Real Housewives of ORANGE COUNTY (RHoOC)

The thing about Meghan is nothing about her seems sincere. Even this charity bit for colon cancer, I feel is more something the producers set up to giver her an alternate story line and she feels its good for her image. It also doesn't really make sense to me for her to speak about colon cancer - it was her husband's ex wife who died (whom I know she refers to as my "friend" - and even if they were on good terms I have a hard time believing that the exwife really considered Meghan her friend). Yes Meghan was impacted but tangently compared to some of the immediate family members, (like her daughter), it would be more powerful for one of them to speak but they are conveniently not on the show. That's why I think this is all producer arranged. I also feel Meghan constantly over steps boundaries (didn't last year she refer to her step daughter as her daughter and say something to the effect she wished that was her own child? And calling you spouses -ex your friend; now speaking about colon cancer and claiming it as her own cross she had to bear...) That being said, I hope she can do some good, it just doesn't feel like its coming from a good place. And as you can tell I can't stand Meghan.

I can tolerate Meghan marginally more than last season, but I get the exact same vibe from her. When I heard she was speaking out for colon cancer, my face went :amazed: She wants to be relatable and liked, but it definitely reeks of desperation and a hidden agenda.

The thing about Meghan is nothing about her seems sincere. Even this charity bit for colon cancer, I feel is more something the producers set up to giver her an alternate story line and she feels its good for her image. It also doesn't really make sense to me for her to speak about colon cancer - it was her husband's ex wife who died (whom I know she refers to as my "friend" - and even if they were on good terms I have a hard time believing that the exwife really considered Meghan her friend). Yes Meghan was impacted but tangently compared to some of the immediate family members, (like her daughter), it would be more powerful for one of them to speak but they are conveniently not on the show. That's why I think this is all producer arranged. I also feel Meghan constantly over steps boundaries (didn't last year she refer to her step daughter as her daughter and say something to the effect she wished that was her own child? And calling you spouses -ex your friend; now speaking about colon cancer and claiming it as her own cross she had to bear...) That being said, I hope she can do some good, it just doesn't feel like its coming from a good place. And as you can tell I can't stand Meghan.

All good points.....and the producers probably did set it up for her......

Bingo :idea:

The streaking at the end was funny.

I thought it used to be that if it looked like a part of the body normally covered by a bathing suit or if it actually was one, it was blurred out on network television. But the streaker costumes were not blurred. Then I saw an episode of Conan and Chris Hardwick was a guest. He talked about how his fiancée ordered what she thought was 20 penis cookies for her bachelorette party. She accidentally ordered 20 dozen, Now they have to get rid of them all, so he brought some on Conan's show. The cookies were not blurred out.

Then, on Botched, a woman had her nipples tattooed on. They showed them during the procedure, but when the artist was done, they were blurred out.

I'm not exactly clutching my pearls that they're not censoring these things, I'm just wondering where the line was.

Reactions: andral5

Ooooh, I couldn't have said it any better! I personally see this cancer thing as real hypocrisy. She wasn't directly involved, nor suffering together with that person, for God sake!!

Reactions: lulilu
Ooooh, I couldn't have said it any better! I personally see this cancer thing as real hypocrisy. She wasn't directly involved, nor suffering together with that person, for God sake!!
After last year, I wish they would steer away from the topic. Why isn't Meghan's stepdaughter with her now? Her mom passed away so who is she living with?

Megan's barrage of comments about her infertility is complete & total BS & is truly a slap in the face of women who really do suffer from infertility. She got pregnant on her first IVF attempt....she does NOT have infertility issues. No, they did not try to reverse Jim's vasectomy; they just unfroze he sperm. He probably doesn't want it reversed cause that would mean she would have to get pregnant the old fashion way &, honestly, he doesn't seem that interested in her or what she does. With IVF, he doesn't even need to be in the same state, much less the same room. He probably figures that's a win win for him & he can devote more time to his candles which he seems to have way more interest in.

And as far a Icky Viki is concerned...I'm sick of her & her delusional reality she lives in. Sick of looking at her, sick of hearing her voice, sick of hearing her complain & whine, sick of hearing her blow her own horn about what a great friend & mom she is because she does so much for everyone, sick of her lies, bullsh*t, & phony behavior. She has no redeeming qualities at this point.

So I am not wrong wondering how infertitlity and once a try go go together? Over here infertitlity (and I am adopted so I know the story from the other point of view) needs serious attempts for at least over a year and it certainly won't include IVF without trying to reverse the vasactomy. I'd call it a lifestyle IVF. Actually I'd prefer the old way before dooing the IVF routine to my body. But on each his own I guess..

Reactions: cdtracing
So I am not wrong wondering how infertitlity and once a try go go together? Over here infertitlity (and I am adopted so I know the story from the other point of view) needs serious attempts for at least over a year and it certainly won't include IVF without trying to reverse the vasactomy. I'd call it a lifestyle IVF. Actually I'd prefer the old way before dooing the IVF routine to my body. But on each his own I guess..
I also find her "inferitlity" comments insensitive and again totally insincere. She can't have a baby because her husband had a vasectomy. I don't know why they didn't try a reversal first - I think that is the usual procedure. However I believe if too many years have gone by, a reversal won't "fix" things (wasn't that Slade's problem with Gretchen?) Maybe they got a medical opinion that chances of a reversal being successful were low or maybe Jim was just too lazy. I don't understand why he's even on this show other than to humor Meghan. I never heard of him before, but I understand he's a respected sports broadcaster and you would think anyone in the media would be sensitive about their image and he is coming off as such douche on this show.

Reactions: junqueprincess

No, you are correct to wonder. Infertility is a long process to determine. Both partners are tested & if the man has had a vasectomy, it's usually reversed, if possible, before IVF attempted. It is extremely rare for a woman to get pregnant on their 1st try.

When my husband & I first got married (second marriage for both of us), we looked into IVF to have a child together. I had had my tubes cut & cauterized years prior & my surgery could not be reversed. The only way for us to have a child was for my eggs to be surgically harvested, fertilized in the test tube, & implanted into my womb. Because I was 46 at the time, I would have had to undergo hormone treatments & there was a very big possibility that it would take more than 1 attempt. Plus I ran a high risk of giving birth to a handicapped child due to my age. Once we found out everything we would go through, the expense & no guarantee we would be successful, we decided not to go through with it. We already had 3 sons between the two of us.

IVF is a long, involved process so I'm not buying her infertility BS. Jim had vasectomy but had frozen some of his semen prior to his surgery. Apparently, they didn't even check to see if his vasectomy could be reversed. She's not infertile. They just took the easy way & thawed out his sperm & she got pregnant right off. Her infertility claims are complete BS & are just so she can have a story line.

Reactions: Florasun and Megs
Totally agree. But she'll have a baby from him so she'll get child support and whatnot later on. :biggrin: I think she has everything planned in detail.

i think she does,too!

ITA with all of this!!! last year she was the self-chosen voice for all things cancer and this year she has to be the voice for all things infertile!! the only problem with her getting pregnant was that her husband always had some excuse to be in another state away from her!! if you are not having sex you can't get pregnant. problem solved!

i want to see jim talk about his candles. i really do, that's good stuff.

i bet you would see more emotion from him than he has for that wife of his!!!:coolio::giggle:
he doesn't have to listen to the candles yak at him and when he is done with them - he can put them away in a closet somewhere. no wonder his face lights up when he is talking about them!

Totally agree. But she'll have a baby from him so she'll get child support and whatnot later on. :biggrin: I think she has everything planned in detail.

And there you have it!!! I think that's her plan all along.

ITA with all of this!!! last year she was the self-chosen voice for all things cancer and this year she has to be the voice for all things infertile!! the only problem with her getting pregnant was that her husband always had some excuse to be in another state away from her!! if you are not having sex you can't get pregnant. problem solved!
i bet you would see more emotion from him than he has for that wife of his!!!:coolio::giggle:
he doesn't have to listen to the candles yak at him and when he is done with them - he can put them away in a closet somewhere. no wonder his face lights up when he is talking about them!

Oh, you're killing me!!!
lol27.gif
lol28.gif

Reactions: CanuckBagLover
I don't like Meghan either, but she is more tolerable than last year. That being said I think the cameras caught some true emotion from her for once after Jim left the airport and she got in the drivers seat. You could tell she was visible upset how checked out her husband is. While I want to feel sorry for her, you can't, she is choosing to be a single mother whether she stays married to Jim or not, all for what-money, fame. Life is so short, those things don't matter in the end, so she is destined to have that sad lonely look on her face for a long time.