Pet Carriers!

LVk8

Me + Harpua
Jan 30, 2014
I searched the forum for pet carrier threads but all of them said "this thread is more than XYZ days old so not relevant anymore" so figured I'd start fresh!

I'm planning to adopt a new fur baby. I so cannot wait! My adoption is still pending, met the foster parents last night, hit it off with them and bonded with the pup but am waiting on the next appointment with the shelter to make sure my place is equipped for a dog.

So....pet carriers!

What types do you use and like? I feel like this is probably where function really needs to come first but I definitely want a cute one. My new friend is going to be a 5lb yorkshire. 8 years old, his prior mom had a stroke & could no longer care for him. The EMTs found him with a bad flea problem so he is currently growing his hair back, poor baby. Such a lil sweetheart though, a cuddlebear of the highest degree, can't wait til he lives at home with me ♥

Not going to lie I really love the Goyard Sac Hardy pet carriers but it's probably insane to spend that much on a a bag that will only really go under an airline seat and to the vet. Haha. Any other recommendations from the group?

I think dog's comfort & safety should come first.
Especially on airline.
Definitely research & ask vet/trainer for advice.

My now 60lb. former stray (not small dog) uses open-view wire crate in home.
Have trained to ride quietly in vehicle.(kurgo backseat cover)
So will walk into vet, etc. on leash.
None of this is high fashion.
And if I'm considered uncool for putting dog's welfare above style, so be it.

Kind of you to offer home to shelter animal. :smile:
May require some give & take, learning this dog's needs.
Best luck.

Congrats on your new furbaby!:biggrin::biggrin:

Mine flies with me a lot and he loves his Sturdi Pet Carrier. I've had this carrier since 2009 and I've used it for both domestic and international travels. Sturdi Products makes great pet carriers, shelters, and tents. They have a lot of selections and the quality's superb.:smile:

Attachments

• travel.jpg
    travel.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 115
  • travel2.jpg
    travel2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 113
  • travel3.jpg
    travel3.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1455142109.090028.jpg This is not a designer carrier...but these pet carriers are awesome! I have two Mediums for my cats. The mini would be a good size for a 5 lb dog, and it also fits under an airline seat. You can get a warmer pad for them as well that fits in the carrier. Definitely worth looking into. They also have another one designed for plane travel, but I really prefer these domed carriers. The bed is so plush and comfy as well.

I think dog's comfort & safety should come first.
Especially on airline.
Definitely research & ask vet/trainer for advice.

My now 60lb. former stray (not small dog) uses open-view wire crate in home.
Have trained to ride quietly in vehicle.(kurgo backseat cover)
So will walk into vet, etc. on leash.
None of this is high fashion.
And if I'm considered uncool for putting dog's welfare above style, so be it.

Kind of you to offer home to shelter animal. :smile:
May require some give & take, learning this dog's needs.
Best luck.

No doubt pet comfort comes first but there's no reason why fashion & function have to be mutually exclusive :smile:

OMG! I'm sure he is a cutie!!!

Here is a nice Henri Bendel carrier that would be roomy for your baby. It seems to have some nice features and is quite stylish.
http://www.henribendel.com/henri-be...3Fde7peYy0egFGun3uBRWA5dfITIetSFLchoC8gLw_wcB

Oh that is cute, I love the little bone!

Congrats on your new furbaby!:biggrin::biggrin:

Mine flies with me a lot and he loves his Sturdi Pet Carrier. I've had this carrier since 2009 and I've used it for both domestic and international travels. Sturdi Products makes great pet carriers, shelters, and tents. They have a lot of selections and the quality's superb.:smile:

YES this is exactly what I wanted to hear, brands of pet carriers that are good for flights! You're awesome for sharing!! Great Ramages NF and ridiculously cute pup to boot!

View attachment 3268965 This is not a designer carrier...but these pet carriers are awesome! I have two Mediums for my cats. The mini would be a good size for a 5 lb dog, and it also fits under an airline seat. You can get a warmer pad for them as well that fits in the carrier. Definitely worth looking into. They also have another one designed for plane travel, but I really prefer these domed carriers. The bed is so plush and comfy as well.

Oh Sleepypod that is an adorable name! I will look into the ones designed for plane travel for sure :smile:

Thanks so much, keep the recommendations coming!

View attachment 3268965 This is not a designer carrier...but these pet carriers are awesome! I have two Mediums for my cats. The mini would be a good size for a 5 lb dog, and it also fits under an airline seat. You can get a warmer pad for them as well that fits in the carrier. Definitely worth looking into. They also have another one designed for plane travel, but I really prefer these domed carriers. The bed is so plush and comfy as well.

I just bought one of these in the regular size as a car seat for my 6lb Pom, and agree that the mini would be a good fit for your new pal. He loves any bag, though, so some others to check out are wagwear and love thy beast.