Carmel got broke into, Again....

Apr 4, 2017
Just heard from my SA that Carmel Boutique got broke into last night, this is the second time within the three years, this time seems the thieves went after EVERYTHING on the floor. Feel bad for the Carmel team and also the artisans who have made these bags...

My first in-store BV purchases were at the Carmel store. I would call Michael and my purchase would arrive the next day. David, Gina & Michael (the SA's I know) are all so welcoming and eager to please. It's very upsetting to think they have to go through this....

Reactions: PleasantBagaholic
I feel so sorry for David and the Carmel team. Hopefully they can track items and "serial numbers" on the secondary market. BV has always been under the radar. Looks like our brand is in great demand now by the bad guys.
I have never been to Carmel before, but according to my SA, there is only BV and Tiffany there, and Tiffany is most likely locked in a safe and it is also prob much more secure. There are so many robberies focused on designer boutique around the country now, i am not a fan of security lock on every bag but it may be a better idea...

I thought LV was next door, but I admit it's been a few years since I've been to the actual boutique.

I sent a note to David last night hoping he and team were OK and that they felt safe soon.
LV is gone from Carmel :sad: . I was at the BV store last August and it was a beautiful store and the SA's so very gracious. I noticed the Tiffany's store there is very heavily gated and locked and wondered why some of the other shops werent.

So disappointing to hear about this; I echo the feelings expressed by all of you. I also feel icky knowing that bad guys are out there with these bags...I don't think they will appreciate them. Theft is such a personally invasive thing. Ugh.

There are at least 2 ebay sellers who have been selling brand new BV bags with super low starting bids. Those bags are the most current styles and colors.

Same background in the pictures. Same listing/writing style. No history of selling designer bags before.
:confused1:

There are at least 2 ebay sellers who have been selling brand new BV bags with super low starting bids. Those bags are the most current styles and colors.

Same background in the pictures. Same listing/writing style. No history of selling designer bags before.
:confused1:
I noticed that. There was a Helios Rete Tote on the bay and I didn't even think that was out yet...
This is one of the reasons I like to know where the bag came from in the AT thread.