Chanel So Black Boy Bag Reveal and Comparison to Chanel So Black Chevron Classic

luxfun

Mar 20, 2016
Just picked up this baby on Saturday! February has been a BAD BAD month (EDIT: for shopping!! two bags in february - YIKES). I know I'm not the first to do a "so black" boy bag reveal, but these black pieces from Chanel are such showstoppers...so I thought WHY NOT? I'll also post some detail shots, where you can see the iridescent nature of the chain and some comparison shots to the so black classic!

Attachments

• IMG_1136.JPG
    IMG_1136.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 5,932
  • IMG_1139.JPG
    IMG_1139.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 5,656
  • IMG_1144.JPG
    IMG_1144.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 5,852
Last edited:
When I put my name on the reserve list I was skeptical about two things. First, the word "iridescent" was used to describe the bag, and I'm not a mermaid Chanel fan (though I know I'm in the minority), so I was worried that it would be that purplish hue. Second, I had never heard of grained lambskin so I was curious as to what that would feel like.

As you can see in these detail shots, the leather is black, and doesn't have the mermaid iridescence BUT there is an iridescent quality to the hardware if you look very closely. It's subtle, and to me, so pretty! The grained lambskin is definitely softer than grained calfskin. We will see how it wears, but it seems to combine the suppleness / softness of lambskin with the durability of pebbled leather, so it seems like a match made in heaven!

Attachments

• IMG_1149.JPG
    IMG_1149.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 5,539
  • IMG_1151.JPG
    IMG_1151.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 5,606
  • IMG_1152.JPG
    IMG_1152.JPG
    281.4 KB · Views: 5,672
Here is a comparison to the Chanel So Black Classic Chevron. They have a similar vibe given the all black nature, but the hardware on the boy is almost between a gunmetal and black metal. There is also an iridescence to the Boy's hardware that I don't find in the classic. The hardware might be exactly the same and the reason I find a difference may just be because the hardware is so much bigger in the Boy, but you can decide when seeing the pics!! I was worried that it was a mistake to have both in my collection, and if so, I was going to sell the Boy, but now that I've seen it in person, I'm not so sure I will ever be able to part with it!! It is really very unique and that grained lambskin is TO DIE FOR :loveeyes:

Attachments

• IMG_1164.JPG
    IMG_1164.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 5,529
  • IMG_1165.JPG
    IMG_1165.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 5,550
  • IMG_1168.JPG
    IMG_1168.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 5,556
Lol never mind you answered my questions about leather etc. So Stunning and enjoy!! Hope march is a better month for you looks like it already will be [emoji8]

Thank you!! I meant bad month because two or three Chanel bags a year is my usual speed, so two in a month, was BAD!! I got this and the dark beige boy (I did a reveal of that last week), I just couldn't resist! Nothing serious, sorry for the confusion!

Last edited:
Reactions: skippydoo2010
Thank you!! I meant bad month because two or three Chanel bags a year is my usual speed, so two in a month, was BAD!! I got this and the dark beige boy (I did a reveal of that last week), I just couldn't resist! Nothing serious, sorry for the confusion!

Ahh gotcha. I am sleep deprived because of my six month old lol love that boy seriously thought of getting it! You should do a Chanel family post with your amazing purchases!

Reactions: luxfun
Here is a comparison to the Chanel So Black Classic Chevron. They have a similar vibe given the all black nature, but the hardware on the boy is almost between a gunmetal and black metal. There is also an iridescence to the Boy's hardware that I don't find in the classic. The hardware might be exactly the same and the reason I find a difference may just be because the hardware is so much bigger in the Boy, but you can decide when seeing the pics!! I was worried that it was a mistake to have both in my collection, and if so, I was going to sell the Boy, but now that I've seen it in person, I'm not so sure I will ever be able to part with it!! It is really very unique and that grained lambskin is TO DIE FOR :loveeyes:

Thank you for the comparison on the chsin details, it definitely helps with those deciding btwn this year's so black classic vs so black boy

Congratulations!!!! I love how the chain has iridescence to it and your accurate description of the boy chain is extremely helpful (that it's more of a cross between black and shiny ruthenium)... I have been wanting a shiny ruthenium on a Reissue size 226... if they have it in this hardware with the regular distressed calf then it will be my dream come true.

Do you mind posting the color code for the hardware on this boy? I will use it for reference to see if there may be one on reissue this or future season :smile: appreciate it. Enjoy this bad boy ;)

And lastly, here is a mod shot. Thank you for letting me share and I hope this helps anyone who is on the list or thinking of purchasing who hasn't seen it in person yet!!

Hi! Congratulations!!! How gorgeous is this bag! We are definitely bag twins and I know what you mean , just bought 3 chanel bags in February too :smile: I also got the boy in dark beige! Is your siZe the new medium? Thank you! Lovely!!![emoji173]️