Kim Kardashian

I want to agree, but the cynical side of me just sees this photo as 'so scripted'.
Why did they have to have their children with them when they emerge for the first time.
And having North looking so upset and clinging to Kim, as she's paraded through all those security and what is probably a huge media gathering.
I'm sure all the nannies and other staff are waiting somewhere out of sight, wouldn't it have been better for the children to be send them with that group.

If Kim want to come out to show her new humble, covered up self, fine, just leave the 'children as props' out of it!
I think in one way or another she will always stage visuals for paps. She's always used her children as props, and they've literally looked like an accessory she's dangling along. If she's going to keep posing for paps, and using her kids as props, which i think she will, I'd rather they be like this, where she looks like a mother holding her daughter.
And who knows, she could be really scared and actually needing the comfort that comes from holding your daughter.

That picture was credited as in NYC but I thought Kimmy flew home to California where she felt safe. So which is it?

I have no idea if a robbery occurred or not. But there's so much of the story that doesn't make sense. Lack of security camera footage, screaming on balcony but no one claimed to have heard, ordered to spread her legs, tied up with zip ties, gagged and put in bathtub, escaped from the zip ties by herself, whole thing including her screaming and getting tied up in only six minutes. Etc. All these details don't add up.
Her flying straight to NYC was the only story I saw. Said she landed at Teterboro airport according to the Daily News or NY Post...either one of those rags. But they had pics so I'd consider it legit. But you know...again...depends on if you want to believe every gossip source as gospel.

That picture was credited as in NYC but I thought Kimmy flew home to California where she felt safe. So which is it?

I have no idea if a robbery occurred or not. But there's so much of the story that doesn't make sense. Lack of security camera footage, screaming on balcony but no one claimed to have heard, ordered to spread her legs, tied up with zip ties, gagged and put in bathtub, escaped from the zip ties by herself, whole thing including her screaming and getting tied up in only six minutes. Etc. All these details don't add up.
They was even a story she allegedly told the assistant or whoever the girl was that was with her to jump from the balcony to get help...

So then, by that logic. Putting 'herself out there' is her not evaluating her life as she is now and asking to be robbed?

I agree tho, she should have security. I do think it appears she was naive as to the level of her fame. For years they go places like if they're (slightly) above average people. But to say she wouldn't have acted like that.. That's what these events do... She imo NOW sees how lucky she was this hadn't happened sooner...She is not the only celeb to flaunt her wealth... imo, some folks are acting like she's the only person on IG posting those pics...
That is not what I said or meant. How she projects herself to the public will determine public perception of her. Most people do not engage in the things she does to draw attention to herself, ie see through clothes, flashing her wealth, calling the paps to let them know where she will be, ect. Because most people don't do this, they don't have to re-evaluate what they do. When one re-evaluates themselves due to a traumatic event, they tend to evaluate what part they may or may not have played in it & whether or not the event would not have happened if their behavior was different. This does not mean that wearing short skirts is asking to be raped. (I don't think anyone here has advocated that) Nor does it mean driving a nice car is asking to be carjacked or carrying an expensive purse is asking to be mugged. However....thing like this happens all the time to regular people, not just to the rich & famous. She has already demonstrated the pattern of displaying herself practically nude on the street for all the world to see & the world is full of crazy people & opportunists. To be honest, I'm surprise something like this had not happened to her sooner given her public persona. What drives someone to commit a crime...the reasons are numerous. Sometimes, it's just that people do bad things. There are people out there who just want to take your stuff instead of doing what they need to do to get them honestly. You have something they want & they want to take it from you.

If the did a scam and didn't get caught, it would not be a loss, right? They would get paid by the insurance company.
They would, but as we were discussing earlier- Not the full value of the ring, as well as its not cut and dry they file and insurance gives them money.. There will be an investigation.

Why rob yourself a 6+mil ring to get back a fraction of its worth, to then sell the ring on the black market for also less than it's worth?

So then, by that logic. Putting 'herself out there' is her not evaluating her life as she is now and asking to be robbed?

I agree tho, she should have security. I do think it appears she was naive as to the level of her fame. For years they go places like if they're (slightly) above average people. But to say she wouldn't have acted like that.. That's what these events do... She imo NOW sees how lucky she was this hadn't happened sooner...She is not the only celeb to flaunt her wealth... imo, some folks are acting like she's the only person on IG posting those pics...
So she can do whatever she wants, flaunt her body and wealth and her only concern should be if she has enough security?

Reactions: Aminamina
So she can do whatever she wants, flaunt her body and wealth and her only concern should be if she has enough security?
She can put herself naked covered in diamonds she bought on IG for all I care, imo still doesn't warrant someone robbing her.

Is it smart for her to not have security? No...But this event is likely to show her how fortunate she was this didn't happen sooner...That's why events happen in life, to teach you and learn.

I draw this post for reference ...

Whooo...this is boarderline. Dressing in short skirts everyday doesn't mean you provoked rape. Driving a nice car daily doesn't mean you provoked a car jacking. Stopping in the street to look in your bag for your cell phone doens't mean you provoked a mugging. I get what you're saying, she makes it a point to flaunt herself, her possessions, her whereabouts, etc for attention. However, that doesn't provoke being a victim. Just sayin'....back to the speculation.

Last edited:
I think Kim displaying her wealth etc on Snapchat and any other social media is vulgar. The notion that "everyone is doing it" holds no water with me. Society would be a mess (and possibly is headed that way) if everyone did something crass or worse just because "everyone" is doing it. Sorry, that's a pathetic herd mentality for people with no brain or moral compass of their own.

Now, secondary....if this story is true, did Kim deserve to be held and frightened out of her mind? No, absolutely not. The onus is on the perp, not the victim here, no matter how she flaunted her jewellery on social media.

Nope, I don't IG or Snapchat. I have no need or use for those.
Well that's all it's about so Kim is not really acting out of the norm from a socialwebs perspective. That doesn't mean it's to be praised...I'm only painting context because while we may find it disgusting or unacceptable, it's the norm on those sites. I actually haven't been on IG in months because I just grew so tired of the monotony of it all. However, given the amount of tween/teens in my life, I feel it's necessary to be familiar with Snap/IG as this is their main source of social interaction. Plus - I watch the way some boomers+ lose their minds with needing to use technology to get things done...I never want to be like that when the feds make my social security an app paid through venmo or somthing...lol

Last edited:
Reactions: bisousx and Deco

Actually, I think people who go through a very traumatic experience like a robbery, burglary, ect, will adjust & adapt to insure that it never happens again. If you're robbed, you up your security, change your habits, ect. Only time will tell how this will truly affect her.

Reactions: Chagall and tweegy
Isn't Snapchat where you do a little 10 second skit or whatever of yourself and they can only view it once?
My daughters have this app and talk about it. Is there anything I need to know???