Need Advice Please! LV Didn't Receive A Returned Item

Carinalin888

Jun 21, 2016
Hello, Im located in Toronto. I made an online order, returned 2 items via mail UPS (emilie wallet and mini pochette). Three weeks later, I received a refund only for the mini pochette. I called CS and they said the emilie was not recieved only the mini pochette. CS then filed a claim and told me to "get a refund from the visa you paid with". Im also wondering if i should make a claim with UPS. I dont know what to do at this point. Please help!!

Last edited:
Hello, Im located in Toronto. I made an online order, returned 2 items via mail UPS (emilie wallet and mini pochette). Three weeks later, I received a refund only for the mini pochette. I called CS and they said the emilie was not recieved only the mini pochette. CS then filed a claim and told me to "get a refund from the visa you paid with". Im also wondering if i should make a claim with UPS. I dont know what to do at this point. Please help!!
Did you send the items both back in one box?

I hope OP comes back and give an update on this.

So the questions for OP are:
- Did you return both items in the same box or separate?
- If same box then that means either the box was damaged and opened during transit, or someone at UPS/LV stole the wallet. Then I would definitely keep calling LV to have them look further into this. If the box was just damaged or opened during transit (stuff fell out) then I hope LV has insurance on the return label(s). At least even with no insurance, all UPS packages automatically comes with a $100 insurance/declared value if LV didn't purchase insurance or a higher value for the package.
- If returned via separate boxes and labels, then what did the tracking record on that "lost" package show?

Hello everyone,
Update on the issue. I sent both items in the same box. It was signed (shows persons name) with the location, date and time it was received. I called UPS to file a claim, but really they weren't much of a help. I ended up contacting the visa company I paid with, explained the issue and they credited a "purchase adjustment" of the missing item. The same visa company also filed a claim with PayPal. I hope no one has to go through this. Lesson learned, never again will I make an online return with UPS!

Last edited:
OP, I'm so glad this got solved and you were able to get your money back for the missing item.

Regards to UPS, I wouldn't be so quick at completely shutting them down because in my opinion, they are the "best" out of UPS, FedEx, and USPS.
UPS insurance usually deals with lost and damaged packages. In your case, it sounds like a stolen item case, which I'm not sure how UPS deals with this.
I actually felt that the LV customer service wasn't of much help. They should at least assist you with dealing with UPS. They should have also checked if the package has been opened or tempered with. If yes then it's possible that either the package got opened and stuff fell out during transit or someone actually opened it and stole an item from it. Did you drop the package off and received a receipt? It will have the package weight on there and LV should have checked this against the box they received. It'll at least show that you sent more than 1 item and they should have refunded you first and then investigate the missing item with UPS.

LV CS didn't help at all. I asked LV CS if they're able to back track to the person who received the item. They said there's no way to find that out :confused1:. I had the tracking number and it showed the weight. Its alright, over and done with.

Thanks for every ones input! :biggrin: