How to Age A Balenciaga Bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooks

May 4, 2007
I did post above that the rings are welded/soldered all the way round. The leather is far from stiff and if I put the bag down it smooshes up.

Here is the stud off the bottom of the handle, excuse my spotty PJ's :shame:

Baltag5.jpg

I'll be going to see the Balenciaga SA in about 2 hours so I'll have a definite answer either way.

Alaska

Saved by grace
O.G.
Mar 19, 2007
^--- whoops! I looked at the time and thought it said AM instead of PM!!! lol!! I wish you the best because it sounds like you found a real treasure!!!!

Aaaaarrrrrr! Treasure hunting is soooo FUN!!!

mooks

May 4, 2007
*drum roll please*

The bag is AUTHENTIC!

The Balenciaga SA checked every rivet, compared it to the current season, felt it, smooshed it and even checked out the dustbag and confirmed that what I had is indeed the real deal :yahoo:

He said it was an older season bag and said that the lack of the silver plate was nothing to worry about as they were inconsistent with putting them in.

Fraublucher

Shallow when needed!
Jan 16, 2006
*drum roll please*

The bag is AUTHENTIC!

The Balenciaga SA checked every rivet, compared it to the current season, felt it, smooshed it and even checked out the dustbag and confirmed that what I had is indeed the real deal :yahoo:

He said it was an older season bag and said that the lack of the silver plate was nothing to worry about as they were inconsistent with putting them in.

I am soooo happy for you, Mooks! I have to say that I was quite positive about your bag. Some time ago I dealt with a superfake myself, but the leather was just not right. And the smell was totally different. Sooo... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :wlae:

Blue_Hour_Girl

Pugland
Mar 12, 2007
*drum roll please*

The bag is AUTHENTIC!

:yahoo:Congrats! I have been following this thread with great interest, am so happy for your good news on your bag, yay! :tup: So in the end, what year is the bag, for educational purposes since I am a newbie?:heart:

kate79

Jul 27, 2006
I didn't know Bal ever used rivets with semi-circle notches :confused1:

I thought that older bags had solid rivets (no notches at all) and newer bags had rivets with longer, squarish notches. Now I'm confused...

Luva Pug

In a H dream...
O.G.
Dec 26, 2006
MOOKS: Wow what a thread! I am soo new to Balenciaga but the leather on your bag looks amazing! Im so pleased for you that everything got sorted out! Congrats on a great bag!
So what season and year is it from? xx

Status
Not open for further replies.