Black lady dior- Lambskin or Patent Leather

May 3, 2014
Dear Dior lovers,

I will be purchasing my first medium Lady Dior and have decided on the color black with gold hardware. But I don't know if I should pick lambskin or patent leather.

Any suggestions and advice?

Thank you all in advance.

I had this same dilemma when I purchased my First Lady Dior this February. I chose Black Lambskin with Gold Hardware and I could not be more pleased with my choice. This bag is so classic and exquisite. It looks fabulous whether dressed up or worm more casually with the shoulder strap. You can't go wrong with either, but my recommendation would be lambskin. Good luck deciding!

Lambskin.

The lambskin can be redyed if it gets a lot of wear and tear. Plus the opening is easier to get into, and the Cannage quilting continues on the side panels which is not the same on the patent versions.

I had this same dilemma when I purchased my First Lady Dior this February. I chose Black Lambskin with Gold Hardware and I could not be more pleased with my choice. This bag is so classic and exquisite. It looks fabulous whether dressed up or worm more casually with the shoulder strap. You can't go wrong with either, but my recommendation would be lambskin. Good luck deciding!

Thank you both for your valuable opinions. I have decided to get the lambskin! Cant wait for it to arrive.

Reactions: averagejoe
View attachment 3406898

My bag had arrived on Friday but didn't have a chance to upload pic here.

I do have a quick question though. On the Dior website, it states the hardware is light-pale gold. But the hardware on my bag seems like a strong yellow.

So is there only 1 gold hardware for the black lady dior? Or there is also light gold hardware?

No, the website is not accurate. There is unfortunately only yellow gold hardware for the black lambskin Lady Dior.

View attachment 3406903

Also, I've only used this bag once but the charms especially the letter O is badly scratched up. It kinda bothers me though because it is very visible.

It's not supposed to look this scratched after one use. Did you shake the bag a lot or run when holding the bag? Was the bag allowed to swing around freely on its shoulder strap?

In any case, you can always replace the charms through Dior for a fee after a lot of use, so don't feel bad about scratching them up because they can be replaced to look brand new again.

Reactions: LVoe4DB
No, the website is not accurate. There is unfortunately only yellow gold hardware for the black lambskin Lady Dior.

It's not supposed to look this scratched after one use. Did you shake the bag a lot or run when holding the bag? Was the bag allowed to swing around freely on its shoulder strap?

In any case, you can always replace the charms through Dior for a fee after a lot of use, so don't feel bad about scratching them up because they can be replaced to look brand new again.

I mainly wear them on my shoulder but no running or shaking the bag though, lol.

I've read some where in the thread that you can get a leather wrapped charms and the crystal in laid charms. Do you know what that is?

I mainly wear them on my shoulder but no running or shaking the bag though, lol.

I've read some where in the thread that you can get a leather wrapped charms and the crystal in laid charms. Do you know what that is?

Wearing with the shoulder strap makes the charms more prone to scratching than when the bag is steadily hand-carried. This is because the bag can swing around when on the longer strap, which causes the charms to move and scratch one-another.

Leather-wrapped charms and crystal inlaid charms belong on specific seasonal pieces as well as some custom-order pieces (custom pieces cost more, and are usually available in exotic skins as opposed to lambskin which sell at much higher price points). These special charms cannot be ordered to replace the standard DIOR charms on your Lady Dior.

Wearing with the shoulder strap makes the charms more prone to scratching than when the bag is steadily hand-carried. This is because the bag can swing around when on the longer strap, which causes the charms to move and scratch one-another.

Leather-wrapped charms and crystal inlaid charms belong on specific seasonal pieces as well as some custom-order pieces (custom pieces cost more, and are usually available in exotic skins as opposed to lambskin which sell at much higher price points). These special charms cannot be ordered to replace the standard DIOR charms on your Lady Dior.

Thank you so much for the explanation.

I will just wear it and enjoy without worrying too much.