Louis Vuitton Alma BB Epi or Chanel Boy WOC?

Aug 5, 2016
Hi I need help deciding which bag I should get. I'm looking for a small bag and I love the look on both. I feel like both bags can be used on special occasions and as a daily bag. Which do you guys think is more worth the money? The LV Alma bb in black epi leather or the Chanel Boy WOC?

did you try them both on yet? the bb has a non-adjustable strap so if you're taller or plus it'll be harder to wear - it'll sit very high. it also knocks into stuff because it protrudes a lot, it sticks out. the woc has a longer than normal chain ; you can alter it a bit but it hangs long, and it holds nothing. you might want to try them on and try them with your daily goodies?? i have had and sold both - the alma bb holds so much more but was worth nothing in the end. with the woc i got back almost everything i paid. i still have one bb though, a vernis

I have an Alma bb and boy woc. I think the Alma bb is more suited as a daily bag if you will be using small slgs. If you don't carry much and prepared to downsize your essentials, then the woc will work for you. Just be realistic with space expectations on the woc. I love and use both for specific purposes. Personally, I find the Alma bb more versatile for every day and worth the money.

I have an Alma bb and boy woc. I think the Alma bb is more suited as a daily bag if you will be using small slgs. If you don't carry much and prepared to downsize your essentials, then the woc will work for you. Just be realistic with space expectations on the woc. I love and use both for specific purposes. Personally, I find the Alma bb more versatile for every day and worth the money.

Thank you everyone for your reply. I typically carry alittle more but the reason why i chose these 2 is bc I'm trying to have versatility in my handbag collection. Also I don't have a Chanel and I have a couple LVs already. But idk if I want the Chanel just bc I don't have a Chanel yet. Idk haha I guess I just wanted to branch out

I would say that the chanel mini and alma bb are more comparable bags in terms of size and what they can hold. The WOC holds very little, so it all depends on what you're trying to carry.

The alma bb is a cute little bag, but sticks out too much when worn cross body.

Reactions: IloveClassic
Thank you everyone for your reply. I typically carry alittle more but the reason why i chose these 2 is bc I'm trying to have versatility in my handbag collection. Also I don't have a Chanel and I have a couple LVs already. But idk if I want the Chanel just bc I don't have a Chanel yet. Idk haha I guess I just wanted to branch out
Problem solved?! Lol, looks like you are leaning towards the woc :biggrin: I can totally understand. If possible, you should see both at the store and see how you feel. The woc is such a great piece as long as you have realistic expectations with what can fit in it. I have 3 at the moment. I love it but do I think it's worth the money? No, I think it is overpriced. Will consider buying another one? Nothing I can do about the price. So yes, if I saw one I really loved. Good luck deciding :smile:

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Problem solved?! Lol, looks like you are leaning towards the woc :biggrin: I can totally understand. If possible, you should see both at the store and see how you feel. The woc is such a great piece as long as you have realistic expectations with what can fit in it. I have 3 at the moment. I love it but do I think it's worth the money? No, I think it is overpriced. Will consider buying another one? Nothing I can do about the price. So yes, if I saw one I really loved. Good luck deciding :smile:

Haha that's also another reason why I'm on and off about the WOC bc I don't know if the price is worth it. I mean at least the resale value would be good. Haha I'm always trying to find the pros

I am a Chanel newbie too... I have many LVs and hoping to buy the Chanel Maxi in January! I would go for the Alma BB, it holds enough to be used as daily bag with some downsizing of your essentials, I have 2, one in Pomme and other in Noir both vernis. The woc won't hold enough IMHO. Good luck deciding :smile:

I have a Alma BB and I feel like they are two different bags. Although the Alma is small, you can hold more than a WOC, but it is bulkier. I have the Alma in Epi Electric and feel that it's dressy and have carried it while dressed up. I'm not quite sure I'd wear my WOC if I was dressed to the nines, because the bag feels a bit more casual. I have a Chanel clutch with chain that I wear when I feel like dressing up and carrying a chanel bag. But if you can only get one....and are looking for the brand wow I'd go with Chanel. I'd also agree with the resale value is waaay better than LV.

Go to a boutique and try it out. Literally put your stuff in the bag and see if your essentials can fit in.

It didn't work for me. I can put both my iPhone (Plus size) and key chain in the classic WOC, but they stretch the leather too much. Probably because my car key is too big and it's not foldable.

I have both (although my WOC is a classic one, not a boy one). Personally I'm not a fan of the WOC (too small and chain length is too long for me) but this all depends on your needs.

Alma BB
Pros:
-super cute and elegant at the same time
-versatile as it can be both casual and fancy
--three different ways to wear it (shoulder, cross body, hand held)
--durable (mine is in epi leather)

Cons:
--bulky when worn crossbody but I'm used to it now
--zipper opening is a little annoying

WOC
Pros:
--great as a clutch or crossbody depending on your height
--better for taller girls
--good for girls who carry only the essentials

Cons:
--can only fit the essentials
--chain too long for petite girls
--very expensive for the size

I don't take resale into account as I buy for me to keep.

Hope this helps!

I have both (although my WOC is a classic one, not a boy one). Personally I'm not a fan of the WOC (too small and chain length is too long for me) but this all depends on your needs.

Alma BB
Pros:
-super cute and elegant at the same time
-versatile as it can be both casual and fancy
--three different ways to wear it (shoulder, cross body, hand held)
--durable (mine is in epi leather)

Cons:
--bulky when worn crossbody but I'm used to it now
--zipper opening is a little annoying

WOC
Pros:
--great as a clutch or crossbody depending on your height
--better for taller girls
--good for girls who carry only the essentials

Cons:
--can only fit the essentials
--chain too long for petite girls
--very expensive for the size

I don't take resale into account as I buy for me to keep.

Hope this helps!

It does! Thank you!