Nomad Club - Pics and Chat

That's a big bummer, sorry to hear about that :sad:

Haha, my "Loser Aubergine" debacle has taken on a life of its own around here, so when I see a brand new photo (like yours), it pushes my buttons -- (but only because I let it, no fault of the person posting it). It's not even a pricey bag, but it's the principal -- the drill down pic is nowhere near the IRL color, so I'm still pouting, so to speak...I can be a big baby :giggle:.

I'm truly happy that yours worked out!

Reactions: couchette
I don't have any purple bags, I have a couple of wallets and other accessories in that color but no bags. I like the darker purple (grape or plum) more than the neon shades. Maybe that's a hole in my purse wardrobe that I need to fill!

I suspect you might like the Marine color (see Chihua's Willis pic, above). Not neon-ish at all -- rather conservative, overall.

I suspect you might like the Marine color (see Chihua's Willis pic, above). Not neon-ish at all -- rather conservative, overall.

I actually bought a marine and chalk bag and wristlet at great prices some time ago, but I decided that the chalk was impractical and I returned them - but they were beautiful so perhaps I made a mistake! See the link below:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/spring-is-coming-and-im-ready-for-it-reveal.856637/

As you will see, the purple color in the coach drill-down picture is quite different from real life, but they are both beautiful.

Reactions: K.E.W.
I actually bought a marine and chalk bag and wristlet at great prices some time ago, but I decided that the chalk was impractical and I returned them - but they were beautiful so perhaps I made a mistake! See the link below:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/spring-is-coming-and-im-ready-for-it-reveal.856637/

As you will see, the purple color in the coach drill-down picture is quite different from real life, but they are both beautiful.

Just saw it -- Omg, you returned that beauty??? :faint:

I'll write more after I pick myself up off the floor, haha....(no, it's dinnertime).

Reactions: katev
I actually bought a marine and chalk bag and wristlet at great prices some time ago, but I decided that the chalk was impractical and I returned them - but they were beautiful so perhaps I made a mistake! See the link below: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/spring-is-coming-and-im-ready-for-it-reveal.856637/

Just saw it -- Omg, you returned that beauty??? :faint: I'll write more after I pick myself up off the floor, haha....(no, it's dinnertime).

I know! What was I thinking?!

I just posted my favorite purple accessory in the purple clubhouse:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/color-clubhouse-purples.814589/page-19#post-31190024

Last edited:
Chihuahua, lighting does make a difference, but a while back I posted my Aubergine Nomad sitting right next to my Marine (same shade as your Willis) Legacy Rory Satchel, and with both being under identical light there was a major contrast in color. Of course, Coach's drilldown version may have been photographed under Klieg lights, but it misrepresents the true color under non extreme lights.
Yes I remember the pic. Maybe you're on to something about different batches of leather taking the color dye differently. My sister had also bought (I think it was the duffle) in the same Marine color but when she put it next to my Willis, hers looked brighter and I remember thinking I had a flawed Willis but I loved the purple/blackish color so I held on to it.

Yes I remember the pic. Maybe you're on to something about different batches of leather taking the color dye differently. My sister had also bought (I think it was the duffle) in the same Marine color but when she put it next to my Willis, hers looked brighter and I remember thinking I had a flawed Willis but I loved the purple/blackish color so I held on to it.

That's interesting, that your sister's Marine Duffle looked a tad different than your Marine Willis -- so maybe I AM on to something, lol.

Oh my goodness! I think someone else mentioned they had a few Nomads. I have downsized my overall collection of Coach handbags. Is it weird if I nearly 40% (I really don't have that many!) of my Coach collection are Nomads? And I have 3 saddle colored handbags? I feel it seems like too many in the same style but not sure there are any I can give up. It is so classic!

Plus, I purchased them all for $200 or less which means 60% off which is awesome and should make me feel better right? ;)