1st Chanel bag (preloved) + transformation!

Sep 1, 2016
Hi everyone ! I just wanted to share my excitement with you, because today I got my first Chanel bag [emoji5] I found it on Vide dressing a few weeks ago and decided to go for it, as its price was incredibly low. Of course it was in a terrible shape (again : very low price) but the bag itself kept a perfect shape and steadiness and most of the used parts were under the bag or in the back, and I wanted to try and bring it back to life ! I was so nervous because I didn't know what the stains actually were, so I thought I wouldn't be able to clean it myself. So here you go, a few before and after pics. As you can probably see the piping will need a professional repair, but I'm very happy with the result of my 3 hours of cleaning the hell out of it [emoji1]
It's a Medallion tote as you can see, and I paid ... 299€ for it ! I do think it's a really good price considering most of the stains rubbed off the home-made way, and even if I ever decide to send it to a luxurious bags spa it won't even cost me half the price of the bag in the end :smile:
So, yeah, I'm very happy ! I can't wait to take it out.
Hope you enjoyed !

-> a very happy little frenchie

IMG_1482030448.912066.jpg
IMG_1482030462.027771.jpgIMG_1482030471.160747.jpgIMG_1482030480.527754.jpg

Wow what great result! What home made way did you use to clean the bag may I ask?

Thank you ! Non alcoholic baby wipes, an eraser (a very small one, shaped like a pencil), a microfibre cloth and collonil leather gel that I usually apply on my mulberry ! I tried everything on a small area under the bag to be safe, I was mostly worried that the baby wipes would dry out the leather but everything went well :smile:

Wonderful job! How is the interior? Will you have to try a bit of cleaning with that as well?

Thank you :smile: The interior really wasn't that bad compared to the rest of the bag, but I still had to clean it. There are, I think, some inks stains inside, I hope a professional cleaner will be able to clean them. But I made it as clean as possible, the surface is smooth and I won't be afraid to put my stuff inside

I've always wondered how an owner can allow their bag to get this dirty...
Amazing job on the restoration! Can't believe its the same bag!

Thank you very much ! Well, I can't get it either. Now that I know the stains were 99% dust and dirt, she could have totally cleaned it herself- and probably even sell it for a better price. Also, I never saw a Medallion tote with such worn out piping/handles ! I just wonder what she did with it. She did specify that she actually carried it like that .... [emoji32] I was mortified at the idea that the bag would smell bad, but actually it smelled really good, like it was stored inside a dressing full of really clean clothes. So weird !

Fantastic job!!! You gave this great bag a new home with caring and loving ownership that it deserves. I take great care in selecting and caring for my bags, and cannot understand how people can trash beautiful bags like that. :yucky: Good luck with the professional leather spa!

Thank you very much ! Well, I can't get it either. Now that I know the stains were 99% dust and dirt, she could have totally cleaned it herself- and probably even sell it for a better price. Also, I never saw a Medallion tote with such worn out piping/handles ! I just wonder what she did with it. She did specify that she actually carried it like that .... [emoji32] I was mortified at the idea that the bag would smell bad, but actually it smelled really good, like it was stored inside a dressing full of really clean clothes. So weird !

Exactly! Even my "cheapest" bags do not get dirty like that. The previous owner must've been on the lackadaisical side lol. :biggrin: