My 10 Piece Capsule Handbag Collection - A smattering of H, C, G, LV, F, D

OK weN84 - here we go!

All right...I'm a little ashamed to admit my collection has now expanded to 13. At first I was at 10, but then I added a Gris Tourterelle Evelyne so then I was at 11. Now, all of a sudden...it has leapt up to 13. I was in Vegas last Christmas and these two bags just kind of fell into my lap.

If you like stories, here's what happened.

I went to Vegas hoping for a Kelly Cut. I figured if I could score a kelly cut (my dream clutch that serves all purposes), I could sell or give away my dior clutch and my fendi clutch. So I could actually downsize my collection! Good idea right? But those unicorns are hard to come by and I knew my chances were slim to none really. I have two SAs in Vegas. One at Crystals and one at Bellagio. Before I left for Vegas, my SA at Bellagio said she *might* be able to get me a malachite kelly in 28. She said she had to enter my name in to a lotto or something. I told her to do it but wasn't sure about malachite or the size 28. I'm usually a 32cm gal and I kind of wanted blue sapphire. But I figured I could always decline it if it wasn't for me. I was slightly intrigued though because I like jewel colors and a 28cm would be a nice evening bag if I had too much stuff to carry to fit into a clutch. On the first day we (DH and I) arrived in Vegas my SA at Bellagio wasn't working so DH and I headed over to Crystals. I found my SA and asked for a Kelly Cut and she shook her head. Yeah, that's what I expected. Then I thought I would just randomly ask for a Picotin MM. I don't have any totes (like a B or GP) and I do find my orange Pico MM very useful when running errands. It's so easy to just stick my hand in to get my wallet and phone out and then put it back. No flaps or stuff to mess with like on my kellys. Also, I think it's cuter than my Evelynes which I use more for trips and long days out walking. But my Orange Pico doesn't really go with all outfits because the color is just so pop. I've been wanting a neutral for some time. So I asked for etain, etoupe, blue sapphire, any dark blues...she had a ton of PMs and said no MMs. Until she checked her little iPad (new inventory system) and said oh! we have a colvert. Want to see it? Um...yes. Thank you! So she brought it out and I was in love. But in the back of my mind, I was thinking, what if I get that malachite Kelly from Bellagio? I can't possibly get two bags in one trip! So DH saw me freaking out and said, wrap it up. She wants it. Then I quickly ran through my twilly inventory at home and realized I didn't have anything to match Colvert so I went to pick out a twilly for it. When we walked out of the store, I looked at him and said, what about the malachite kelly? He said, well, just return this one for store credit and apply it to the green (he has not been totally trained on the exact color vocab) kelly if you want to get it. This is your safety bag! In case you don't get the green one tomorrow. OK, ok. I said it was a good plan. You can't leave Vegas bagless! I do love him so.

The next morning we woke up and we did some normal Vegas stuff. My SA wasn't going to be in until 4pm. Oh the wait was excruciating and I was trying to be calm. I didn't really want my DH to think I'm bat sh!t crazy over handbags. Yes, after 13 years of marriage, I'm still trying to keep up appearances. LOL. So 4pm rolls around and I tell him, why don't you go do something else while I go to Bellagio? I always feel sorry for him because he doesn't have anything to do while I squeal over scarves and handbags. So he goes off and I head over to the boutique. My SA has a sly smile and says I have something for you! The malachite Kelly! dum dum dum dum...She opened the box (still sealed) and I tried to dislike it, I really did. I held it by the handle and looked in the mirror. Nope, it's not too small. The color was an emerald green. One of my favorite colors. I pranced around the store hand carrying it, shoulder strapping it, on the crook of my arm. My SA also knows I have a weakness for 140cm giant silks and found one that looked great with my blue sweater and black pants I was wearing that day because I kept saying, I have more blue and navy clothes than green! But I felt so torn because now I had to give back my colvert pico. Agonizing! Then DH decided to ignore my request to go to the store by myself and showed up at the store unexpectedly asking the security guard if his wife was there. I actually didn't want him there because I knew he would enable me to buy everything. And I am trying to be a good girl! So he took a look at my face and then the bag, and said you need to get it. But I started looking at him and asking about the pico, and he said, keep both! I knew he would say that but I was relieved when he said it outloud. I know I don't need his permission to purchase things but it's always nice when your spouse is supportive and likes the items you've decided to purchase.

And it was just serendipity that the twilly I picked out for my Colvert Pico actually matches my Malachite Kelly better.

So that's how I came home with a Colvert Pico MM and a Malachite Kelly 28cm. I'm not sure if my bag collection still qualifies as capsule. I might need to ask the mods to rename it to My 13 Piece Kind-of Capsule Handbag Collection LOL. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

View attachment 3271608
View attachment 3271609
View attachment 3271610
View attachment 3271613

Love your story! Your DH sounds like mine (an enabler!). Both bags sound like they will be great additions to your collection.

dear MYH, i have been trying to catch up with your scarfs thread on and off this past two weeks
and came across your bags and jewelry collection

first of all, thank you for sharing your collections and perhaps even more importantly your thoughts behind each and every pieces. it is so very nice to read

to be honest, i dont think there is someone for me irl to have such an intellectual conversation - so thank you for being this person for me on tpf.

and i love that you are such an organized person. you have absolutely encourage me to give much more thoughts into building my own wardrobe. especially for me personally i think these information from you came at a very appropriate time

Ooooh, congratulations on your most gorgeous additions! What beautiful colours you've added to your collection. I enjoyed your storytelling. DHs are awesome enablers. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful eye candy.

I feel bad I have neglected this thread for a long time. Well, I am a capsule failure. Kind of. 2 more bags in and only 1 out. Ugh! I will update my collex over the next few days.

A classic collection! Sweet.
Thank you dear.

Love your story! Your DH sounds like mine (an enabler!). Both bags sound like they will be great additions to your collection.
How nice we both have enabler DHs! Makes life easy eh?

I love that your husband is an enabler and love the new pieces!
Thank you!

I love your stories. And that ur human like the rest of us. The move from a 10 capsule to a 14 capsule collection is a fabulous story. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for your kind words. I have fallen hard for H bags. They are just so lovely. Resistance is futile. :roflmfao:

Ooooh, congratulations on your most gorgeous additions! What beautiful colours you've added to your collection. I enjoyed your storytelling. DHs are awesome enablers. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful eye candy.
Thank you for stopping by and for the kind words.

dear MYH, i have been trying to catch up with your scarfs thread on and off this past two weeks
and came across your bags and jewelry collection

first of all, thank you for sharing your collections and perhaps even more importantly your thoughts behind each and every pieces. it is so very nice to read

to be honest, i dont think there is someone for me irl to have such an intellectual conversation - so thank you for being this person for me on tpf.

and i love that you are such an organized person. you have absolutely encourage me to give much more thoughts into building my own wardrobe. especially for me personally i think these information from you came at a very appropriate time

Your words are so sweet. I am happy to have an 'intellectual' convo about bags anytime! How is your bag collex going?

I have a small confession. I have been unable to resist Hermes bags. So in the past month I have added a black swift kellycut and an Eclat blue indigo/orange poppy picotin. I'm still trying to maintain some semblance of a capsule collection so I released one bag, my fendi clutch. I gave this to my sis.

So now I have:
Gris T Kelly 32, Gold Kelly 32, Malachite Kelly 28, Gris T Evelyne PM, Tosca Evelyne PM, Colvert Picotin MM, Orange Picotin MM, Blue Indigo/Orange Poppy Picotin MM, Black Kellycut, Black Dior clutch, Gucci Bamboo Top Handle, Burgundy Chanel Clutch with chain, Black Chanel Jumbo Flap, Navy LV Monceau BB. 14 ugh! I think I might be rehoming a few in the future.

Some photos of my kellycut and new Pico.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462029630.205505.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462029660.553786.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462029679.209861.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462029695.971808.jpg

And my little Pico family.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462029717.790098.jpg

Reactions: cremel and prepster
Hm - I think you mentioned you were contemplating releasing your Chanel Jumbo. I think you should only do that if you really don't get any use out of it. Because, other than your clutches, you don't have a black bag in your collection. And sometimes a black bag is very useful. If the Chanel is no longer useful to you, perhaps you should release it and consider getting something else that's more of an everyday bag in black?

PS - a new group shot photo would be helpful. ;)

You have a beautiful collection that is still quite manageable and develops over time. No shame in that. Fourteen is a good number. Love your new picotin.
Thanks darling! I can't believe I used to have only 10. Lol!

Hm - I think you mentioned you were contemplating releasing your Chanel Jumbo. I think you should only do that if you really don't get any use out of it. Because, other than your clutches, you don't have a black bag in your collection. And sometimes a black bag is very useful. If the Chanel is no longer useful to you, perhaps you should release it and consider getting something else that's more of an everyday bag in black?

PS - a new group shot photo would be helpful. ;)

K - it's my biggest dilemma. I truly don't use my black jumbo anymore. I'm just not a daytime black bag kind of gal. And now I have a blue indigo Pico which can sub in for a daytime black bag. The evening black bags I would use are my kellycut or Dior even though they are small. So I'm thinking of releasing the Chanel and just not replacing it! :thinking:

But my head tells me no because I know it's a classic and it's hard to buy back. And I think living in casual sunny LA has something to do with how I feel about it. For instance, if I lived in NY or maybe even Northern Cal, I'm sure I would use it during the day.

Decisions decisions. :lol:

K - it's my biggest dilemma. I truly don't use my black jumbo anymore. I'm just not a daytime black bag kind of gal. And now I have a blue indigo Pico which can sub in for a daytime black bag. The evening black bags I would use are my kellycut or Dior even though they are small. So I'm thinking of releasing the Chanel and just not replacing it! :thinking:

But my head tells me no because I know it's a classic and it's hard to buy back. And I think living in casual sunny LA has something to do with how I feel about it. For instance, if I lived in NY or maybe even Northern Cal, I'm sure I would use it during the day.

Very good points. I advise not doing anything until you are completely sure.

Very good points. I advise not doing anything until you are completely sure.

Yes, I agree with PbP. Some of the bags I often hear regrets about selling are Chanels. And they only go up in price, so if you sold it and then changed your mind down the road... No rush, right? :smile:

Yes, I agree with PbP. Some of the bags I often hear regrets about selling are Chanels. And they only go up in price, so if you sold it and then changed your mind down the road... No rush, right? :smile:

And now I'm looking at my poor fendi taupe peekaboo and thinking that I haven't used it in at least a year and a half. I have to think about it. Maybe it should go?!? [emoji22]

And now I'm looking at my poor fendi taupe peekaboo and thinking that I haven't used it in at least a year and a half. I have to think about it. Maybe it should go?!? [emoji22]

Eek. A year and a half is quite a while. However, in that time you have acquired quite an array of gorgeous new bags! I know that whenever I get something new, everything else tends to suffer. Maybe once the "high" has come down a bit, you'll go back to it?