Speedy Girls: Do you zip your purse or leave it open???

Do you zip your Speedy or leave her open???

• I zip her up

• I leave her unzipped

Results are only viewable after voting.
Zipped. Also, if the zipper pull breaks (which I haven't heard a lot about here) it is usually a free in-store repair. What I have heard more about here is the DE canvas cracking along the top stitches (rarely) and those who have had that issue come up always seem to be asked if they aren't zipping up their bags. I don't know if there is any real correlation to it. I sip my bag up because I'm always afraid I will knock my stuff out of it.

Wow! After reading that I just got up and zipped my purse!!! Thank you NurseAnn!
If something does happen to the pull they can fix it in the boutique or does it have to be sent out?

Zipped!!! i think it's silly to leave it unzipped as it will eventually distort the shape of the bag causing creasing and making it susceptible to cracking issues down the road.

I always keep it zipped when I am out and most of the time at home. I have read on here that leaving it unzipped might be bad for the bag.

I keep it zipped up at all times to prevent distortion of the shape and stress on the canvas which could lead to cracking...doesn't matter much now though since my 30 has two very small cracks along the top seam on one side (granted she's over 18 years old now), but I don't want to aggravate them.

Zipped!!! i think it's silly to leave it unzipped as it will eventually distort the shape of the bag causing creasing and making it susceptible to cracking issues down the road.
+1. When I carried mine, zipped, in the boutique, my regular SA ( and boutique manager) commented how important it is to keep it zipped because it protects the integrity of the bag. I didn't think a thing of it because I always keep it zipped. It simply looks more polished and put together vs walking around with an unzipped bag. It's not the same aesthetic as an open tote.

Last edited: