoke with, the magnets were not as popular with customers as the zippers and were only produced briefly. Personally I think it is still a beautifully constructed bag but the zippers probably are more practical.

Incidentally, the nappa Boroughs such as the one shown in post #1807 were from a later generation of the bag. Per the Coach Outlet salesperson I spoke with, the magnets were not as popular with customers as the zippers and were only produced briefly. Personally I think it is still a beautifully constructed bag but the zippers probably are more practical.
Thank you. I appreciate this Borough history tid bit. [emoji5]️

Reactions: Leena.coach

Fab info thank you I had no idea there were so many types made

Reactions: Leena.coach
I just now found out about the open Borough bags, no magnets and just a couple side pocket zippers I think. When I first saw one online I thought a regular Borough had been altered. They must be rare because you don't even see them on eBay now and they have a lot of Boroughs.
Yes, they were more like a tote with minimal pockets. I remember one with lovely suede interior. I don't they were ver popular.