Trusted Resale Websites

I recently purchased a vintage Kelly from brand_jfa on eBay, and it was confirmed authentic by Bababebi. They shipped via DHL which made me really nervous at first, because I know DHL always charge extra fees on top of customs. The bag arrived within 1 business day (shipped Friday and arrived Monday morning), and when I checked the commercial invoice on the package, I found that they had undervalued the package...by a lot. I mean it's great that I didn't have to pay anything extra as a result, the shipping was fast, and I'm pretty happy with transaction overall. But I always assumed Japanese seller declared the package value as is, so that definitely surprised me a bit.
I think they undervalue the bag for less customs or shipping insurance, a bit risky imo.

Thank you CanuckBagLover, PocketbookPup, xiangxiang0731, Pourquoipas, and RougeH.
I was advised by eBay to leave feedback on her. But later in the day I saw it had been deleted. Called eBay yet again to find out an agent removed it in error thinking it was an unpaid item case. And eBay can't restore posting of feedback once it's been taken down. So basically no recourse for me. Just to be clear ladies, and thank you again for your sympathy, but chanelilovechanel did not cheat me out of money, nor sell or ship anything inauthentic. The problem was only that she backed out of our contract after a very long wait on my part, and then blamed it on me to prevent it from being a mark against her as a seller, even while admitting she herself just changed her mind to keep the item.

Thank you CanuckBagLover, PocketbookPup, xiangxiang0731, Pourquoipas, and RougeH.
I was advised by eBay to leave feedback on her. But later in the day I saw it had been deleted. Called eBay yet again to find out an agent removed it in error thinking it was an unpaid item case. And eBay can't restore posting of feedback once it's been taken down. So basically no recourse for me. Just to be clear ladies, and thank you again for your sympathy, but chanelilovechanel did not cheat me out of money, nor sell or ship anything inauthentic. The problem was only that she backed out of our contract after a very long wait on my part, and then blamed it on me to prevent it from being a mark against her as a seller, even while admitting she herself just changed her mind to keep the item.

Some eBay sellers know how to work the system to have bad feedback removed. It's very easy for them to do. It's good that you let people here know about your terrible experience. That's what this forum is for. I know you are disappointed. It sounds terrible. I'm just glad you aren't out your money too. That would be even more horrible.

Reactions: keodi
I think they undervalue the bag for less customs or shipping insurance, a bit risky imo.
I figured the customs part, but good call on the shipping insurance part! Thanks for the explanation. That is pretty risky for them though if the package got lost or they got caught by customs :shocked: Good thing nothing happened, so I guess the risk paid off for both of us!

You are lucky the seller didn't cheat you money this time. Next time you may not be so lucky. You need to some more research before buying expensive item on eBay.

Reactions: Keren16
I figured the customs part, but good call on the shipping insurance part! Thanks for the explanation. That is pretty risky for them though if the package got lost or they got caught by customs :shocked: Good thing nothing happened, so I guess the risk paid off for both of us!
Have you tried returning to brand_jfa before? Recently bought a shooting stars birkin from them. What is the return policy?

I think you might be right, as I was watching a Kelly bag, all the bidding were below 25 in feedback. They were bidding left and right, the winning had a feedback of (9) I just got a really weird feeling about all of it. I have been a ebay seller since 2006. I have sold LV. and Chanel and never had that kind of bidding from low low feedback bidders. I have since watched a couple other items and found the same thing happening with there items, seems to get the price up there that's for sure!!!
Thanks for responding, I would of just thought is was me.!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am writing today about a very unfortunate transaction I had with eBay seller chanelilovechanel in the U.S.
This is not an authentication issue; the item was authenticated by bababebi.

But the seller informed me today that she changed her mind and decided to keep the bag herself. This is for an item I'd "won" on eBay through the Best Offer/counteroffer process and paid the immediate deposit through PayPal. Her terms required I pay the balance through wire transfer, which I agreed to do since I trusted the authenticity and had bought a couple of H bags that way years ago from CDL.

chanelilovechanel said she was fine to wait one week till the date I returned home to go to my bank to process the balance payment through wire transfer. But then after the sale to me, invoicing me and receiving my PayPal deposit of $1000, she insisted to refund and cancel the transaction to re-start in August when she returned from an emergency she had to leave town for. First she asked if I could instead immediately wire transfer the balance to ship the item to me next day; but since it was still before I'd be home to do the balance wire transfer (on the date she'd accepted to receive funds) I offered her instead to immediately pay the balance on PayPal. She refused to accept PayPal for the balance, but assured me the bag would be safe and reserved to sell exclusively to me upon her return from her emergency. I checked in with her through eBay messages about her anticipated return date from her emergency and offered to pay if there was someone available to receive and ship and she replied she'd be back this month. No hint that the transaction wouldn't be honored upon her return. I have no idea when she changed her mind to keep the bag.

Well today she informed me she decided to keep the bag herself, and asked for me to understand but then she added false details about how I hadn't paid per the listing requirements in time. This was after I'd shown all kindness, patience, trust in her to understand her emergency (from July 11-Aug 29!) while waiting to receive the bag in time this week to take to a wedding :sad: Sorry me, I know it's a "first world problem" as they say, but I felt it important to share the experience in this thread since she does have an active eBay store.

LailaT, the seller did respond to you in another thread (ebay forum " One member experience with Chanel seller) with an explanation
& offered her sincere apologies.
This happens, it is unfortunate & we can understand your disappointment, but the seller did explain herself & IMO, just move on
as hard as it might be. It doesn't need to escalate into anything more that is unpleasant.

i bought at the physical storefront but their Instagram is new...as is their facebook. i guess because they're both new, they don't have too many followers on either places...which makes sense. i get more wary of instagram accounts that only have a few posts but have thousands of followers. i don't know how it is done, but i have heard that you can simply buy followers.

i have also bought from jemznjewels on instagram. again, their instagram doesn't have thousands of follower or too many updates. i guess my logic is funny because i get scared of instagrams that have like 10 bags everyday for sale...where do you get that many H bags? i do love looking at those accounts tho. there are a few from indonesia and singapore that have such lovely bags. if i find something that is my dream bag, i might try booking an appointment and see if they are authentic/legitmate and then share with you guys my experience. at the moment, i have not had any bad experiences in terms of fake bag yet *knock-on-wood*. i also do a search here to see if there are bad experiences. i have to admit, i did have a bad experience on realreal and ebay on the quality (not authenticity). but i think i blame myself for not asking for more pictures and details. my advice would be if you are not 100% comfortable, do not buy.

Just a quick comment about this seller. ( and other old timers)
They have been in this business for longer than :
-tpf has been online
-Apple realesed their first Iphone
-Instagram were any kind of project in the mind of anyone

This is true about this seller, who as fas as I have experiences over time, is a top of pyramid of Hermes seller, and its true about a full bunch of other H sellers. They might be on instagram, or not.
Its good to remember that there are highly trustable people out there.

I would name eBay mightykismet as another one. Five stars experience over the last 16 years, as far as I am concerned.

-tpf has been online

This is true about this seller, who as fas as I have experiences over time, is a top of pyramid of Hermes seller, and its true about a full bunch of other H sellers. They might be on instagram, or not.

I would name eBay mightykismet as another one. Five stars experience over the last 16 years, as far as I am concerned.

Absolutely agree!!!

Reactions: mrsking2 and lulilu
-tpf has been online

I agree as well. Rachel of Jemz does have an IG presence more recently. But always a well-known, honorable seller.

Reactions: mrsking2
Hi guys, I've only just started to go down the path of acquiring a kelly bag from resellers. It's actually quite stressful and daunting.

However, the one thing I noticed so far is, most of the resellers I've interacted with are extremely reluctant to provide you with more photos when you ask for them. I'm just puzzled as to why, given that I assumed they would have had to deal with this a lot and it's commonly asked questionsn especially if you'd like to get the bag authenticated by an independent authenticator.

I am planning to pay a fee with Bababebi to get these photos authenticated and she has specified the type of photos required to help her certify. But everytime I request for additional photos, these resellers either do one of the following:
- Stop responding to me entirely
- Respond saying that they don't want to supply in case I'm trying to reuse the photo; OR
- Saying that they rather not deal with a first-time buyer who has so much concerns about purchasing from them given they are reputable.

Some of the sellers I've dealt with are from Labellov, Lilac Blue (the London store), Hydeparkfashion, Prive Porter and a couple more.

Find it bizzare since I'm willing to spend nearly AUD 20000 ++ on a bag, isn't it fair to be requesting for some detailed photos in order to support the authenticity?

Has anyone used any of these resellers I've listed and any feedback about them?

I really want to acquire a Kelly bag but it's proven quite hard :sad:

Find it bizzare since I'm willing to spend nearly AUD 20000 ++ on a bag, isn't it fair to be requesting for some detailed photos in order to support the authenticity?

Has anyone used any of these resellers I've listed and any feedback about them?

I really want to acquire a Kelly bag but it's proven quite hard :sad:

I would move on to a more willing customer oriented reseller. If they are reluctant before they have your money, imagine after... There is plenty of stock out there these days, you will find the bag you want from s reputable reseller who will provide the necessary images Bababebi requires.