Do I need to do V-line or can I just do mini V-line?

Kebro

Jan 18, 2016
Hi everyone! I've been around this forum for a little more than a year and am pretty set on going to Korea for rhinoplasty and v-line- however, I don't have a square jaw but a round and asymmetric jaw. I don't really want a slimmer jaw but just a more defined and symmetric chin, like this girl IMG_0178.JPG
Anyway, do you think the asymmetry can be fixed with mini v-line alone or do you think I need to do full v-line?IMG_9727.JPG

How about the side view?
If you have strong mandible angle, clinics would suggest for full vline; through x-ray the'd be able to recommend you
I don't think I have a very strong mandible angle, but I suppose the doctor/clinic will know what's best to get the result I want. IMG_0220.JPG
Sorry for the bag picture haha
I mostly want to elongate and define my chin and fix asymmetry.

Sure, there are a bunch of skilled surgeons out there that can fix your asymmetry. You can do bone surgery without making your face any slimmer

You don't have to do the whole v-line thing. Usually when doing v-line, people reduce their jaw and reposition or reduce chin, to achieve a v-line shaped face.
The surgeon will touch only your chin (and maybe a tiny bit of your front jaw if needed). They will definitely not touch your under ear jaw.
Do only the surgeries that you need, if clinics try to suggest you the whole v-line, they're just after your money. Because if you don't want to change anything about your jaw (so make it slimmer), you just don't need it. To me you already have a nice face shape :smile:
I'd say general genioplasty if you only want to fix the asymmetry, and mini v-line if you want a sharper chin or modify the shape of your chin aside from your asymmetry :smile:

Oh also by any chance, if you're want a smooth face line like the girl in the picture, they'd probably recommend v-line in that case. You can shave a tiny bit of bone and achieve a smooth line like her. Do think about it though haha

Reactions: Kebro
Thank you all for your responses! I agree to get the face line I want I probably have to do full v line. I guess I'll just tell the doctor to be more conservative with the mandible angle cutting haha

Don't worry about cutting bones, just that usually people want to reduce their jawline. There are still people out there that don't want their jaw to get any slimmer
Careful about stubborn surgeons haha, sometimes even if they're the most skilled surgeons of the world, they would stick to their ideal style. No matter how clear you are, how many time you repeat yourself, they'll perform the look they want to see. If you don't mind that's okay. But if you want a specific look, please be careful.

Just make sure to explain everything in detail to the doctor, and bring your ideal pictures too :smile:

Have you tried Botox on the jaw and chin filler? Maybe you can see if that helps achieve the look you want first? I think a chin filler or chin implant would give you the v line look without cutting bone if you're not concerned about slimming down your face . Remember once you cut bone there is no going back.