Should I sell my GST to fund a boy bag? Advise needed!!

Missy Jny

Dec 7, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking whether I should sell my Chanel GST to fund another boy bag or even classic flap. A black boy or taupe/beige classic flap are always in my wish list. Just waiting for the perfect colour and leather to pick. I bought a GST last year when I heard that it will be discontinued soon. Even though it was an impulse buy but it's really pretty that I can't stop looking at it. I haven't start using it yet tho because it doesn't suit my life style as yet and I was thinking may be in near future when I'm getting more mature I can use it as a work bag. I'm not sure. Just afraid I might regret once I sold it. [emoji31]ImageUploadedByPurseForum1466493426.612721.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1466493441.048970.jpg Please refer to my attached photos on my current collections and let me know your thoughts! Many thanks [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

You have a beautiful collection! I'm in the same situation as you and debating whether or not to sell my never worn GST to fund a boy. I'm leaning towards selling because I haven't used since I purchased 2 years ago and don't reach for it even as a work bag. It is a beautiful bag! I am going to try to use it for a week and see how I feel after that. Maybe try to do this as well?

I would say at least give the bag a chance before selling it. I know it's on the lower end of the pricing spectrum for Chanel, but it's still a lot of money to just let something go that quickly. Sometimes we get caught up in the moment by stuff we want, so I'm going to be a party pooper and say no for now. But that's just my opinion; ultimately do whatever makes you happy :smile:

Last edited:
I could have started this thread myself! Some days I'm itching for a boy bag. I had 3 GSTs and did sell my beige one a little over a year ago. I still have a black and a burgundy. But I have regretted selling a few Vuitton bags so I won't allow myself to sell anymore bags. If I decide to get a boy, I will just have to save for a year! Good luck with your decision!

I nearly got caught in the rush to buy the GTS before it was discontinued, but after trying it on I knew it wasn't for me and have no regrets about passing on it. I agree with other that perhaps try wearing it for a week and see how you feel. If you don't fall in love with it, sell it for something you will use now. There will be another Chanel that will suite your needs when you are mature I can use it as a work bag. Good luck!

I'd sell that GST now and hold on to the cash until that perfect boy shows up. So many people have the GST. Plus if the British leave the eu the euro and the pound are going to crash and Chanel bags may wind up being cheaper!

You have such a gorgeous collection!!! I think if you're not using the GST then better to sell and buy a bag you'll use....Even though the GST had been discontinued, Chanel still makes some great totes in case later you decide a tote fits into your lifestyle :smile:

You have a beautiful collection! I'm in the same situation as you and debating whether or not to sell my never worn GST to fund a boy. I'm leaning towards selling because I haven't used since I purchased 2 years ago and don't reach for it even as a work bag. It is a beautiful bag! I am going to try to use it for a week and see how I feel after that. Maybe try to do this as well?

You have such a gorgeous collection!!! I think if you're not using the GST then better to sell and buy a bag you'll use....Even though the GST had been discontinued, Chanel still makes some great totes in case later you decide a tote fits into your lifestyle :smile:

Thanks purseprincess09 & stylevialauren ! Yea I think I should give it a try see if it's really suits me :smile: among all the Chanel tote I love the GST the most. It's just classic :smile:

I would say at least give the bag a chance before selling it. I know it's on the lower end of the pricing spectrum for Chanel, but it's still a lot of money to just let something go that quickly. Sometimes we get caught up in the moment by stuff we want, so I'm going to be a party pooper and say no for now. But that's just my opinion; ultimately do whatever makes you happy :smile:

If it's brand new, I'd not start using, as it'd decrease resell value. It's a hard decision, maybe just wait when the perfect boy or m/l shows up.

I'll give it a try before I decided to sell it like most of you advised :smile: and if I saw the perfect boy or flap then will see how it goes by then. P/s. I have non stop looking at the boy bags recently lol!

I could have started this thread myself! Some days I'm itching for a boy bag. I had 3 GSTs and did sell my beige one a little over a year ago. I still have a black and a burgundy. But I have regretted selling a few Vuitton bags so I won't allow myself to sell anymore bags. If I decide to get a boy, I will just have to save for a year! Good luck with your decision!

I nearly got caught in the rush to buy the GTS before it was discontinued, but after trying it on I knew it wasn't for me and have no regrets about passing on it. I agree with other that perhaps try wearing it for a week and see how you feel. If you don't fall in love with it, sell it for something you will use now. There will be another Chanel that will suite your needs when you are mature I can use it as a work bag. Good luck!

I'd sell that GST now and hold on to the cash until that perfect boy shows up. So many people have the GST. Plus if the British leave the eu the euro and the pound are going to crash and Chanel bags may wind up being cheaper!

Phillyfan - good luck on you saving for another boy Hun! I wish I could do that. But I'm really tight on budget now as preparing for the wedding next year. So I have to sell one bag to purchase another. How I wish I have a money tree! [emoji36][emoji36]

Funbagz, shelly319 - yea I'll give it a try first. For now I'm actually leaning toward the boy or flap. But you never know. Everytime I look at the GST I fall in love on it again. Not sure if it's only me. I always think that for cross-body or flap bags I would prefer much on Chanel. As for tote would prefer the LV. Strange enough tho [emoji58]

same goes to me! i have a gst too but i rarely use it. as much as i love it, i tend to go for smaller bag these days and was also thinking of selling it off to fund myself a new boy. :hrmm:

I feel you! That's why we are having the same dilemma. [emoji30] which boy are you after? I originally wanted a old medium boy in black with ruthenium hardware. Now I'm contemplating whether to get a small boy in gold hardware.

I sold my GST to buy a Boy and have no regrets. GST was too boxy for me and the straps never stayed together on my shoulder. One of them kept falling all the time. I love my black calfskin reverso Boy and so happy that I bought it. IMO, go for the Boy, you'll love it :smile:

I sold my GST to buy a Boy and have no regrets. GST was too boxy for me and the straps never stayed together on my shoulder. One of them kept falling all the time. I love my black calfskin reverso Boy and so happy that I bought it. IMO, go for the Boy, you'll love it :smile:

Would you mind sharing how you sold your GST? I submitted an inquiry to fashionphile and they quoted me very low at $2200 for a brand new bag! That's why I figure I might as well try it out first before selling and taking that much of a loss.