The curse of the Pochette Métis

Thanks! The Retiro is gorgeous, but it's bigger than what I need now and it's a bit on the heavier side... and it comes with such a thin strap! If it had a wider strap, I guess the weight wouldn't be much of a problem... I had a Raisin one and ended up not keeping it.
See that's funny! I finally decided to get the bag and keep it...I'm purchasing a bigger strap from Mautto. No, I definitely don't feel I should be buying a bigger strap since the Retiro is pretty much between the Speedy 30-35 in size, but I love the no vachetta!

I don't think she measured it, but even if the distance was ok, the placement of the hardware was quite off. I can understand how this could be a turnoff, especially after two bags with defective canvas.
Well in the end it worked out so hopefully LV will regroup their manufacturing of the PMs to deliver a quality product.

See that's funny! I finally decided to get the bag and keep it...I'm purchasing a bigger strap from Mautto. No, I definitely don't feel I should be buying a bigger strap since the Retiro is pretty much between the Speedy 30-35 in size, but I love the no vachetta!
Unfortunately Mautto doesn't ship to Brazil. :sad: And I don't want to buy one of LV's removable straps to use just on one bag... I love the bleu ciel Retiro, but I'd have to be content with the strap it already comes with and I don't see that happening :/

We're all here to learn from each other and be kind to each other... that's what the forum and this world are all about [emoji289][emoji175][emoji162]
You're the sweetest!

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Oh no not you as well :sad:. We both going back to the store today too. I'm sending you good vibes too. Hope you get a nice SA. Ugh...you know I put up with a fair few impfections and flaws on my bag. I thought i was winning my battle against it as they were more cosmetic than on the defective side. A 6 months ago me would have rejected my bag because of them. Now with my canvas slightly cracking I'm like thinking , my limits are being severely tested here in trying to keep level headed and calm about it. I can see why ladies here get soooo darn frustrated with this bag that's for sure.
Good luck from over the pond
Missy x

I'm sorry. You seem to have exceptionally bad luck with LV - I think I would have given up on the brand completely!

Sonmi999, I am very sorry for your misfortune. I hope this gets resolved. $2K is quite a bit to spend and have a product that has stitching issues so bad that it renders 1/3 the bag useless. You cannot put anything in that pocket, the canvas will tear,... not to mention it does look bad.

As for the quote-
I reeeeeeeeeeally like handbags! In my dream home, I'd have one of those walk-in closets with walls of handbags behind glass.
But, I must admit, the quality stories, potential design flaws I notice in the newer bags and seeing the quantity of bags in some members' arsenals have opened my eyes.
I don't want to worry about sealant and glaze issues. I don't want to wonder if my bag is going to age prematurely. I don't need 20 bags.
I have taken a break from buying and live vicariously through tpf shoppers.
I find the latest seasons' bag designs aesthetically pleasing, but I have given up on LV.
At first, it was difficult to put myself on "Ban Island" (not for overbuying). I have to say, the extra thousands in the bank/stock market has made it worth it!

Wishing you the best!

We're all here to learn from each other and be kind to each other... that's what the forum and this world are all about [emoji289][emoji175][emoji162]

:hugs:To You!
I realize members can be passionate, and like to provide opinions and give advice, but I must admit some comments on your post were very harsh and I feel, uncalled-for.
I appreciate your call for humanity and empathy! That seems to be lacking in this technological day and age.
Bravo!

But, I must admit, the quality stories, potential design flaws I notice in the newer bags and seeing the quantity of bags in some members' arsenals have opened my eyes.
I don't want to worry about sealant and glaze issues. I don't want to wonder if my bag is going to age prematurely. I don't need 20 bags.
I have taken a break from buying and live vicariously through tpf shoppers.

I truly wouldn't let TPF experiences put you off of LV.

I've been with the brand since around 2004 - I own many pieces, and have only had 2 small issues, both of which were resolved (one was a MC cosmetic case that arrived with the screenprint incomplete, the other was my DE Neverfull interior that 'bled').

I think the expectation of cost = quality is a bit misguided. These are mass-produced items, for the most part, and quality is reflected as such. While I think cost should equal quality, I'm realistic and know that your LV dollars are going more towards marketing than your actual product materials. I don't think anyone should keep anything they're unhappy with, but for anyone to have 90% of their bags with 'major flaws,' well, I think that's highly unusual. Some items, like the Infrarouge PM, seemed doomed from TPF posts, but my store hasn't seen a single complaint about them. I think you're much more likely to hear from the unhappy folks than the ones who buy their bags and move on.
(These are all just my opinions and I know not all will agree :smile:)

I hope they come to a resolution for you about this bag. It appears that you have had many problems with different versions. That is disappointing to hear.

My friend has the mono version and I think she's had it now for about 6 months. I inspected her's up close and I did not see any flaws yet. She also got the Empreinte PM but it's too soon to tell yet if she has any problems with that bag. I have been interested in purchasing the mono version too, but am a little bit worried about the quality issues.

It's true, for the money that we spend on these bags they should not start falling apart within weeks or months of owning it. That's just poor craftsmanship. I think we stay loyal to LV because we love the brand and hope that these quality issues will dissipate. And obviously, we all love handbags on this forum and it's disheartening to have to return time and time again to LV for quality issues. GL and I hope that you do not have to endure the curse of the PM any longer!

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I am so sorry about this. I feel you girl... I got ripped quite a bit in my PM post for being "too picky", but I don't agree one bit. $2000 is nothing to sneeze at and I think it's fair to expect it to be in amazing condition when you buy it and for a LONG time after.

I have been collecting Louis for over 25 years and the quality is def not what it used to be. I still love the fashion house, but rushing the quality on the new styles is disappointing.

I hope your SA is helpful and makes this easy for you. When you work hard for your $ and decide to spend it on a bag, it can be quite emotional.

Sending lots of positive energy your way.
[emoji162][emoji304]

I honestly dont think you were being picky. I would have probably been even more scrutinizing, given the price point and the reputation of the brand. The lock thing would have bothered me too. Those imperfections could bother a ton in the long run and defects obviously ruin the bag.

My sa is supposed to locate a reverse for me this wk and im hoping it does not have a curse as well!!

Reactions: sayakayumi
I am so sorry about this. I feel you girl... I got ripped quite a bit in my PM post for being "too picky", but I don't agree one bit. $2000 is nothing to sneeze at and I think it's fair to expect it to be in amazing condition when you buy it and for a LONG time after.

I have been collecting Louis for over 25 years and the quality is def not what it used to be. I still love the fashion house, but rushing the quality on the new styles is disappointing.

I hope your SA is helpful and makes this easy for you. When you work hard for your $ and decide to spend it on a bag, it can be quite emotional.

Sending lots of positive energy your way.
[emoji162][emoji304]

I agree that you did receive some harsh criticism. I think we all forget the actual price we pay for the bags and I think it is ok to want perfection in something at that price point.

The popularity of the PM might be too much for LV to handle as we all can see by the constant quality concerns. My husband has had the same LV wallet for about 20 years and the canvas is still in perfect condition. Yes the interior is pretty beat up after constant use. But it does shock me when I read about the current generation of bags with cracking or peeling canvas. Additionally, I have read that others also had crooked or off-center s-locks with the PM (just like yours). I believe it has been beneficial to bring forth these concerns to LV to reduce these flaws that keep occurring over and over. I know these experiences haven't been pleasant for you or Sonmi999, but maybe something will start improving with production quality going forth.