Pls suggest a bag: Light small messenger with shoulder strap

ineedbags

O.G.
Jan 27, 2008
Hi all,

I've been looking for a small bag just to carry essentials (passport, kindle, wallet, phone) when travelling. I'm looking to have it as the essential bag I always have on me, but I'd also carry another bigger shoulder bag. I just can't find something that fits what I'm looking for. These are my criteria:
- Cross body wear, but with shoulder strap/ handles so I can switch it to my shoulder
- Light (no metal chains to weigh down)
- Small: To fit passport, wallet, phone, kindle, assorted small items
- Casual chic
- Budget $3000

The bags that I have been mulling over but rejected because they don't fit all my criteria are:
Louis Vuitton Twice/Twinset (No handle) , Bottega Veneta Pillow (No handle) , Balenciaga Hip (No handle) , Chanel Boy (too heavy no handle)

Any suggestions would be welcome!! Thanks much!!

Hello! This bag is on the cheaper spectrum but it's a personal favourite. There are metal chains, however I haven't found them to be extremely heavy or cumbersome. It's the Tory Burch Fleming shoulder bag. It comes in different sizes so you can see which size you need :smile:

IMG_1489291715.645819.jpg

IMG_1489291727.363873.jpg

Hello! This bag is on the cheaper spectrum but it's a personal favourite. There are metal chains, however I haven't found them to be extremely heavy or cumbersome. It's the Tory Burch Fleming shoulder bag. It comes in different sizes so you can see which size you need :smile:

View attachment 3630873

View attachment 3630874

Balenciaga Small City, comes in various colors and hardware options
https://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/...iaga/classic-city-small-textured-leather-tote

Thanks both for great suggestions!!! Will have a closer look - maybe go down to try them next weekend.

Any other suggestions very much welcome!

Celine Medium Box, in liege leather if possible. The classic will scratch more, but I personally don't mind scratches. It retails for more than $3K, but you can find it for around your price point. You could also hunt for a Fendi 3Baguette. I don't think it is in stores anymore, but it can be found. A Marni Trunk may be larger than what you're looking for, but it also meets your criteria. Ditto the Celine Blade (but it's not the lightest).

Let us know what you choose!

Balenciaga Mute bag
Lightweight
Long strap + handles
Front pocket
Various options with different hardware and/or tassels
Different sizes
Below/around 2000$

Attachments

• proxy.jpg
    proxy.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 332
  • downloadfile-7.jpg
    downloadfile-7.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 312
  • downloadfile-8.jpg
    downloadfile-8.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 320
Carolina Herrera Small Baret bag, but you'd have to add your own crossbody strap. It does come with a shoulder and top handles!
IMG_1489465921.166945.jpg
If you want to go even smaller and slimmer, there's the Carolina Herrera Camelot bag, which also comes with a top handle and shoulder strap.
IMG_1489465992.557912.jpg
I think it would be easy to find a matching strap, either a designer one or a simple one from Mautto!
I love these kinds of threads. If I knew how to become a personal shopper, I would so do that [emoji23]