Evelyne TGM advice please - keep or return

I took delivery of a preloved Evie today. It's in very good condition and I love the colour - however, it's not a GM as advertised, but a TGM. It's kind of growing on me because the leather is soft and it moulds to the body more than my GM, but all the same it's BIG! I'm undecided - should I keep or return it?

image.jpg image.jpg

Reactions: fatcat2523
Is that Etain? If so, I have the identical bag. TGM IS big, but mine does snuggle up and conform to my body and I've used it many times on trips--It packs flat if you wish to pack it and will hold a little or a lot, hands-free, which is great for sightseeing. While it is, of course, basically open at the top, it is easy to carry tightly against the body or slightly in front of you for security. In other words, it's one of my most-used bags. How tall are you? Your own feeling about its proportion on your frame will be the deciding factor, I think.

Reactions: Hermezzy
Is that Etain? If so, I have the identical bag. TGM IS big, but mine does snuggle up and conform to my body and I've used it many times on trips--It packs flat if you wish to pack it and will hold a little or a lot, hands-free, which is great for sightseeing. While it is, of course, basically open at the top, it is easy to carry tightly against the body or slightly in front of you for security. In other words, it's one of my most-used bags. How tall are you? Your own feeling about its proportion on your frame will be the deciding factor, I think.
Thanks Mindi :smile: It's chocolate brown, I think the poor light has made it look greyer in the photos. I'm 5'6" so not tall. It does smoosh very nicely! How long have you had yours?

I'm 5'8", so not that much taller than you, and I'm comfortable with the proportions. I think I got mine around. . . 2011? (Someone here will correct me if Etain was not available at that time. ;p) I think a big, smooshy chocolate brown bag would be a great addition to anyone's bag wardrobe! But I am clearly prejudiced in favor of TGM Evies; I have two.

Reactions: Evia and Genie27
I like big bags too. I'm reluctant to post mod shots now that we can't delete our photos on tpf, but here's a couple of comparison photos (both bags are empty)
View attachment 3598963 View attachment 3598964

I'm 5'8", so not that much taller than you, and I'm comfortable with the proportions. I think I got mine around. . . 2011? (Someone here will correct me if Etain was not available at that time. ;p) I think a big, smooshy chocolate brown bag would be a great addition to anyone's bag wardrobe! But I am clearly prejudiced in favor of TGM Evies; I have two.

From these pics, I would say keep it as it does not look huge, because of the dark colour. If I'm not mistaken the GM is about 13x12" (33x31cm)? How big is the TGM?
And I agree with Mindy about a basic chocolate bag - one of my most useful bags is a chocolate brown veneta - I've used it as my city bag when travelling as it packs flat and is under the radar.

Reactions: Evia
I took delivery of a preloved Evie today. It's in very good condition and I love the colour - however, it's not a GM as advertised, but a TGM. It's kind of growing on me because the leather is soft and it moulds to the body more than my GM, but all the same it's BIG! I'm undecided - should I keep or return it?

View attachment 3598941 View attachment 3598942
As usual, Mindi makes excellent comments and observations. :smile: For many years I wanted a TGM because it was the only Evie that could carry all that I carry to work. However, once I brought all that stuff into the boutique to test it out I found that the bag got very heavy and cumbersome so I forced myself down to a gm. I think Mindi is right- your frame and how it feels when you walk with the stuff in it that you will mostly likely haul will determine it. If you carry a lot and it isn't too heavy (diapers/lighter clothes/beach bag-towels) I think it is great. Books/computer/other electronics/files? No way...

Reactions: Mindi B and Evia
As usual, Mindi makes excellent comments and observations. :smile: For many years I wanted a TGM because it was the only Evie that could carry all that I carry to work. However, once I brought all that stuff into the boutique to test it out I found that the bag got very heavy and cumbersome so I forced myself down to a gm. I think Mindi is right- your frame and how it feels when you walk with the stuff in it that you will mostly likely haul will determine it. If you carry a lot and it isn't too heavy (diapers/lighter clothes/beach bag-towels) I think it is great. Books/computer/other electronics/files? No way...
Thanks for your comments. Most of the time I don't carry huge amounts, (I'm not one to carry my life around with me in my bag) however I do prefer roomy bags. I think when I first opened the parcel I was just a bit taken aback that it was much bigger than the GM I'd been expecting to receive. I'm still weighing it up but leaning towards keeping it - chocolate is one of my favourite colours :smile:

Reactions: Hermezzy
From these pics, I would say keep it as it does not look huge, because of the dark colour. If I'm not mistaken the GM is about 13x12" (33x31cm)? How big is the TGM?
And I agree with Mindy about a basic chocolate bag - one of my most useful bags is a chocolate brown veneta - I've used it as my city bag when travelling as it packs flat and is under the radar.
I love chocolate too, and very lovely in a veneta, lucky you! I measured this bag and its 40cm in width, depth is about the same as the GM.