Can a small burn be repaired by Louis Vuitton are leather/shoe repair?

repaired?

• DIY?

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Vuitton store?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Thank you. Have you had any experience with repairing damaged canvas/leather?
Canvas and leather are obviously very different things to repair. I have had LV repair a couple of bags that had worn leather piping. The bags came back looking like new.

Canvas really can't be repaired. Unless you apply some kind of patch on top of the hole left by the burn. What happened by the way?

Canvas and leather are obviously very different things to repair. I have had LV repair a couple of bags that had worn leather piping. The bags came back looking like new.

Canvas really can't be repaired. Unless you apply some kind of patch on top of the hole left by the burn. What happened by the way?
I bought it 2nd hand & was told it was burned by a light

From what I know, they won't touch bag with damaged canvas. They won't even replace vachetta if canvas is cracked (I have speedy 30 and wanted to replace the side leather pull as it got stretched from padlock, but my bag has small crack on canvas near zipper, and they wouldn't take it in at all, though leather was nowhere near the crack itself lol)

Canvas cannot be repaired. But I wonder if LV just replaced the burnt canvas with a new canvas panel? The bag doesn't use one continuous canvas. I'm sure the Odeon is assembled piece by piece. But I am going to imagine it going to be costly if they accept.

IF and it is a big IF, that LV would replace that canvas piece. There is NO guarantee that the canvas will match. Another PF member had a piece replaced on her bag and it looked terrible as it did not match the canvas on the rest of the bag. Unless you basically got this bag for a steal and can use it for parts, then I agree with fabuleux, send it back.

Reactions: BleuSaphir
IF and it is a big IF, that LV would replace that canvas piece. There is NO guarantee that the canvas will match. Another PF member had a piece replaced on her bag and it looked terrible as it did not match the canvas on the rest of the bag. Unless you basically got this bag for a steal and can use it for parts, then I agree with fabuleux, send it back.

I will email them. Thanks

From what I know, they won't touch bag with damaged canvas. They won't even replace vachetta if canvas is cracked (I have speedy 30 and wanted to replace the side leather pull as it got stretched from padlock, but my bag has small crack on canvas near zipper, and they wouldn't take it in at all, though leather was nowhere near the crack itself lol)

Thanks

Thanks for info.

What would consider a steal?