Black marks on my Vernis SLGs - any hope?

LuxMommy

Jan 26, 2013
Hi all,

My lovely Vernis items in Rose Indien have black marks all over them, especially my Cles has been affected. Is this colour transfer or what an earth? I have tried everything I can think off to get them off, but they do not budge, I guess they have infiltrated the leather surface?

Has anyone else had this problem and is there any hope of getting the black stuff off? Please help, I am so sad, I invested in these items in the hope of enjoying them for years to come, and the Cles is now 1 year old, my wallet is just 6 months :crybaby::cry::sad:. I will add photos below.

so sorry this happened. truthfully i have never ever had any luck with getting color transfer off of vernis. i am afraid that anything you try might make the situation worse. hope someone else can help but for now i would leave it alone. bummer.

Hi all,

My lovely Vernis items in Rose Indien have black marks all over them, especially my Cles has been affected. Is this colour transfer or what an earth? I have tried everything I can think off to get them off, but they do not budge, I guess they have infiltrated the leather surface?

Has anyone else had this problem and is there any hope of getting the black stuff off? Please help, I am so sad, I invested in these items in the hope of enjoying them for years to come, and the Cles is now 1 year old, my wallet is just 6 months :crybaby::cry::sad:. I will add photos below.

Hey, a SA at LV told me try an alcohol pad? Like the ones they use to sterilize your arm before you get a shot? She said it comes right off, but make sure not to run too hard, or for too long. The SA also said that the bag has 4 coats of varnish on it. I hope that works!!! Let us know!!

Did it come in contact with something that transferred? I don't think there is a way to remove the spots. I had a RI brea that had a couple very small dots that showed up on the bag, I don't think it was color transfer though and they did not come out....maybe you can take it to the store and ask them if it's not color transfer?

that looks like color transfer. do you separate your vernis SLG's from you other items? do you use a purse organizer? anything with ink print on them can transfer over, like magazine, receipts,paper, etc. unfortunately, those transfer are permanent.

Hey, a SA at LV told me try an alcohol pad? Like the ones they use to sterilize your arm before you get a shot? She said it comes right off, but make sure not to run too hard, or for too long. The SA also said that the bag has 4 coats of varnish on it. I hope that works!!! Let us know!!

REALLY????? OMG, I have to try this, it's probably my last hope.... Thank you SO MUCH for this tip!!!

Did it come in contact with something that transferred? I don't think there is a way to remove the spots. I had a RI brea that had a couple very small dots that showed up on the bag, I don't think it was color transfer though and they did not come out....maybe you can take it to the store and ask them if it's not color transfer?

I don't think it did, I am mindful of the colour transfer issue and make sure to keep my Vernis items away from everything, but who knows, maybe something happened without my noticing it. Sorry to hear about your Brea. I guess I should go ask at the boutique.

I've managed to remove a few tiny marks from my vernis items. I just take the dustbag and put it over my finger, lick it to get a bit of moisture, and kind of rub/scratch it off with the end of my finger through the dustbag. Sounds gross, but it worked :smile: