Review R&Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste

sbelle

O.G.
Mar 14, 2009
I can't tell you how much I LOVE this stuff.

I use it the day after I shampoo, applying it to my roots and mid-length and it adds volume and texture. It starts as a paste, but when you rub it between your fingers it changes into more of an oil and then to a powder. I haven't loved a hair product this much in a long time!

Unknown_zpsozdxwxsw.jpeg

I can't tell you how much I LOVE this stuff.

I use it the day after I shampoo, applying it to my roots and mid-length and it adds volume and texture. It starts as a paste, but when you rub it between your fingers it changes into more of an oil and then to a powder. I haven't loved a hair product this much in a long time!

Unknown_zpsozdxwxsw.jpeg

I am so glad to see a rave for this. This is a lovely product. It gives me the exact soft, tousled, gently piece-y hair that I want! Also works well on damp hair- just a pinch rubbed through for volume.

I am so glad to see a rave for this. This is a lovely product. It gives me the exact soft, tousled, gently piece-y hair that I want! Also works well on damp hair- just a pinch rubbed through for volume.

I have just started trying the R&Co products -- are there any other of their products that you really like?

I have used R&Co Dallas thickening shampoo and conditioner and really like them.

Am I doing something wrong? I want to love this so bad, but it is not working as any sort of "dry shampoo" for me. It makes me look more oily - help! [emoji30]

I am not sure why they call it dry shampoo, or maybe it's that I just don't know what dry shampoo is these days! For me this more of a styling paste that I use to give my hair volume and a tousled, textured look. For me a little goes a long way -- maybe a dime size rubbed between my fingers until it is more powdery that paste, and then applied at the roots from underneath.

I love this so much, when traveling recently and my luggage was lost, I worried about losing this the most. Luckily, my luggage was found, and my Badlands was returned!:lol:

from Allure.com
WHAT IT IS:
A dry shampoo in paste form

WHAT IT DOES:
Lifts roots, creates messy texture, and prolongs a blowout

KEY INGREDIENTS:
Zeolite (absorbs oil); coconut and argan oils (moisturize)

HOW IT LOOKS/FEELS/SMELLS:
The pale-gray paste looks like wet sand, feels tacky (like hair wax), and has a clean, claylike smell.

WHY WE LIKE IT:
Dry-shampoo sprays can be sticky and loose powders not sticky enough (just ask anyone who's ever used one while wearing black). Rub this paste between your fingertips and massage it into the roots and midlength—what starts as a cream melts into an oil and then dries to a powder, lifting the hair and creating a slightly rough texture (with no mess). It kept our testers' blowouts fresh and bouncy for two extra days. And they loved that they could place it precisely at the roots, so the rest of their hair stayed shiny.

from Allure.com
WHAT IT IS:
A dry shampoo in paste form

WHAT IT DOES:
Lifts roots, creates messy texture, and prolongs a blowout

KEY INGREDIENTS:
Zeolite (absorbs oil); coconut and argan oils (moisturize)

HOW IT LOOKS/FEELS/SMELLS:
The pale-gray paste looks like wet sand, feels tacky (like hair wax), and has a clean, claylike smell.

WHY WE LIKE IT:
Dry-shampoo sprays can be sticky and loose powders not sticky enough (just ask anyone who's ever used one while wearing black). Rub this paste between your fingertips and massage it into the roots and midlength—what starts as a cream melts into an oil and then dries to a powder, lifting the hair and creating a slightly rough texture (with no mess). It kept our testers' blowouts fresh and bouncy for two extra days. And they loved that they could place it precisely at the roots, so the rest of their hair stayed shiny.

Swanky, have you tried it? I don't know if it is right for everyone, but it is my favorite hair care product of the moment.

I liked it so much I bought an extra and gave it to my stylist. She liked it so much she decided to carry the whole line in her shop.

my stylist/salon owner carries line and loves it, I've tried several products but not this one.
I'm a dry shampoo junky and wanna try it!
I do not like their conventional dry shampoo product however.

my stylist/salon owner carries line and loves it, I've tried several products but not this one.
I'm a dry shampoo junky and wanna try it!
I do not like their conventional dry shampoo product however.

Let us know when you try it whether you like it or not!

It is obviously a hot brand right now because Neiman Marcus carries it and I noticed that Saks just picked it up.

The only other product I tried was the Chiffon Styling Mousse and I didn't like it. I like the B&B Thickening Mousse better. They do have a second mousse (pomade mousse)-- Aircraft that I want to try.

I am not sure why they call it dry shampoo, or maybe it's that I just don't know what dry shampoo is these days! For me this more of a styling paste that I use to give my hair volume and a tousled, textured look. For me a little goes a long way -- maybe a dime size rubbed between my fingers until it is more powdery that paste, and then applied at the roots from underneath.

I love this so much, when traveling recently and my luggage was lost, I worried about losing this the most. Luckily, my luggage was found, and my Badlands was returned!:lol:
I can see that! I was hoping to love it so I could toss it in a tote since aerosols get clogged so easily.