Help with Michele bracelet

Feb 13, 2006
Hi,

My mother-in-law gave me a Michele watch last year. It's not my style and has just been sitting there, and I finally got over my guilt about selling it (my husband is supportive). The only thing is - I have small wrists and when she first gave it to me, she looked to see how many links need to be removed, and took it back for them to shorten it.

Now that I want to sell, I realized she never gave me the links they took out. I don't want to ask her about it because don't want her to know I am selling. I can order extra links through Michele, but don't know how many links they originally come with. Mine has 6 links on each side now. How many does the bracelet originally come with?

Thank you!

IMG_0125.JPG IMG_0126.JPG

I have a suggestion. Instead of buying the extra links now, offer the buyer the option of a price discount (along with the information about how to buy links from the store). This way, you can save the trouble and expense in case the watch does not sell.

Better yet, why not ask you MIL for the extra links? Tell her you may need them in the future when your wrist grows bigger.

Reactions: AntiqueShopper
I have a suggestion. Instead of buying the extra links now, offer the buyer the option of a price discount (along with the information about how to buy links from the store). This way, you can save the trouble and expense in case the watch does not sell.

Better yet, why not ask you MIL for the extra links? Tell her you may need them in the future when your wrist grows bigger.

That's a great suggestion to offer it at the discount. I don't feel comfortable asking her for the extra links. She isn't the most organized person (this is an understatement), so even if I ask her, I doubt she would have any idea where they are. I've asked her for things before and it literally takes months of asking and reminders. And she has already asked me why I don't wear the watch so I don't want to bring it up, especially if I will have to keep asking her to look for it.