Beware currently on eBay...

I was just involved with a purchase on eBay from a new seller, zero feedback. Turned out to be a fraud and I see another bag with an almost identical listing. New bag, low low price, zero sales or feedback. Be careful with any deals that seem to good to be true...
Yuck!
Can you post the seller names so we can avoid? Assume you've reported this to eBay.

Yuck!
Can you post the seller names so we can avoid? Assume you've reported this to eBay.

Names are different on both listings but both bags are less than a year old, the seller has zero background, and the descriptions are succinct, no friendly chatter. Shipping is very similar, most pics aren't stock, they ship worldwide and offer 14 day return. Yup, I reported the second one as soon as I saw it. Both accounts were created on eBay in Feb of this year. This one has 14 watchers :-s..."sellers" are out of the US.

I like to pride myself on spotting the scams right away..........0 feedback on a luxury bag is usually a giveaway.
And yes, I know everyone has to start somewhere with selling but not usually with a luxury item.....they're usually fake bags.
If it's too good to be true............
The one I tried to purchase wasn't fake. I don't think the other one is either. My assumption with the one I tried to purchase was that the listing was too good to be true but I had to try :lol:.

The one I tried to purchase wasn't fake. I don't think the other one is either. My assumption with the one I tried to purchase was that the listing was too good to be true but I had to try :lol:.
they post authentic pics and send a fake bag, if they send one at all. just don't ever buy from a 0-feedback seller selling anything over $5. so glad you didn't get caught :smile:

I was just involved with a purchase on eBay from a new seller, zero feedback. Turned out to be a fraud and I see another bag with an almost identical listing. New bag, low low price, zero sales or feedback. Be careful with any deals that seem to good to be true...

Hi Muchstuff, you're not alone .... 3 of my friends had the same experience as yours. Identical listing but diff seller, took more than 3days before they were able to track shipment and guess what? Shipping originated in HK! They did report the item, one was credited back the amount and one of my friends was able to cancel the transaction. I'm attaching fotos of the fake bag that was sent to my friend. Funny thing is, she won the bid for a Black Mini City but was sent a regular City and it even came with a HK receipt for $29 :confused1:
20170612_225202.png Screenshot_20170612-225319.jpg Screenshot_20170612-225239.jpg

you never know until you get the parcel
i bought a scarf recently, AMcQ skulls, photos were listed of a legit item, obviously stolen from other listings, but what i actually received was a lame fake, I KNOW what to check in scarves, and that Seller had a long history of sales with very high score...
of course, i reported to #bay, and returned the fake thing, finally got my money back a couple of days ago, but return shipping was at my acc :sad:
and the Seller happily re-listed the fake scarf with legit pics.

Reactions: BPC
you never know until you get the parcel
i bought a scarf recently, AMcQ skulls, photos were listed of a legit item, obviously stolen from other listings, but what i actually received was a lame fake, I KNOW what to check in scarves, and that Seller had a long history of sales with very high score...
of course, i reported to #bay, and returned the fake thing, finally got my money back a couple of days ago, but return shipping was at my acc :sad:
and the Seller happily re-listed the fake scarf with legit pics.

I have only 3 alexander Mcqueen skull scarves, all purchased new from their website exactly for that reason, I have no idea what to look for in a fake skull scarf. I saw some listed
here and there for a very good price but was always scared to purchase pre-loved.