Can Handbag Spa/Surgeons Completely remove colour transfer?

Heysexy

Dec 9, 2016
Hey guys

So I've seen online and if true I will definitely be sending my Chanel classic double flap beige with colour transfer (stains on the back of bag)...

So been looking online at independent leather surgens and handbag spa's and it seems as if the can totally remove the colour residue of Chanel caviar bags.

Can they totally restore them to its original colour?

or is it all nonsense?

It depends. The lighter the bag and the worse the color transfer, the less effective their removal will be. Sometimes they can do magic. Sometimes a bag is too far gone.

If you send a photo to Leather Surgeons or Leather Pros, they will give you an honest estimation of what you can expect.

Good luck!!!!

Hey guys

So I've seen online and if true I will definitely be sending my Chanel classic double flap beige with colour transfer (stains on the back of bag)...

So been looking online at independent leather surgens and handbag spa's and it seems as if the can totally remove the colour residue of Chanel caviar bags.

Can they totally restore them to its original colour?

or is it all nonsense?

I just got my REALLY dirty, banged up mini from Leather Surgeons. They did a full recolor/refresh of the bag. I made this Youtube video of my experience and the results. See for your self what kind of amazing work they did! I cannot recommend them enough.

Now... to be honest though... depending on the extent of the dirt/stains, a RECOLOR is different from just a cleaning, and the texture of the bag may not be 100% the same as the original. Mine was lambskin and the recolor made the bag a little stiffer, but honestly it's such an improvement on the original dirty state. If it's just a small area, it's even less of a concern.

Reactions: Susimoo
Also, I learned that from Gerry at Leather Surgeons that stains cannot be removed from iridescent caviar. This is important to know as I will definitely stay way from buying it.