Pre-Paris Instant Reveal! 9 days and counting until wheels up!

I am SO excited for you and your first trip to Paris!!! I love your new selections and think they will be perfect for you.

Make sure you wear your bag to your front and just always mind it- and you will be fine!

I can't wait to hear all about your adventures- get "lost" in Paris and recharge. It is well- deserved!

One more tip- if you like tea, check out Mariage Frères in the Marais. I always make sure I rest there after shopping or sight seeing. They have a crazy extensive tea selection. Really great to bring back as gifts, as some of the teas are harder to come by outside of France.

And ENJOY the H stores!!! Can't wait to see your reveals!! [emoji173]️
You are just wonderful, for so many reasons, dear csetcos, and I always enjoy reading your posts throughout the H threads! Thank you for your suggestion- I'm so glad you brought it up because I've seen those teas on occasion in the US, but have not yet tried them...what better place to begin than at the source, eh!?!? I definitely want to do afternoon somewhere while I'm there, although I think my first place to visit when I arrive Tuesday pm is the Hemingway Bar at the Ritz Hotel...I've always so wanted to visit it because of the sense of history there... My hotel is on the Rue Cambon so it shouldn't be too far of a walk ... Can you tell I'm excited? LOL I need to calm down!

Reactions: csetcos
I am sooo happy for youuuuu!! And so excited for yr first trip to magical Paris! The weather is perfect at this time of the year so no doubt you'll snap lots of gorgeous pics of this wonderful city! Sending you lots of H fairy dusts and I can't wait to see all yr scores! And Rue Cambon is the perfect base for everything u plan to do/see/eat/shop!!
I have noticed people in subways are watching each other's belongings and will warn u if anything suspicious is going on. Taking a foldable shopper would be great for yr shopping goodies. Especially when you're going high end shopping. Just put everything in a discrete shopper! Not very classy but at least yr goodies will be safe! The metro lines in Paris seems to be overwhelming but you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. Download the Paris subway travel planner! Very handy and it's in English :smile: :smile: :smile:
http://www.ratp.fr/itineraires/en/ratp/recherche-avancee

Reactions: PJW5813
@Hermezzy, I don't think we know each other but I wanted to say how very excited I am for you. I was in Paris for the first time in early January and, notwithstanding that it rained almost every day and was never above freezing, I fell more in love with the city than I expected I would. Your pre-trip shopping is awesome ... great colors, beauty and utility. I hope you are equally successful in your Paris shopping.

If you have time and inclination, there is a two-hour food tour that I really enjoyed. It is offered through Paris-By-Mouth and the guide is an American gal named Sarah who has lived in Paris for some years now. She is knowledgeable and charming and the tours are very small ... four to six people. I stayed in Saint Germain and did the tour of my neighborhood. Here is the link: https://parisbymouth.com/taste-of-saint-germain-2/ Sarah also does the Marais and maybe one other tour. If you go, please tell Sarah that Jan sent you.
Also located in Saint Germain are Pierre Herme and Cire Trudon.

On a completely different note, here is a recent and entertaining review for Le Cinq: https://amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/apr/09/le-cinq-paris-restaurant-review-jay-rayner

Have a safe and lovely time!

Hi everyone! 9 days and counting until I board the plane for my first trip to Paris! In order to get in the spirit of the trip, here are 3 new arrivals designed to make the vacation more enjoyable: a bearn tri-fold wallet in blue atoll/gold HW, an Ulysse notebook in bleu electrique togo, and an Alfred messenger bag in black clemence! The bearn has great capacity (and I've always wanted a piece in blue atoll, a color I adore), the notebook will be good for mid-afternoon ruminations whilst at an outdoor coffee shop or cafe, and the Alfred...well, I was stunned (in a good way) at how compact it is! The capacity is great but it is "just enough". It'll fit perfectly under the seat in front of me on the plane and, as it is a messenger style, won't be unwieldy under my arm/body...and ofc, the clemence is just so soft and exquisite to the touch... My custom Divide and Conquer bag organizer is due to arrive Monday and that'll give the Alfred some helpful structure (and more storage pockets for me!). :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Hermezzy
@Hermezzy, I don't think we know each other but I wanted to say how very excited I am for you. I was in Paris for the first time in early January and, notwithstanding that it rained almost every day and was never above freezing, I fell more in love with the city than I expected I would. Your pre-trip shopping is awesome ... great colors, beauty and utility. I hope you are equally successful in your Paris shopping.

If you have time and inclination, there is a two-hour food tour that I really enjoyed. It is offered through Paris-By-Mouth and the guide is an American gal named Sarah who has lived in Paris for some years now. She is knowledgeable and charming and the tours are very small ... four to six people. I stayed in Saint Germain and did the tour of my neighborhood. Here is the link: https://parisbymouth.com/taste-of-saint-germain-2/ Sarah also does the Marais and maybe one other tour. If you go, please tell Sarah that Jan sent you.
Also located in Saint Germain are Pierre Herme and Cire Trudon.

On a completely different note, here is a recent and entertaining review for Le Cinq: https://amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/apr/09/le-cinq-paris-restaurant-review-jay-rayner

Have a safe and lovely time!
Thank you so much for the help and lovely suggestions! :smile:

Reactions: sdsurfchick
I am SO excited for you and your first trip to Paris!!! I love your new selections and think they will be perfect for you.

One more tip- if you like tea, check out Mariage Frères in the Marais. I always make sure I rest there after shopping or sight seeing. They have a crazy extensive tea selection. Really great to bring back as gifts, as some of the teas are harder to come by outside of France.

And ENJOY the H stores!!! Can't wait to see your reveals!! [emoji173]️

You are just wonderful, for so many reasons, dear csetcos, and I always enjoy reading your posts throughout the H threads! Thank you for your suggestion- I'm so glad you brought it up because I've seen those teas on occasion in the US, but have not yet tried them...what better place to begin than at the source, eh!?!? I definitely want to do afternoon somewhere while I'm there, although I think my first place to visit when I arrive Tuesday pm is the Hemingway Bar at the Ritz Hotel...I've always so wanted to visit it because of the sense of history there... My hotel is on the Rue Cambon so it shouldn't be too far of a walk ... Can you tell I'm excited? LOL I need to calm down!

YES!!! Mariage Frères - I always fill up my suitcase. There is an MF concession at CdG but they don't have all the best teas. I'll PM you about teas but that's a stop I always make that I neglected in my "tourist guide" lol!
Remember - if it rains, go to Sevres and Bon Marche, nicely contained and tons of shopping without being outside :heart:

YES!!! Mariage Frères - I always fill up my suitcase. There is an MF concession at CdG but they don't have all the best teas. I'll PM you about teas but that's a stop I always make that I neglected in my "tourist guide" lol!
Remember - if it rains, go to Sevres and Bon Marche, nicely contained and tons of shopping without being outside :heart:
So I keep checking the weather reports, and the closer I get to the trip the better the forecast! Earlier today there was no rain forecast at all when I'm there next week...let's hope that holds!

Tonight I spent 2 hrs looking up maps of all the stores on RSH, FSH, Av Montaigne, Champs-Elysees, RdSevres, etc to sketch out my days and which stores I want to hit. There are so many it's a bit overwhelming, lol Needless to say, I just won't have enough time to visit all of the amazing places my phenomenal tpf community has suggested to me, but I'm going to do my best. I do know that the first night I'm there I want to walk over to the Bar Hemingway at the Ritz Hotel for a cocktail or two...I can't think of a better way to begin the trip! :smile:

I think Thurs will be my Sevres/Bon Marche day- I notice they are open later in the evening on Thurs and Fri...the store looks so amazing I have no doubt I'll wind up there for many hours, sauntering and such... My problem is that I MUST try everything on before purchasing, so it is SO easy for me to spend 90-120 min in even one boutique because it has to be just right before I'll buy. At this point, it has to be either H or "I can't live without it" or else it runs the risk of sitting in a closet, unused, until it gets taken to Goodwill or sold off at a big loss...

My dear Hermezzy,

I wish you a delightful Parisian experience with plentiful slgs! I look forward to seeing your reveals and reading about your impressions.

I wish you a safe trip and may the H be with you! [emoji632] [emoji521]

So I keep checking the weather reports, and the closer I get to the trip the better the forecast! Earlier today there was no rain forecast at all when I'm there next week...let's hope that holds!

Tonight I spent 2 hrs looking up maps of all the stores on RSH, FSH, Av Montaigne, Champs-Elysees, RdSevres, etc to sketch out my days and which stores I want to hit. There are so many it's a bit overwhelming, lol Needless to say, I just won't have enough time to visit all of the amazing places my phenomenal tpf community has suggested to me, but I'm going to do my best. I do know that the first night I'm there I want to walk over to the Bar Hemingway at the Ritz Hotel for a cocktail or two...I can't think of a better way to begin the trip! :smile:

I think Thurs will be my Sevres/Bon Marche day- I notice they are open later in the evening on Thurs and Fri...the store looks so amazing I have no doubt I'll wind up there for many hours, sauntering and such... My problem is that I MUST try everything on before purchasing, so it is SO easy for me to spend 90-120 min in even one boutique because it has to be just right before I'll buy. At this point, it has to be either H or "I can't live without it" or else it runs the risk of sitting in a closet, unused, until it gets taken to Goodwill or sold off at a big loss...

Yes you must go to the Ritz's Bar Hemingway and get a drink from Colin or Roman :heart:

I do exactly the same at Bon Marche, go on the late night openings. You can spend a whole day but fortunately they have restaurants!

Remember....there is nothing wrong with just walking in Paris and absorbing it....don't try to hit every single place, just enjoy. You will be back :P I am so happy for you my friend!

My dear Hermezzy,

I wish you a delightful Parisian experience with plentiful slgs! I look forward to seeing your reveals and reading about your impressions.

I wish you a safe trip and may the H be with you! [emoji632] [emoji521]
You are a dear and I so appreciate the kind words! I need this trip so very badly...I have a feeling it will recharge my soul like nothing else. It is my first solo international trip...I have a feeling it'll be liberating!

Getting close!! [emoji574]️[emoji632][emoji521]

You'll have a great time no matter the weather, trust me. We have been to Paris and experienced amazing, sunny weather. We have also experienced rain and honestly the city does have a certain magic in the rain - it almost truly sparkles.

Make sure your entire trip isn't planned with a strict itinerary. Take time to wander and walk the streets. There are so many little shops and street vendors and food stands to take in that are worth just as much as scoring at H or any other high end experience.

Looking forward to stories and pictures, doll! [emoji177]

You are such a dear and I always love seeing you comment on tPF, Danny- thank you for your kind words and sentiment! H is obviously a priority whilst in Paris (I intend to visit all 3 stores), but I'm actually equally excited to visit the Saint Laurent, Lanvin, Givenchy, Chanel, and Vuitton flagships....french clothing fits me so much better than any other kind- it tends to be more fitted and less baggy...

I'm on a serious sunnies and sneaks obsession right now, so I anticipate adding at least one more to each of those categories while over there. Thank heaven for our lovely Quelle Frommage- she made the excellent suggestion of mailing home the various articles that are obviously my own (socks, underwear, shoes) to make room in my luggage for purchases... otherwise, with weight restrictions and such, I wouldn't have much room to buy anything! LOL

Yes!! So many amazing fashion houses to visit in Paris. I will be scouring the other subforums to see what clothing you pick up ;)

Mailing home your own clothing to make room for purchases is so clever, I never thought about that!! Definitely a good tip. And I think you will be needing a lot of space for the shopping you will do :giggle::graucho:

You are a dear and I so appreciate the kind words! I need this trip so very badly...I have a feeling it will recharge my soul like nothing else. It is my first solo international trip...I have a feeling it'll be liberating!

Congrats on your first solo international trip![emoji322] I loved going to Paris solo! So many times I didn't even shop--I just walked and went to museums and took in the essence of Paris. I was there last summer with my daughter (as a stop on our round the world trip) and did the same--minimal shopping, and just enjoying the culture. We are returning in June for more of the same! I love H but it is in no way the be all and end all for me when I am in Paris.

Yes!! So many amazing fashion houses to visit in Paris. I will be scouring the other subforums to see what clothing you pick up ;)

Mailing home your own clothing to make room for purchases is so clever, I never thought about that!! Definitely a good tip. And I think you will be needing a lot of space for the shopping you will do :giggle::graucho:
OH YEAH! LOL....I think things are going to get a little crazy....hehe