One heartbreak after another ...

A88ey_ann

O.G.
Sep 2, 2011
We lost one of our dynamic duo - our beloved German Shepherd boy to degenerative myelopathy last November, two months before his 13th birthday. Almost four months down the line, looks like we are about to lose our other baby boy- our beloved 13-year old chocolate lab to DM. We are beyond heartbroken...

OMG I was just coming here to post on my thread about the exact same thing. I think I could have written your post nearly word for word and I'm soooo sorry! I just don't have the words myself since Im going through the same thing.

I just lost my golden boy a week and a half ago (also 1 month prior to his 13year old birthday) from DM as well and just this morning I had to put down my golden girl (14 1/2) due to old age. She had just severely deteriorated over the last few days and I had to let her go so she wouldn't suffer any longer. I totally get where you are coming from and being heartbroken. I wish I could tell you it gets easier but its still too early for me as well and at this point Im still not exactly sure how Im getting through each day. I feel like I'm on auto pilot and my life has just been turned upside down.

I can only hope for the both of us that it does get easier and you can find some sort of peace that at least they are not/ will not be miserable any longer and are able to run free again without any aches, pains or difficulty getting around at the rainbow bridge. Even though it was hard to understand at first, particularly the first few days I now do believe they are with us and I believe I have received "gifts" from my boy recently. Please do at least know that there are others right here with you and hope you don't feel so alone. Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to that is grieving right along with you.

Huge virtual hugs to you and your babies!

I'm so sorry guys, I can't imagine. Just thinking about losing one of mine, brings me to tears.

OMG I was just coming here to post on my thread about the exact same thing. I think I could have written your post nearly word for word and I'm soooo sorry! I just don't have the words myself since Im going through the same thing.

I just lost my golden boy a week and a half ago (also 1 month prior to his 13year old birthday) from DM as well and just this morning I had to put down my golden girl (14 1/2) due to old age. She had just severely deteriorated over the last few days and I had to let her go so she wouldn't suffer any longer. I totally get where you are coming from and being heartbroken. I wish I could tell you it gets easier but its still too early for me as well and at this point Im still not exactly sure how Im getting through each day. I feel like I'm on auto pilot and my life has just been turned upside down.

I can only hope for the both of us that it does get easier and you can find some sort of peace that at least they are not/ will not be miserable any longer and are able to run free again without any aches, pains or difficulty getting around at the rainbow bridge. Even though it was hard to understand at first, particularly the first few days I now do believe they are with us and I believe I have received "gifts" from my boy recently. Please do at least know that there are others right here with you and hope you don't feel so alone. Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to that is grieving right along with you.

Huge virtual hugs to you and your babies!

I'm so very sorry floridasun. My heart breaks for you. There are no words to express the grief and the sudden emptiness left behind by our beautiful babies. If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me. Thank you for your comforting words. xx

I'm sorry for your loss a88ey_ann. It's always hard to loose a fur baby. Knowing that your remaining fur baby is also in bad shape and dosen't seem to have much time left makes it even harder. *hugs* it will take time just be kind to yourself everyone greaves at a different pace. It's ok to be sad and cry. Just know that they will be together again and be happy to have each other for company.

I'm sorry for your loss a88ey_ann. It's always hard to loose a fur baby. Knowing that your remaining fur baby is also in bad shape and dosen't seem to have much time left makes it even harder. *hugs* it will take time just be kind to yourself everyone greaves at a different pace. It's ok to be sad and cry. Just know that they will be together again and be happy to have each other for company.

Thank you for your kind words pixiejenna. We lost our dear boy today. We are heartbroken beyond words....

Thank you for your kind words pixiejenna. We lost our dear boy today. We are heartbroken beyond words....

Oh A88ey_ann I'm so sorry! :sad: My heart breaks for you! DM is such an evil disease to just have to watch their bodies wither away while their minds are still fresh and bright. I have no idea why the disease is so much more prominent and rampant now compared to many years ago.

I hope you can find some peace in the fact that they are in a better place now with a fully healed body. I know its hard.

I'm not sure what else I can say to you because I totally understand the heartbreak and devastation, but please know that there are others here as well thinking about you. Huge virtual hugs!

Oh, I am so sorry to read this. It's heartbreaking, I know - but even more so when the losses are close together.
Sending you big {{{hugs}}}.
Play hard up at the Bridge, little men ❤️