Borough Bag Clubhouse!!

I just now found out about the open Borough bags, no magnets and just a couple side pocket zippers I think. When I first saw one online I thought a regular Borough had been altered. They must be rare because you don't even see them on eBay now and they have a lot of Boroughs.

I believe you're talking about the Town totes? There were both east-west and north-south options available. Great bag it was!

Reactions: elvisfan4life
Does anyone else wonder why on earth Coach all but stopped making the Borough?

Nearly everyone I know who has one loves it, and few stop at one! This bag needed to stay a constant, available in it's many sizes and colors. Like the LV Neverfull, it's a bag for the ages. Yet, today it is available new only in medium and only in a few colors, sometimes just one and I am hearing the quality of the leather took a nosedive.

Don't get me wrong, I like many of the new styles. The Bandit is very functional and there are so many looks and uses in the two in one style. The Edie, a little bit older style in similar and holds a lot due to the clever design.

Somehow, though none match the sophisticated ease to me of the Borough. It's a great business Bag in larger sizes and neutral colors, it's fun and useful both in Teal or Loganberry - or the fun patterns I have seen them in too. I have a black mini that is the only crossbody I will wear as a crossbody as opposed to a long shoulder strap- perfect size and holds and organizes a lot for a small bag.

The Borough was just released in 2014. Coach had other styles on the market for decades. I don't understand the reasoning.

Last edited:
Does anyone else wonder why on earth Coach all but stopped making the Borough?

Nearly everyone I know who has one loves it, and few stop at one! This bag needed to stay a constant, available in it's many sizes and colors. Like the LV Neverfull, it's a bag for the ages. Yet, today it is available new only in medium and only in a few colors, sometimes just one and I am hearing the quality of the leather took a nosedive.

Don't get me wrong, I like many of the new styles. The Bandit is very functional and there are so many looks and uses in the two in one style. The Edie, a little bit older style in similar and holds a lot due to the clever design.

Somehow, though none match the sophisticated ease to me of the Borough. It's a great business Bag in larger sizes and neutral colors, it's fun and useful both in Teal or Loganberry - or the fun patterns I have seen them in too. I have a black mini that is the only crossbody I will wear as a crossbody as opposed to a long shoulder strap- perfect size and holds and organizes a lot for a small bag.

The Borough was just released in 2014. Coach had other styles on the market for decades. I don't understand the reasoning.

I wonder if the Brooklyn was intended to replace the borough?

I wonder if the Brooklyn was intended to replace the borough?
That could well be, it is a similar style for sure, and if you want more of a single compartment feel it may work better for you. To my eye, the Brooklyn does not quite have the style of the Borough. There was a reason women who ordinarily walk around with bags costing thousands bought Boroughs, something in those clean lines and compartments that is special.

That could well be, it is a similar style for sure, and if you want more of a single compartment feel it may work better for you. To my eye, the Brooklyn does not quite have the style of the Borough. There was a reason women who ordinarily walk around with bags costing thousands bought Boroughs, something in those clean lines and compartments that is special.

I agree, the Brooklyn doesn't do it for me

Hello my fellow Borough fans,

I missed out on snagging a camel Borough before the sale ended due to all the craziness going on with my son's surgery. Do you think it is possible that a store can locate one as they're not longer on the website or is my only option now to stalk reseller sites?

Hello my fellow Borough fans,

I missed out on snagging a camel Borough before the sale ended due to all the craziness going on with my son's surgery. Do you think it is possible that a store can locate one as they're not longer on the website or is my only option now to stalk reseller sites?

If you have the style #, an associate would be able to check the inventory for you. Good luck on finding one!

Reactions: greysdulce
I am hunting still and have a question. Do any non-pebbled neutral brown Boroughs (ex. Camel and Tan models) have the light gold hardware or were they all made with silver? I only like the zippered Boroughs. I have googling for example images but it's hard to tell with most so far.

Rejoice! Rejoice! This has been a crappy month but I am closing it out on a high note! I hunted down a MINT tan glove tanned borough-still had the original packing inside, smells wonderfully new and is the perfect season less neutral....AND I found the last oxblood at a local retail store before they had shipped them out. Weeks of stalking paid off bigly! Thanks to everyone that answered all of my newbie questions.

Hey all, I am new to the club but have been reading post and reviews for a while. I am glad to be a part of this group of Borough lovers. I too was a bit disappointed with the Camel Borough. I purchased a beautiful black nappa leather Borough last year when Coach had their annual summer sale but returned it for another handbag. I later saw pictures of the bag and was so mad at myself for returning as I realized that it was just my kind of handbag. Classic and timeless. So you can image how excited I was when I found out that the Borough was making a come back. I purchased the black pebble leather and I liked it for the most part. I then purchased the Camel colored bag, I have to say, I was not impressed, the leather felt fake and it smelled like it had been fumigated with a pesticide. I am in the transportation business, so chances are, the ocean container in which it traveled in was probably fumigated. I think because of the color, the leather looks inferior. I have been contemplating for the past few days on whether or not to return it.. Last night, I rubbed some Coach leather conditioner on the bag and it seemed to have come to life. I may keep it.
MariaLovesCoach: This post and feedback from shillingirl88 led me to keep hunting for a tan glove-tanned Borough as my go-to, all seasons neutral instead of buying a camel pebble during the summer sale. I had my doubts but upon seeing the camel in person at the store I am absolutely more pleased with the richer glove-tanned hue. I am in Borough Nirvana right now. Thanks for sharing so many helpful details. :smile: