Choosing my First Bal

PoisedPose

O.G.
Mar 30, 2013
Hi Ladies,

I'm trying to decide between the Metallic Edge City and the Metallic Edge Papier A4 Tote. Which should I get? For reference I'm petite and 5'1" so I worry that the ME city may look too large on me because of the more structured leather. I do think because the Papier A4 is a tote style the size doesn't look as overwhelming on me. I'm only considering the ME style leather because I feel like it wears better and I prefer more structure to my bags. My other alternative would be to go the preloved route and try to find a Holiday Hamilton city (does anyone have any input regarding how much the hamilton "shrinks" due to slouching?). The only downside to that is I've heard that the Holiday Hamilton bags are hard to come by and I would not have as much of a choice in color...Please help me decide!! :confused1:

Hi! City only looks big, in fact it's smaller than A4 Papier. Imho, they are completely different, and it really depends on what you carry along and what bags you already own, also what type of handles do you prefer?

Reactions: muchstuff
Hi! City only looks big, in fact it's smaller than A4 Papier. Imho, they are completely different, and it really depends on what you carry along and what bags you already own, also what type of handles do you prefer?
I prefer the studier handles of the City, but I've heard from many petites that the ME version can look much bigger because it doesn't collapse as much if that makes any sense.

I prefer the studier handles of the City, but I've heard from many petites that the ME version can look much bigger because it doesn't collapse as much if that makes any sense.
"Much" is a very strong word :biggrin: more structured maybe... bigger - no, besides, soft lamb/goatskin will relax and sag after some use and that makes it look bigger, flatter.... when ME will hold its shape and look a tad more compact, if it makes sense...

I borrowed the photo from our Ref Club Library
see the slouchy bottoms? If you put your ipad and a wallet (e.g) it will sag and make the bag look a tad bigger
but ME will hold the shape of the base better, but it will be a tad more 3D wider .... hope, i am explaining it well.... :confused1:

Attachments

• proxy.jpg
    proxy.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 202
These are mine.
See the black one, it's ME and it's new chevre, see how the base stands up? It doesn't lie flat

Attachments

• 20170214_002651.jpg
    20170214_002651.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 202
Do you need a larger bag for your purposes? Otherwise I bet the small ME city would look great for your height
I'm considering the other sizes/styles only because I seem to have already acquired too many smaller satchel-type bags in my collection since I tend to gravitate towards that size anyways. The larger size would fill a niche in my collection for times when I need a larger bag for travel, work, etc.

I'm considering the other sizes/styles only because I seem to have already acquired too many smaller satchel-type bags in my collection since I tend to gravitate towards that size anyways. The larger size would fill a niche in my collection for times when I need a larger bag for travel, work, etc.
Did you consider Velo??
It has a long shoulder strap and is great for work stuff and/or travel.

my personal preference is for the city as it has the zipper but if you are into a lv neverfull style then the papier is for you. Try both in the store with what you normally carry so you'll see which one works best. :smile: