Suede for summer?

Butterlite

Art Is Everywhere
O.G.
Jan 10, 2009
Hi all,
I'm new to the PS forum. Yesterday I ran into the most beautiful PS1 in a gorgeous blue-ish, teal-ish suede. I don't remember what size it was, I'm guessing a medium. It wasn't too big, nor too small. The bag was so lovely, but I'm wondering if suede is appropriate for summer? What do you think? My first impression was that it was really a fall/winter bag because of the color and material.

Hi all,
I'm new to the PS forum. Yesterday I ran into the most beautiful PS1 in a gorgeous blue-ish, teal-ish suede. I don't remember what size it was, I'm guessing a medium. It wasn't too big, nor too small. The bag was so lovely, but I'm wondering if suede is appropriate for summer? What do you think? My first impression was that it was really a fall/winter bag because of the color and material.

No one seems to be chiming here, so I will. Traditionally, suede was a winter fabric, but then again you could not wear white after Labor Day or before Easter :smile:. Times have changed. Wear what you want when you want. I don't have a suede bag but if I did and wanted to carry it at any time of year I would. But you are probably young and I am not. I no longer have to abide by any rules that do not suit me. Viva la old age.
Hugs

Hi all,

Why not?? If the color & style suit you, I say go for it.
The color sounds beautiful & wearable & you can carry it into fall as well

Reactions: Butterlite
I have a tobacco suede PS1 and I use it year round.

I live in California so the weather is fairly mild so it's not a big deal.

:P

Do you find suede hard to care for? I've seen a couple suede ps1s for sale on eBay that look absolutely horrible. I know there are suede sprays you can try and suede cleaning kits, but do you worry about getting caught in a rain shower? Color transfer? Everyday grim and scuffs?