How careful should I be with my lady dior?

vmikki

Apr 12, 2015
Just got a medium lady dior in rose poudre and I'm wondering how careful should i be with my bag? What should I look out for? Can i carry it when I'm wearing jeans and what happens if it gets a little wet from rain? Don't really want to baby it but I dont want to ruin such a high end bag

Just got a medium lady dior in rose poudre and I'm wondering how careful should i be with my bag? What should I look out for? Can i carry it when I'm wearing jeans and what happens if it gets a little wet from rain? Don't really want to baby it but I dont want to ruin such a high end bag

Congratulations on your new Lady Dior!

As with all bags made of premium soft leathers like lambskin, it is best to protect the corners of the bag from rubbing against other things when you're wearing the bag. Also, avoid getting your nails in contact with the bag, especially at the handles and the opening.

Because Rose Poudre is a light colour, avoid getting the bag in contact with colour-fast fabrics like denim. The colour can transfer onto the bag. If colour transfer does happen, then the bag can be redyed so it's not the end of the world.

Light colours also show dirt easily. If the handles start to darken with use, then simply use a tiny amount of neutral-colour leather cleaning cream to clean the handles. Be sure to test it on an inconspicuous spot on the bag first in case the cream darkens the leather.

Some people tie a scarf around the handles to give the bag an extra bit of colour, and also to protect the handles. You can remove the scarf after lots of use and clean it.

Finally, be sure to store the bag upright in its box with all the original tissue paper inside when it is not in use, in a cool, dry, and dark closet. It will help maintain the shape of the bag.

I have a lady dior in rose sorbet lambskin and I love it! It's so durable for lambskin and it still looks new after a year. I don't use it under the rain though, I take it out about once a week to shopping malls/ indoor places. Maybe you can carry a plastic bag with you in case it rains?

I feel like Dior's lambskin quality is really good! There is not an inch of colour transfer on my bag. However... It is a deeper pink and I always wear light colours with it :P Rose poudre is such a sweet colour though!

Also, in comparison with Chanel's lambskin, I have a pink flap and boyyyy does it look trashed at the back.:doh: The front is fine but the back pocket has gotten greyish :annoyed: It marks quite easily too. It's not even a light pink but a coral pink! I do however love that bag but I'm glad I have the lady dior to change my perception of lambskin's durability!

However, both bags do get softer and shinier with age as the leather absorbs natural oils with age. I hope you enjoy using your bag! Eventhough some of my bags look worn, I think it's natural and shows you've enjoyed the bag :smile:

Wow i've got the same question. Was debating for ages whether to get the rose poudre or black in lambskin. The champagne gold tone hardware on the rose poudre is TDF, but I ended up getting the black instead. How do you find yours holding up OP?

I carry it fairly often (ie during the weekends). I don't think I'm very careful with it as I carry it even when I'm wearing jeans or darker clothing, I just try to make sure they don't really rub against each other and so far it has not cause any stains. I think the colour looks a bit duller/grey cause of dust and wear but it's nothing some cleaning can't fix.

Wow i've got the same question. Was debating for ages whether to get the rose poudre or black in lambskin. The champagne gold tone hardware on the rose poudre is TDF, but I ended up getting the black instead. How do you find yours holding up OP?
I carry it fairly often (ie during the weekends). I don't think I'm very careful with it as I carry it even when I'm wearing jeans or darker clothing, I just try to make sure they don't really rub against each other and so far it has not cause any stains. I think the colour looks a bit duller/grey cause of dust and wear but it's nothing some cleaning can't fix.

Reactions: iykyk
Hi all, I'm planning to get my first lady dior in black lambskin for Christmas for myself! Super excited as I've already started saving up for it. Dilemma for me is the hardware..now I'm torn between the champagne gold tone vs silver hardware on the black lambskin.
Question on looking after the hardware: to those that own LD with GHW, do you find the gold colour fading or tarnishing over time
I know the GHW is the iconic one carried by Lady Di, and I read on tpf that silver is more chic..but I just can't decide..since there's no boutique in my current city and I'll have to make an online/phone purchase.
Do you think GHW & SHW give the bag significantly different looks?

Thanks so much, really appreciating your insights.

Hello goldenfoundation, Yes, the color hardware does make a difference in the look of the bag and is a personal choice. Some prefer SHW because they were mostly silver jewelry and others prefer GHW because they wear gold jewelry and think that it is more authentic/iconic as you mention in your post. Good luck with your decision!

Hi all, I'm planning to get my first lady dior in black lambskin for Christmas for myself! Super excited as I've already started saving up for it. Dilemma for me is the hardware..now I'm torn between the champagne gold tone vs silver hardware on the black lambskin.
Question on looking after the hardware: to those that own LD with GHW, do you find the gold colour fading or tarnishing over time
I know the GHW is the iconic one carried by Lady Di, and I read on tpf that silver is more chic..but I just can't decide..since there's no boutique in my current city and I'll have to make an online/phone purchase.
Do you think GHW & SHW give the bag significantly different looks?

Thanks so much, really appreciating your insights.
The colour doesn't fade, although over time the scratches will make the gold surface look duller. Dior can replace the charms for you for a small fee if that happens and you want to renew your charms.

Hello goldenfoundation, Yes, the color hardware does make a difference in the look of the bag and is a personal choice. Some prefer SHW because they were mostly silver jewelry and others prefer GHW because they wear gold jewelry and think that it is more authentic/iconic as you mention in your post. Good luck with your decision!

The colour doesn't fade, although over time the scratches will make the gold surface look duller. Dior can replace the charms for you for a small fee if that happens and you want to renew your charms.
Thanks @averagejoe for the info!