Authenticate This DOONEY & BOURKE

Please post authenticity questions related to DOONEY & BOURKE in this thread.

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about DOONEY & BOURKE; please refer to our Handbags & Purses forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:
If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and should not be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

AFAIK, Dooney doesn't specifically make MFF items. Some of the items sold "only" at the outlet can often be retail items but irregulars or seconds. There might be snags, broken stitches or on IT items, color transfer or colors that ran.

But from what I've seen, 90% of items (even marked as irregular) are perfect.

Also keep in mind that unlike Coach, Kate Spade, Burberry and many other designers, Dooney doesn't have their own full-priced mall stores. They only sell online (at dooney.com) and at their outlets. If you need full-priced Dooney, you either buy from Macy's, Nordstrom, department stores or their website.

They have full price retail stores in Vegas, Texas and Costa Mesa, CA.
I have been to the one in Vegas.

Can someone please authenticate this bag please, got it a yard sale near my house.

Attachments

• IMG_5154.JPG
    IMG_5154.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_5155.JPG
    IMG_5155.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_5158.JPG
    IMG_5158.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_5161.JPG
    IMG_5161.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_5159.JPG
    IMG_5159.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_5162.JPG
    IMG_5162.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_5157.JPG
    IMG_5157.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 165
Is this a Vintage Dooney Alto Short Zip Zip Satchel or an imposter? It has a tag starting with I1 followed by a space and then six other numbers (which is consistent with Italian origin, teal blue lining(?), one zip pocket inside, and a leather tag "made in Italy" (appears authentic). The hardware and Zippers are however in silvertone, not sure if Dooney ever used silvertone hardware. The little lock is in silvertone as well, no name...I am not familiar with Alto line that much, but what I have seen on ebay, that newer bags have light brass hardware and red lining. Although some vintage Alto bags had a teal-blue lining. I am confused...Thanks if anyone can help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dooney-amp-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Is this a Vintage Dooney Alto Short Zip Zip Satchel or an imposter? It has a tag starting with I1 followed by a space and then six other numbers (which is consistent with Italian origin, teal blue lining(?), one zip pocket inside, and a leather tag "made in Italy" (appears authentic). The hardware and Zippers are however in silvertone, not sure if Dooney ever used silvertone hardware. The little lock is in silvertone as well, no name...I am not familiar with Alto line that much, but what I have seen on ebay, that newer bags have light brass hardware and red lining. Although some vintage Alto bags had a teal-blue lining. I am confused...Thanks if anyone can help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dooney-amp-Bourke-/122322177926?nma=true&si=gB0LeC8kS1ps%2BkHKSWhs3Bb5tCw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
I don't see anything that would indicate on-authetnicity but there isn't a picture of the red, white and blue tag (both sides) which would confirm authenticity.

Are you the buyer? Have you already received the bag? I'd like to see both sides of the tag.

ETA: I see that the buyer left a negative feedback for the seller. If you're the buyer, what happened? if you're the seller, you can get that feedback removed because it's disallowed for a feedback to refer to filing a case.

I don't see anything that would indicate on-authetnicity but there isn't a picture of the red, white and blue tag (both sides) which would confirm authenticity.

Are you the buyer? Have you already received the bag? I'd like to see both sides of the tag.

ETA: I see that the buyer left a negative feedback for the seller. If you're the buyer, what happened? if you're the seller, you can get that feedback removed because it's disallowed for a feedback to refer to filing a case.

I am not the buyer or seller of this bag. I won a different Satchel for more money from this Seller and was sent this one by seller's "mistake"? or so she claims (the person who left negative feedback never received it, and that is how I found the link). I am suspicious of the seller and asked her to send the correct item before I send this one back, and, in case she doesn't and I have to keep this one instead, I want to make sure it is an Authentic Alto Dooney and I didn't get ripped off (I paid more than the person who never received it). I sent a reply to all from my phone early, but I don't see it here. Hope I am doing it right. Thank you so much to everyone in advance!
Alto10.jpg Alto4.jpg Alto7.jpg Alto2.jpg Alto3.jpg Alto5.jpg Alto6.jpg Alto8.jpg Alto9.jpg So here are my pictures again:Alto10.jpg Alto4.jpg