Need help deciding (lots of pics)!!!

chiclawyer

O.G.
Aug 28, 2006
I went to LV last night and tried on a bunch of bags. I went in intending to buy the retiro nm noir, but I ended up purchasing the croisette. After bringing the croisette home, I realized that it's too small for me. I am going back this evening to exchange the croisette for something more functional. My question is--should I get the retiro as originally planned? I got the impression from the SA and my husband that they weren't blown away by the look of the retiro on me. They were both really enthusiastic about the croisette, but they were kind of meh about the retiro. I love the way the retiro looks on others, but now I'm not sure if it looks like a "wow" bag on me, ykwim? What do you think--does the retiro suit me or is it just okay? (Honest opinions are very welcome--if you don't love the way it looks on me, please say so!)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    442 KB · Views: 3,988
Croisette mod shots (I'm returning this because it is too small for my basic essentials--emp cles, keys, sunglasses case & small cosmetic bag).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    452.1 KB · Views: 4,438
I loved the retiro too but when I tried it on my hubby, the SA and even I wasnt sure about how it looked on me so I opted for the twinset. Did they say why they didnt think that bag was best for you? For me it was the size and shape of it but I think it looks lovely on you. I have to say that DA bag does look super super cute on you. I think you should go with the bag you love :smile: if the DA is too small for your needs then go for the retiro because really it looks great.

I know you like to wear black like me but would you consider maybe the retiro without the black leather for a pop of color?

Maybe it's bc you're wearing black but I like to pop of light color especially going into the spring. Have you thought about a speedy b in Azur? Retiro is a beautiful bag regardless. Good luck!

What purpose will the bag serve? If you know that you carry more item than can fit in the Croisette - it doesn't matter how cute it is you are not going to use it as much. If you are looking for a spring/summer bag I think the Croisette is really cute on you.

Some other cuties that I liked but don't need right now: poppy empreinte montaigne mm, phenix pm mono/noir, girolata, and cluny bb noir.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    385.6 KB · Views: 3,098
I think Retiro looks great. Perhaps the Alma PM in mono with the studs could be a choice too. I think it would fit your style perfectly. Good luck! Chose what fits your needs and don't be influenced by current hypes [emoji6]

I loved the retiro too but when I tried it on my hubby, the SA and even I wasnt sure about how it looked on me so I opted for the twinset. Did they say why they didnt think that bag was best for you? For me it was the size and shape of it but I think it looks lovely on you. I have to say that DA bag does look super super cute on you. I think you should go with the bag you love :smile: if the DA is too small for your needs then go for the retiro because really it looks great.

I know you like to wear black like me but would you consider maybe the retiro without the black leather for a pop of color?

Neither of them explained why the retiro wasn't their favorite, which isn't very helpful lol. I love the idea of the retiro, but I'm wondering if it may be a little too conservative with the bowler shape. I tried on the phenix as an alternative, but I found to be really awkward. It's super structured and the shoulder strap is too short for my 5'7" frame. The croisette is so pretty but I think it will drive me nuts trying to cram everything I need into it. I'm also concerned that it won't age well. I did like the retiro with poppy trim, but I don't know if I can handle mono with a bright color. I feel more comfortable doing a bright color in all leather, if that makes sense. I'm weird haha

Maybe it's bc you're wearing black but I like to pop of light color especially going into the spring. Have you thought about a speedy b in Azur? Retiro is a beautiful bag regardless. Good luck!

I used to have a DA speedy b but I ended up selling it as it didn't really mesh with my style (I typically wear all black, even in the summer lol).