In the search for the The Perfect White Shirt

mytnguyen26

Nov 12, 2013
This is always an issue for me!

I'm petite, 4ft11 in height, and my arm is quite shorter in length. So, when I have been desperately looking for the perfect white shirt that is:

a. Good quality. That means 100% cotton, doesn't wrinkle as much, doesn't require tons of ironing (I can't bring the steamer with me all the time can I), soft to the touch, classic fit, and can be dress up or down

b. Most important. Fit me! especially at the sleeve

I looked at a few brands that I'm frequent, and none really fits both criteria. For example:

Theory: LOVE LOVE LOVE the fabric, but the sleeves are tooo long. Actually, I can't really buy anything long sleeves or pants at their brand....just not for someone my height
Equipment: same issue
Vince: Same issue, a bit loose at the shoulder
Ann Taylor/ Banana/Jcrew: These brands have petite size, which is better in fit. But the quality just isn't there. Especially my Jcrew shirt, it wrinkles as if someone run over it, back and forth, no matter how I iron it

So I look for your help here...Petite fellows out there, where do you shop for your white shirt?

Oh, my budget is less than 250$

I'm petite, 4ft11 in height, and my arm is quite shorter in length. So, when I have been desperately looking for the perfect white shirt that is:

a. Good quality. That means 100% cotton, doesn't wrinkle as much, doesn't require tons of ironing (I can't bring the steamer with me all the time can I), soft to the touch, classic fit, and can be dress up or down

I looked at a few brands that I'm frequent, and none really fits both criteria. For example:

Theory: LOVE LOVE LOVE the fabric, but the sleeves are tooo long. Actually, I can't really buy anything long sleeves or pants at their brand....just not for someone my height
Ann Taylor/ Banana/Jcrew: These brands have petite size, which is better in fit. But the quality just isn't there. Especially my Jcrew shirt, it wrinkles as if someone run over it, back and forth, no matter how I iron it

So I look for your help here...Petite fellows out there, where do you shop for your white shirt?

With that budget, go custom.

I am 5'3" and I recommend Everlane . I have their slim stretch poplin shirt in white. Sleeves are slim and perfect (and I always have a problem with long sleeves). $55. Much better quality than J. Crew.
I don't like spending a lot on white shirts. Eventually they all get armpit stains or get dingy.

Also have you tried Brooks Brothers cotton shirts? I had one that fit great and lasted a long time. Good luck!

Reactions: mytnguyen26
Can you recommend a good tailor/shop. I live in Fairfield CT, so I can go to NY
I understand https://www.alandavid.com/custom-shirts-for-women/ is good and I'm thinking of trying them for a suit as well
http://www.moi-meme.com/collection/shirts/
https://www.tomjames.com/contact/get-started.aspx

I am also shorter with short arms but I wear men's shirts and hit Brooks brothers, Pink and now there's https://www.petermanningnyc.com/ which caters to short men.

I would search for an "Anne Fontaine" boutique in your area

Reactions: wisconsin