Reveal: I'm happy to have the blues

Lucynancy

O.G.
Mar 1, 2012
Ladies, I have been given a choice between 2 Birkin bags, same size B30, in 2 colors: Black nilo PHW & blue du malte PHW. Both are lovely and I love both but I need to pick only 1. Which one would you pick?

Ladies, I have been given a choice between 2 Birkin bags, same size B30, in 2 colors: Black nilo PHW & blue du malte PHW. Both are lovely and I love both but I need to pick only 1. Which one would you pick?

Have you seen both in person? Which one do you like better? Do you have other b30s? If you do, do you already have a black one?

If you already have a black B, I would pick the blue du malte. If you don't have a black or dark brown B, then I would pick the black croc.

Congrats! Please do a reveal once you decide! Can't wait to see either one :smile:

Yes, I've seen both. This is a rare occasion where I love both equally:huh:. I have other B30s but in normal leather & yes, I have a black one in Togo.
Thanks, Fineprint. Appreciate your input:heart:

Tough and expensive decision
Very close fight
Can you briefly tell us a bit of your current collection
So that we can advise better including hardware
Lol

Thanks, ladies!

bag idiotic: you are spot on, bagidiotic, that it is a close fight:smile:. haha whole collection. ok lets start with the Bs & Ks black & blues.
Black: B30 Black Togo PHW, K28 Black Sellier Epsom GHW
Blues (i love blues): B30 blue ostrich permabrass, K28 BS porosus shiny GHW

Texasgirliegirl : yes i love blue & I'm told blue matte is not so easy to find:confused1:

Honhon: blue shiny is in my collection as well. your pick is still black?:huh:

Thanks, ladies!

bag idiotic: you are spot on, bagidiotic, that it is a close fight[emoji2]. haha whole collection. ok lets start with the Bs & Ks black & blues.
Black: B30 Black Togo PHW, K28 Black Sellier Epsom GHW
Blues (i love blues): B30 blue ostrich permabrass, K28 BS porosus shiny GHW

Texasgirliegirl : yes i love blue & I'm told blue matte is not so easy to find:confused1:

Honhon: blue shiny is in my collection as well. your pick is still black?:huh:
Both are equally nice actually
This decision is sooooooo tough to make
Both30 both phw both matte arrrggghhh my favourite specs lol
Looking at your blue and black collection
I will go for bdm
1 you love blue
2 you should have a phw with blue
3 i have bdm too its a fabulous easy color to go

Thanks, bagidiotic! Yes you are right, I need a blue in PHW:heart:
I'm leaning to BdM now as a versatile blue croc is not easy to find.
I guess if I still want black in the future, I can still get it & black maybe easier to find relatively:huh:

Reactions: texasgirliegirl
If you're gonna add more exotic B30s in the future then go with blue. But if this is your only one for a very long time then approach it this way, will you love the color you pick 1 yr, 5 yrs and 10 yrs from now? Good luck deciding. Nice dilemma to have.