Chanel shopping advice needed pls! Is it possible to buy a bag in Chanel for around £1000-£1400?

gilson854

O.G.
Dec 17, 2013
Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask some advice from experienced Chanel shoppers, I wish I was one! So I have a Chanel so black chevron classic flap (medium) and a few necklaces, brooches, earrings but I'm now keen for another bag.

I have a contact at the NBS boutique in London but hoping to visit the Manchester boutique next weekend.

My problem is my funds won't stretch to a £4K classic flap so I'm looking into other options. My budget will be £1000 to £1400 - I was thinking of going into the boutique, letting the SA know my budget and asking them what would be available for me to but within that budget. Though I don't want to be laughed at...

My main question is do you think that would be a waste of time (I.e. I need to save up for longer) or do you think there's a chance I could get a Chanel bag for around that budget? Not sure what I'd like to buy but I'm pretty open to anything as long as it's not too similar to my so black classic flap - so thinking maybe something lighter or colourful.

Thanks so much for your help in advance! [emoji254][emoji8][emoji126]

For a bit more of the range (£1,5k-£1,8k), you can get a WOC. It was cheaper before chanel UK increased their price 3 times last year. If you are eyeing on a particular style of a bag, maybe its best to wait and get the bag that you trully love.

Reactions: lindamirella
For a bit more of the range (£1,5k-£1,8k), you can get a WOC. It was cheaper before chanel UK increased their price 3 times last year. If you are eyeing on a particular style of a bag, maybe its best to wait and get the bag that you trully love.

Thanks starprism - sounds like I've not timed it well with the price increases! [emoji85] I would love a WOC too Xx

Not sure but there may be some seasonal bags that may fit your budget. Or maybe an o case or some other slgs. It's mad when 1400 pounds doesn't get you much in a store!!

Not sure but there may be some seasonal bags that may fit your budget. Or maybe an o case or some other slgs. It's mad when 1400 pounds doesn't get you much in a store!!

Thanks Tuned83 - I know it's a bit nuts! Especially when I know I could get a decent one in LV for that - Chanel seem to be more like Hermes now - which is the ultimate aim but I'm so impatient I end up spending before I save enough [emoji85] Too much beautiful temptation out there! I'm thinking I might need to go into the preloved/vintage market for my next Chanel classic.

Reactions: Kristen J.
Thanks Tuned83 - I know it's a bit nuts! Especially when I know I could get a decent one in LV for that - Chanel seem to be more like Hermes now - which is the ultimate aim but I'm so impatient I end up spending before I save enough
emoji85.png
Too much beautiful temptation out there! I'm thinking I might need to go into the preloved/vintage market for my next Chanel classic.
Thanks Tuned83 - I know it's a bit nuts! Especially when I know I could get a decent one in LV for that - Chanel seem to be more like Hermes now - which is the ultimate aim but I'm so impatient I end up spending before I save enough [emoji85] Too much beautiful temptation out there! I'm thinking I might need to go into the preloved/vintage market for my next Chanel classic.
Hi, Tradsey is the best online store to buy pre-owned Chanel bags hands down!. I bought a Chanel lambskin shoulder bag for $ 479.00 over the weekend. They have many less than $1000.00. You have to watch the website daily to get the best buys.!

Hi, Tradsey is the best online store to buy pre-owned Chanel bags hands down!. I bought a Chanel lambskin shoulder bag for $ 479.00 over the weekend. They have many less than $1000.00. You have to watch the website daily to get the best buys.!
Hi, welcome to the forum!! Is tradesey an American site? The originator of this thread is in the U.K. (Nbs is new Bond Street) and they are looking to spend 1000 British pounds not US dollars (which is a lot more in conversion) however it seems they would like to buy a new item, not preloved ❤️