Fracture filled colored diamond

I'm interested in purchasing a colored diamond. The stone is beautiful. The jeweler was very upfront and told me it was a fracture filled diamond. I'm on the fence if I should purchase the diamond or pay the extra money for one that is not fracture filled.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

From what little I know about fracture filled rubies sold at places like Macys, they are typically filled with lead glass. They can essentially take a really crappy stone that looks horrid and fill it with glass to look decent. Personally, I wouldn't spend money on one, simply because I read that if you were to say cut lemons with it on, the acidity of some substances can cause the fillings to wear out and uncover the real stone underneath. Additionally, there are a lot of lab created gemstones that look great on a budget and have no inclusions whatsoever and are clean to the naked eye. I have a lab created ruby as a result of my research and I don't regret that purchase one bit.

I'm interested in purchasing a colored diamond. The stone is beautiful. The jeweler was very upfront and told me it was a fracture filled diamond. I'm on the fence if I should purchase the diamond or pay the extra money for one that is not fracture filled.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Strongly advise against this. Besides the fact that you have no idea what the filling is, and it's resale and insurance value are significantly lowered due to this type of work--IF you can even get it insured, as many carriers won't insure it--just caring for it will be more trouble than its worth. Cleaning it could cause it to break/shatter, any work at any jeweler could cause it to break/shatter, ANY hit/whack could cause it to break/shatter. It's not worth spending the money on something you will have to go ridiculously out of your way to worry about.

why don't you get a different naturally coloured stone? Does it have to be diamond? I know coloured diamonds are popular but there are other stones to consider.

This is going to be my wedding ring, so I wanted something extremely durable. The stone that was already placed in the settling was the fractured filled diamond. I don't think it's an issue for the jeweler to put in a different stone. It will just affect the price, which is fine. I'd rather have a nice piece that I can pass down to my daughter and not have to worry about unnecessary issues down the road.

Fractured filled diamonds of any kind of significant size are not worth the money. The stones are fragile & I, personally, would not want one in my wedding ring. Their value is less & it would be worth the extra cost for a quality diamond if you want the ring to be passed down. I agree with everything @ame stated in her post.

Strongly advise against this. Besides the fact that you have no idea what the filling is, and it's resale and insurance value are significantly lowered due to this type of work--IF you can even get it insured, as many carriers won't insure it--just caring for it will be more trouble than its worth. Cleaning it could cause it to break/shatter, any work at any jeweler could cause it to break/shatter, ANY hit/whack could cause it to break/shatter. It's not worth spending the money on something you will have to go ridiculously out of your way to worry about.

Good advice....