Chanel logo wears off inside of shoes?

cafecreme15

Jan 5, 2015
Does this happen to anyone else after owning them for a while? Is this something Chanel would repair? This has happened to all of my Chanel shoes, including ballet flats and sandals (leather, suede, and the plastic-y camellia flip flops).

This happens with all shoes with the brand printed along the leather (i.e. Chanel and Louboutin) compared to shoes where the label is sewn in (i.e. Manolo Blahnik). I don't really think this is something Chanel would repair as it's part of the natural wear and tear of the shoe.

Yes, very true! It just makes me sad to see so many Chanel flats in pristine condition on this site (although rationally I know this is because photos are posted when the shoes are brand new). I guess the obvious solution is to get more pairs so I have a greater rotation to minimize the wear and tear on each pair! :biggrin:

Reactions: bunnie159
Yeah, it's sad to see the printing disappear. In old days in CL, we used to talk about putting invisible tape over the logo so it remained. It works, but then you have tape inside your fancy shoes!

Yeah, it's sad to see the printing disappear. In old days in CL, we used to talk about putting invisible tape over the logo so it remained. It works, but then you have tape inside your fancy shoes!

this is actually a great idea! Although I don't think I will be able to stand having tape in my shoes, especially on hot days. You'd think that brands like Chanel and CL would figure out a way to prevent the printing from rubbing off, or at least sew in their labels.

I really don't mean to sound insensitive, but why does it matter? It's just the logo inside of the shoe and it happens to all of mine as well. It's no biggie as nobody really sees it at all. I'm sure you work really hard for your beautiful shoes, don't worry about enjoying them, I urge you! If it really bugs you, I second that tape idea. There are also probably clear inserts you may be able to buy. However, even with the tape friction from your foot and heat caused by rubbing will probably take it off anyway. Don't let this bring you down :smile:

Whether anyone sees it or not, those shoes cost a lot of money, and I like to take care of them the best I can. I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to prevent this from happening, but it appears as if this is totally the norm! I guess all the pictures of brand new shoes that get posted on here have skewed my perception of what normal wear and tear is.

But shoes get awfully worn on the soles as well. It's just part of the wear and tear of the product. The fact remains that it's a beautiful designer shoe that will last a long time... With the exception of espadrilles, from personal experience.