RM Avery Iridescent crossbody - anyone own this color purse?

Here's the before picture:

31691245851_daf529926c_c.jpg

And here's the after:

31733420201_ae8943d36b_c.jpg

Update: I have been giving this strap some abuse, bending it back and forth. It's holding up. No peeling, no cracking. How long will this last? Don't know.

Sent from my P027 using PurseForum mobile app

Hi !! Okay so I had ordered the moto bag in this color before reading this thread and now I'm nervous . I cant change out the strap on this one because it's attached . I have a mini MAB in rose gold and I assumed it was going to be the same leather . I'm so nervous ... to the point where I'm not even sure I'm excited anymore :sad: !! IMG_1483541144.693212.jpg

Hi !! Okay so I had ordered the moto bag in this color before reading this thread and now I'm nervous . I cant change out the strap on this one because it's attached . I have a mini MAB in rose gold and I assumed it was going to be the same leather . I'm so nervous ... to the point where I'm not even sure I'm excited anymore :sad: !! View attachment 3564784
This is the one I have as well, which tore on the strap before I wore it. What I did was I fixed the tear carefully with superglue and looked for any other tears forming on the strap or bag. I did what barskin suggested and ordered that acrylic protector and have been putting layers on both sides of the strap as well as the top flap of the bag where it bends. I've been twisting the strap around and the acrylic seems to have everything strengthened it enough. I figure if down the line the strap really gets torn up, I will cut the threads sewing the two pieces together and just detach it and replace it with a chain. This sounds like a lot of work lol but I really love the color of this!!

Actually I just really the strap on this one isn't sewn on how I thought (where my pointer finger is), so really it looks like if you can just pop them off through the studs (which is possible, I tried with one...may be more difficult due to the Saffiano) and remove the strap

Attachments

• IMG_0651.JPG
    IMG_0651.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 139
Actually I just really the strap on this one isn't sewn on how I thought (where my pointer finger is), so really it looks like if you can just pop them off through the studs (which is possible, I tried with one...may be more difficult due to the Saffiano) and remove the strap

Oh nice !!! Is the acrylic messy ?? I'm gonna go ahead and order it since the. Ah isn't scheduled to be here until Tuesday !
Do you have a picture of your whole bag ??
Thanks so much for the info - I hope it works for me ! [emoji51]

Oh nice !!! Is the acrylic messy ?? I'm gonna go ahead and order it since the. Ah isn't scheduled to be here until Tuesday !
Thanks so much for the info - I hope it works for me !
emoji51.png
The acrylic is much more liquidy than I expected! I've been applying thin layers with a cosmetic sponge. You could use a brush or a different sponge though, that's just what I had lying around!

Sure, here's some pictures :smile:
Thanks so much for the info - I hope it works for me ! [emoji51]
The acrylic is more liquidy than I expected, but it's not super messy. I've been applying thin layers with a cosmetic sponge - fits into the opening well. But a brush or another sponge type could be used, that's just what I had laying around! Then I let it dry for a few hours...probably longer than necessary, seems to dry pretty fast on this material.

Sure - here's some images, I took them of the areas I applied the acrylic to..I took some as well of my superglue repair haha (ignore my chipping nail polish!!), it's not super noticeable in the light, but its on the underside of the strap so I'm not concerned. After applying the acrylic I've twisted the strap around quite a bit and everything seems to be holding. I noticed a couple tears starting around the holes on the strap for the buckle so I put a dab of superglue there as well to stop it, and I can't even see it. Hope that helps :amuse:
IMG_0658.JPG IMG_0657.JPG IMG_0653.JPG IMG_0652.JPG IMG_0654.JPG

The acrylic is much more liquidy than I expected! I've been applying thin layers with a cosmetic sponge. You could use a brush or a different sponge though, that's just what I had lying around!

Sure, here's some pictures :smile:

The acrylic is more liquidy than I expected, but it's not super messy. I've been applying thin layers with a cosmetic sponge - fits into the opening well. But a brush or another sponge type could be used, that's just what I had laying around! Then I let it dry for a few hours...probably longer than necessary, seems to dry pretty fast on this material.

Sure - here's some images, I took them of the areas I applied the acrylic to..I took some as well of my superglue repair haha (ignore my chipping nail polish!!), it's not super noticeable in the light, but its on the underside of the strap so I'm not concerned. After applying the acrylic I've twisted the strap around quite a bit and everything seems to be holding. I noticed a couple tears starting around the holes on the strap for the buckle so I put a dab of superglue there as well to stop it, and I can't even see it. Hope that helps :amuse:
View attachment 3564971 View attachment 3564972 View attachment 3564974 View attachment 3564975 View attachment 3564980

Oh my goodness , it is absolutely stunning !
I think what I'm going to do is take a good look at it once it comes in , if I see any trouble spots from the get go I'm going to just return it .. if not , I'm gonna start slathering !! Do you have any mod shots by chance ? Lol I know , I'm strange !

Oh my goodness , it is absolutely stunning !
I think what I'm going to do is take a good look at it once it comes in , if I see any trouble spots from the get go I'm going to just return it .. if not , I'm gonna start slathering !! Do you have any mod shots by chance ? Lol I know , I'm strange !

Oh sure! Had to look up what that was lol...any idea why it's called that??
IMG_0693.JPG IMG_0692.JPG

Hi everyone,
I just joined to ask a question here, looks like the thread isn't too old so hopefully this is ok. I just got the Avery iridescent bag and my strap is very crackly, seems very fragile. I got the acrylic resolene after I Googled and found this thread. I'm just curious how long you're letting it dry between coats and how many coats of this stuff you're using? Couldn't find anything from the company itself regarding drying time.
I ordered the matching wallet and assume that will need a good coating, with all the moving parts.
TIA!

Hi everyone,
I just joined to ask a question here, looks like the thread isn't too old so hopefully this is ok. I just got the Avery iridescent bag and my strap is very crackly, seems very fragile. I got the acrylic resolene after I Googled and found this thread. I'm just curious how long you're letting it dry between coats and how many coats of this stuff you're using? Couldn't find anything from the company itself regarding drying time.
I ordered the matching wallet and assume that will need a good coating, with all the moving parts.
TIA!

Hi ! My strap is also really crinkly and I'm undecided on whether to buy the resolene or just return the bag ! Would you mind showing me pix of the crinkly parts you put the stuff on it ?? If you can ! Thanks :smile:

Hi ! My strap is also really crinkly and I'm undecided on whether to buy the resolene or just return the bag ! Would you mind showing me pix of the crinkly parts you put the stuff on it ?? If you can ! Thanks :smile:

View media item 1658
View media item 1657
These are both after I put the acrylic resolene on. It doesn't make it looks different (I don't think it looks bad anyway), but it is no longer making the crackly sound.

Reactions: Coppercatsandcoffee