Coca's bayswater

I'm afraid only classic colours will be on the proper Bays line... Hope I'm wrong.

I doubt that Mulberry is going to use new colours on the classic Bays; after all, the whole marketing point of retaining the classic Bays is because customers didn't want it to change.

Indeed, many Mulberry fans here have very firmly stated that they didn't want the classic Bays to change. It's probably expecting a bit too much from the marketing team to hope they will parse that as we don't want it to change unless it's to new colours which have never been used in a Bays before; why should they?

Though it's always worth asking if there are any plans to produce the classic Bays in non-classic colours; if there's enough demand the marketing team usually respond :smile:

I doubt that Mulberry is going to use new colours on the classic Bays; after all, the whole marketing point of retaining the classic Bays is because customers didn't want it to change.

Indeed, many Mulberry fans here have very firmly stated that they didn't want the classic Bays to change. It's probably expecting a bit too much from the marketing team to hope they will parse that as we don't want it to change unless it's to new colours which have never been used in a Bays before; why should they?

Though it's always worth asking if there are any plans to produce the classic Bays in non-classic colours; if there's enough demand the marketing team usually respond :smile:

Exactly!!
I am sure if these don't do well colours will start reappearing in the classic bays style.

To me this feels as though Coca is trying to force the new design. But then the consumer is always right so if it works and they fly off the shelves well done to him.
I seriously doubt it though.

I'm afraid only classic colours will be on the proper Bays line... Hope I'm wrong.

I really do hope that the new colours will be on the mini Cara too. The colours are lovely, and of course the suede linings. The new small Bays is actually a very good in-between size Bays. I just don't like the wings.

I am not a wings fan either.
I tried out the style with a MK Selma and ended up giving it away unused to my sis in law. Just too trendy for me. Not classic at all.

I don't like the style of the bag at all, I guess there are going to be a few of them in the winter sale!! [emoji20]
I expect the price will be lower as not so much work has gone into this new bag ???

Exactly!!
I am sure if these don't do well colours will start reappearing in the classic bays style.

To me this feels as though Coca is trying to force the new design. But then the consumer is always right so if it works and they fly off the shelves well done to him.
I seriously doubt it though.

I haven't seen the new colours in real life but it's worth bearing in mind that the individual retail customer isn't the first thing which marketers think about. The reason Mulberry fell apart was because the orders from retailers collapsed; if the bags don't get into the shops in the first place then they are not going to sell.

Given Mulberry's share price has steadied it's likely that those store orders have gone in, which is what the money people care about. Customers asked to keep the classic bays, and Mulberry has done so; there comes a point where asking that things stay the same is the commercial road to disaster, as we have seen with BHS going into receivership. Time will tell, and I hope you get your black one in the sale :smile:

I haven't seen the new colours in real life but it's worth bearing in mind that the individual retail customer isn't the first thing which marketers think about. The reason Mulberry fell apart was because the orders from retailers collapsed; if the bags don't get into the shops in the first place then they are not going to sell.

Given Mulberry's share price has steadied it's likely that those store orders have gone in, which is what the money people care about. Customers asked to keep the classic bays, and Mulberry has done so; there comes a point where asking that things stay the same is the commercial road to disaster, as we have seen with BHS going into receivership. Time will tell, and I hope you get your black one in the sale :smile:

I understand your point Willow but Mulberry just looks like a sub brand of Celine and others now. The simplicity of Mulberrys designs was the reason I liked them in the first place. Understated class, quality leather etc.. Just looks cheap to me and too much like other stuff already available but more expensive. I'm really sad as the only things I like now are the classics. Will stick with my bayswaters but not these.

Saw Izzy48's chat comment about bag.

Curious to hear more. :smile:

---

However, I just see another bays buckle.

With interior pocket moved to front.

Plus no tree.

And smaller lockplate.

Also, this fascinating description of the leather,under materials header:

"This natural looking grainy 100% vegetable tanned leather is finished similarly to our Natural Leather. It has been print assisted to make the grain consistent and regular. Due to the natural tannage of the leather, the article will age beautifully adding character to your product"

Print assisted. Hmm.

Basically, I stopped caring or worrying about coca-ville.

And found other stuff to buy.

Meh.

Very astute, you Picked up on the Freya printed leather also, it's bad enough the hybrid design, but messing with the leather again, don't they learn!!???

Bays buckle is so much nicer, I agree