How to Age A Balenciaga Bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Bales are the little metal parts at the end of the shoulder strap. They basically connect the leather shoulder strap to the ring on the side of the bag. Does that makes sense?

Is it this?

Baltag3.jpg

Mooks, bales look good. I have to say that, if I can remember correctly, one of the posts of AtelierNaff was exactly about some inconsistencies in the presence/absence of the silver tag in B-Bags. I remember that there have been in the past issues similar to yours, and even LP could not find a logic in the presence/absence of the tags. So it is not as fixed as we would like it to be i.e. there are some bags from some seasons that came without silver tag, even if all the others had the tag. I hope I was clear enough.

Congrats Mooks, methinks you have an older bag, probably circa 2003ish.

Also sometimes store staff are not as knowledgable about the older bags, but my gut feeling is that yours is the real deal-- and a 'vintage' one at that! RA! for you!

Thank you :flowers:

Ultimately, you are the one holding the bag in your hands. How does it smell? Is the leather voluptuous? An important part of the recognition process is the vibes you get from a bag holding it in your own hands. If you want you can inspect the bag closely, look at the buckles in the corners and the rivets (if you want you can also post pics here). Then touch the leather tassels. Are they really soft, with maybe a tendency to split? And if you curl up the bag, does it go back to its original shape? If you fill it with stuff, does it get a little deformed, i.e. the handles stretch the leather on the body of the bag a little? AFAIK, these shall all be signs that the bag is genuine. As I stress again, trust also your instincts while holding it ;)

As soon as I saw the bag I was like "WOW!" and I never even doubted the authenticity until the query of the silver plate came up. The leather is butter soft and beautiful quality (smells yummy too!), my instinct tells me it's the real deal and based on the quality of the items this sale had I didn't doubt it's authenticity.

I recently bought a counterfeit Thomas Wylde bag and could tell immediately it wasn't right but I just don't get that with this. It's smooshy and aving compared it using the eBay guide I found it all looks right. The rings are fully welded shut and the hardware is the right colour.

My instincts will either be confirmed or denied tomorrow when the Balenciaga SA see's it. He sounded incredibly knowledgeable on the phone and wasn't phased when I said it was a First without the plate.

Maybe I have something really special!!!

Maybe it's the angle of the photo, but that bale shape doesn't look quite the same as mine. Am I the only one seeing this? Maybe they were a little different on the earlier bags, because all the other details of the hardware look good (the thickness, etc.).

The bales look ok to me fiat...

Mooks, can you post a closeup of the back of the bag so we can see the texture of the leather?

The fakers have never been able to get that right (IMO)

IMO, that bag is the real deal.. but have it checked just for your own peace of mind. I am not an expert but the texture of the leather looks right for an older bag.

fiat, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.